PDA

View Full Version : M1 Carbine muzzle brake

Charliegone
11-11-2007, 6:46 PM
Is the M1 Carbine muzzle brake useful? What I mean is, does anyone know if this will fall off or will it make it difference on the recoil. It's exactly like this one.

http://www.northridgeinc.com/m1c-52a.jpg

jandmtv
11-11-2007, 7:02 PM
(the following will not contribute to or be usefull to this thread in any way) omfg that thing is fugly!!!

kurac
11-11-2007, 7:09 PM
I don't think the m1 Carbine generates enough recoil to require a muzzel break but it still supposed to be a free country

M. Sage
11-11-2007, 7:54 PM
It was designed for the M2 to fight muzzle climb in full-auto. It shouldn't fall off (being a military design for FA..). IMO, the Carbine doesn't need it. What recoil?

Charliegone
11-11-2007, 8:22 PM
I get recoil, but nothing I can't handle, it's just that someone gave it to me and was thinking whether should I or not? I guess not.:D

sloguy
11-11-2007, 8:33 PM
m.sage hit it. its for the full auto version.

the semi auto m1 carbine doesnt need it. recoil is tiny.

if your not going to use it, want to sell it? i have other rifles id like to try it on( to maybe tame recoil so i dont lose sight picture thru my scope).

Army
11-11-2007, 9:24 PM
But it does have a certain so-ugly-it's-cool about it. Me? I'd keep it on for the historical, and "I got one and you don't" factor.

NRAhighpowershooter
11-11-2007, 10:04 PM
if you paid less then $75 for it, it is a cheap commie copy...

Paradiddle
11-11-2007, 10:20 PM
Ghack. Don't ruin the great lines of the Carbine. Honestly the thing is barely a 10/22 on roids - it is one of my sweeter shooters and the recoil is nearly non-existant.

I'm not a fan of wing nuts on anything that isn't related to my drums.

Wyatt
11-11-2007, 10:25 PM
I've never seen one of those, thank you for the pic but like the others have said it is added weight you don't need on the carbine. :)

metalhead357
11-12-2007, 12:26 AM
ummmmmmmm,

didn't anyone remember that these are no-no's????????? Correct me if I'm wrong...but detachable mag + 1 evil feature:confused: or is it +2:confused: God I hate this friggin' state sometimes.........

Army
11-12-2007, 7:07 AM
ummmmmmmm,

didn't anyone remember that these are no-no's????????? Correct me if I'm wrong...but detachable mag + 1 evil feature:confused: or is it +2:confused: God I hate this friggin' state sometimes.........
It's a brake, not a flash hider.

Flash hiders are evil. Brakes that look and may operate like a flash hider, but are officially brakes, are not.:D

NRAhighpowershooter
11-12-2007, 9:10 AM

Flash hiders are evil. Brakes that look and may operate like a flash hider, but are officially brakes, are not.:D

*sigh* Yet another 5.582 second ban time for metalhead357 for spreading mass hysteria and confusion :eek:

:p

Charliegone
11-12-2007, 1:26 PM
actually, I didn't pay a dime. Got that and a flashy (big nono I know) for free.

The brake has surface rust on it, but I'm sure it can be cleaned up pretty good. It says Check.Recoil.M1 on it. Don't know if it's a repro.

The Flashy says Hider. Flash. Spain. and it's pretty clean my guess it's a repro since it says Spain.

metalhead357
11-12-2007, 4:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=831740#post831740)

*sigh* Yet another 5.582 second ban time for metalhead357 for spreading mass hysteria and confusion :eek:

LOL! I gotta be good at least SOMETHING...even if it is them quick bans!!!! Sorry folks-- late night post and thinking much like the anti's...FH/MB all look the same when you're 3 hours past bedtime:o

M. Sage
11-12-2007, 5:37 PM
I just want to add in that it's not really for recoil so much as climb. It's less a brake like you'd find on an M1A or something like that, more a compensator like the slant-cut device on an AK.