PDA

View Full Version : where can i be free to shoot???

myar15
11-10-2007, 10:07 PM
hey calgunners,

where in the heck is the nearest place i can take myself into the wilderness and be free to use my rifle?? I live in the dublin/pleasanton area.

u guys know any good spots????

pm me or write back.

thanks guys!!

deldgeetar
11-11-2007, 1:32 AM
Panoche Hills.

myar15
11-11-2007, 2:45 AM
ok the panoche hills. well lets see, it says there is hunting allowed there. i just want to do some target shooting out where no one will bother my friends or i. do i need a hunting license to go out there and shoot targets?

is it like a park where i pay $5 to get into and i can just roam the wilderness to do as i please??

Lateralus
11-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Reno

:p

DedEye
11-11-2007, 2:50 PM
Reno

:p

Beat me to it :p.

deldgeetar
11-11-2007, 5:01 PM
ok the panoche hills. well lets see, it says there is hunting allowed there. i just want to do some target shooting out where no one will bother my friends or i. do i need a hunting license to go out there and shoot targets?

is it like a park where i pay $5 to get into and i can just roam the wilderness to do as i please??

I don't think you realize how big it is. I was there for 8 hours and drove from one side to the other and saw 2 other vehicles. You can pull over and shoot ANYWHERE. No, you don't need a hunting license. There isn't much to hunt anyway. There is no fee to get in, and you can roam anywhere.

CavTrooper
11-11-2007, 5:14 PM
Clean up after yourself, pick up some extra trash that the less considerate have left behind. ;)

jegonzo3
11-11-2007, 6:35 PM
Carson City.

tgriffin
11-11-2007, 7:58 PM
Knoxville, above Lake Berryessa

Rascal
11-11-2007, 9:29 PM
I don't think you realize how big it is. I was there for 8 hours and drove from one side to the other and saw 2 other vehicles. You can pull over and shoot ANYWHERE. No, you don't need a hunting license. There isn't much to hunt anyway. There is no fee to get in, and you can roam anywhere.

Not quite true.
There is a State-owned ecological preserve, which is closed to target shooting, in Panoche hills. It is marked with signs.
Panoche hills is pretty big. There are plenty of places to shoot there and not be bothered by anyone.
I hope you have a truck, cause when it rains the road going in and out, gets really slippery. 4WD is good to have.
If you are looking for woods, then Sequoia national forest (not national park) allows weapons and shooting. There are the normal rules... no shooting across roads or bodies of water, 150 yards from the camp grounds,,, a few other rules, but not much else.
Hope this helps.