PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs down for Burryo Canyon (azusa)

kroniclove
11-11-2007, 6:47 PM
Ive been to this shooting range a few times now. But today the staff handling the money was a ****ing *******. I look aorund the facility and its looks like a dump to me. Very disgusting portable restrooms. Trash all over the floor. Other people tend to shoot your targets. I wont be going to burryo canyons anymore. From now on its going to be angeles firing range.

xs2k
11-12-2007, 1:19 AM
I thought these guys were 'Ok'....didn't have good service, but wasn't extremely bad either. Their target stands, however, are a big rip off. $10 deposit and depending on where you hit it, you lose part of your deposit. I nicked just ONE of the pipe and it cost me $8 so I got $2 back. Next time i'm going out there, I'm making my own stands.

Their pricing is pretty reasonable at $10/person to shoot all day.

bigthaiboy
11-12-2007, 4:15 AM
I thought these guys were 'Ok'....didn't have good service, but wasn't extremely bad either. Their target stands, however, are a big rip off. $10 deposit and depending on where you hit it, you lose part of your deposit. I nicked just ONE of the pipe and it cost me $8 so I got $2 back. Next time i'm going out there, I'm making my own stands.

Their pricing is pretty reasonable at $10/person to shoot all day.

Actually, to rent targets it's $2 rental, plus $2 for each section that is damaged. You should have got $6 back.

On a weekend, when it's busy, it is almost impossible to leave with your target frame unscathed. Too many yahoos with their SKS's. You know the type. :D

Black Majik
11-12-2007, 11:35 AM
The only thing good about Burro are the private bays you can rent. Plus the tri-tip sandwiches are really good. Otherwise, I don't bother in the free-for-all you-shoot-my-target-I-shoot-yours public range.

69Mach1
11-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Ive been to this shooting range a few times now. But today the staff handling the money was a ****ing *******. I look aorund the facility and its looks like a dump to me. Very disgusting portable restrooms. Trash all over the floor. Other people tend to shoot your targets. I wont be going to burryo canyons anymore. From now on its going to be angeles firing range.

Welcome to Burro on the weekend. If you can go on a weekday, it's 100% improvement over the weekends. For those of you who have your rented targets shot up, just grab parts from the abandoned target frames to rebuild yours.

5150-417
11-12-2007, 12:16 PM
I hate that target rental crap, for each bullet hole on your target it's a buck of your deposit I just take them home. Oh and they don't even allow rapid fire anymore WTF!

69Mach1
11-12-2007, 12:19 PM
I hate that target rental crap, for each bullet hole on your target it's a buck of your deposit I just take them home. Oh and they don't even allow rapid fire anymore WTF!

No rapid fire may actually reduce the bullet holes in your target stand.:D I really wish they would not allow shotguns (unless using slugs only) on the main range also.

5150-417
11-12-2007, 12:31 PM
No rapid fire may actually reduce the bullet holes in your target stand.:D I really wish they would not allow shotguns (unless using slugs only) on the main range also.

I put bowling pins out too, that's when i wanna let my finger slide. I love seeing those things fly in the air. Plus you can't rapid fire and not smile, it's so much fun.

brassburnz
11-25-2007, 8:14 PM
How much does it cost to use the private bays?

Randy
NRA Life Member

!@#$
11-25-2007, 8:36 PM
How much does it cost to use the private bays?

Randy
NRA Life Member

$60

BamBam-31
11-25-2007, 9:43 PM
Actually, it's $15/person, $60 minimum.

3 shooters = $60
4 shooters = $60
5 shooters = $75
etc.

Just came back from ASR. People were shooting my .22lr spinners w/ their 9mm's, .308's, .223's, etc. :mad:

duenor
11-25-2007, 10:03 PM
they let you use your own target at asr?

if you dont like your $10 target getting shot up at burro's, bring your own.

ASR is very nice and tidy, but not for me. I like having the option of bringing my own target. i like the option of rapid firing my benelli. i like the option of shooting pumpkins. i like the option of firing both of my p228s at once. and i sure as hell dont like having to put my target out to 50 yards whether im zeroing my rifle or not.

the problem with burro is that not enough good RMs are there.

if i lived closer id work saturday, but im in van nuys.

CAL.BAR
12-01-2007, 3:33 PM
$60.00 per day.

David

NoobShooter
12-05-2007, 8:41 PM
I've been shooting at Burro Canyon (and a member)...
Pros:
Bring your own non-metal targets (pumpkins, bowling pins, etc.)
Unpretentious environment (not many snobby bolt-actions "hunters")
Open shotgun area
Private ranges available
Price (be a member, if you plan to go often)
Cons:
People sitting there all day shooting, cleaning, shooting.
Very crowded since the closing of SGV
Inconsiderate SKS (more NOOB than me) owners - ejecting shells all over and shooting up other targets
Some people don't know how to walk straight lines from their benches - probably never had to navigate in the wilderness before.
Chairs suck, some tables suck.
Dusty.

Suggestions:
Get there early, shoot early, leave before the "yahoos" get there.
Bathrooms - drink water only (for guys), learn to hover (for women).
Bring you own frames (its not hard to build yourself a PVC pipe frame)
Bring folding stools or chairs.

There's one thing people have to remember, there aren't that many places where you can shoot without fear of getting a DOJ agent or snobs looking at your AR-15 variants. No matter how CA legal you make it.

proraptor
12-08-2007, 8:57 AM

This is exactly why I dont like going there....Angeles is 1000 times better and Im not exagerating

Jarhead
12-14-2007, 10:51 AM
Join West End Gun Club, private club with organized matches on weekend. Week days you get a bay at no additional cost.

5150-417
12-14-2007, 11:12 AM

well it's not like your gonna eat their, i've never had my targets shot but i go during the week and it looks clean to me.

ar15robert
12-15-2007, 1:59 PM
Never been there since it reopened.I went there like 12 years ago but thats about it.If i do hit a range its usually angeles but also havent been there in a few years.

Just dont get to shoot as much as i would like too.

gn3hz3ku1*
12-15-2007, 2:15 PM
I put bowling pins out too, that's when i wanna let my finger slide. I love seeing those things fly in the air. Plus you can't rapid fire and not smile, it's so much fun.

what do you hit your bowling pins with that makes it fly in the air? i shot it with 223 and 762 and have never made it fly before...

scrat
12-15-2007, 6:04 PM
ASR for me. Burro canon really sucks. There is no control over there at all. Especially when they shoot at your targets and bust them up. HILL BILLY heaven. i have gone there a few times on the weekdays. it was so so. just no control. seems like they dont care. Very sad being one of the only ranges left.

ASR is jut much much better. At angeles i took my own steel target. i just told the guys around me its built for a 22lr only. Whoever shoots it needs to coff up the dough if it breaks. They ask how much was it. i say its 50.00 Then they say thats a lot. Yep. Then they leave it alone.
I once had a guy shoot my steel target. he had paper set up. i saw him shoot it. He saw me look at him. I put my rifle down. Grabbed my 12 guage. Fired it once at his paper target. LOOKED AT HIM. Then i did not have any problems.

5150-417
12-16-2007, 12:04 PM
what do you hit your bowling pins with that makes it fly in the air? i shot it with 223 and 762 and have never made it fly before...

762 v-max