PDA

View Full Version : First AR build pics.

philthy209
11-10-2007, 9:22 PM
Finished my first AR build (assembly).:)

just your basic M4 type.

LMT upper
Vulcan lower reciever
dpms carry handle
doublestar LPK
unknown 6 way stock
10/20 mag
bb
hogue grip
unknown buttstock pad

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc232/philthy209/SUC51662.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc232/philthy209/SUC51658.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc232/philthy209/SUC51436.jpg

I'd like to thank DRM6000 and stormfeather, without them this would be alot less cool!

thanks guys!

BTW
Sierra Nevada is the best bear ever!

Prc329
11-10-2007, 9:25 PM
Finished my first AR build (assembly).:)

just your basic M4 type.

LMT upper
Vulcan lower reciever
dpms carry handle
doublestar LPK
unknown 6 way stock
10/20 mag
bb
hogue grip
unknown buttstock pad

BTW
Sierra Nevada is the best bear ever!

I can't drink Sierra Nevada, to bitter for me. Have fun with the rifle, looks good.

bwiese
11-10-2007, 9:29 PM
Phlithy,
Consider yourself lucky you got an LMT upper instead of the original 'bottom feeder' deals you were looking at. You went top-notch for just a few bucks extra, congrats.

Go shoot the sh*t out of it.

philthy209
11-10-2007, 9:33 PM
I'm so glad someone remembered my first few posts^

oh how far i have come:o

i am very lucky and happy:D

I thank everyone very much for their help and guidance. CALGUNS.COM is filled too the rim with good people.

DRM6000
11-10-2007, 10:10 PM
lookin' good :cool2: mine isn't even done yet.

i was happy to help. :)

philthy209
11-11-2007, 5:15 PM
took rifle to range today. would not cycle through. i'm pretty sure the BC is getting couaght on the trigger re-set. any guesses? i'm gonna strip the lower tommorrow and try again.

NORCALWRECKCHASER
11-11-2007, 7:30 PM
Ok, this is going to be another stupid question, sorry in advance. Is a BB equipped AR with the mag well open (no mag inserted) considered an "assault weapon" as pictured? I just finished my build today and mine is almost identical. If I go to the range must I/we use the break top/stripper clip method:confused: Nice rifle ,philthy209. Sorry for posting this on your thread, but yours is so similar to mine! :)

thedrickel
11-11-2007, 7:35 PM
Ok, this is going to be another stupid question, sorry in advance. Is a BB equipped AR with the mag well open (no mag inserted) considered an "assault weapon" as pictured? I just finished my build today and mine is almost identical. If I go to the range must I/we use the break top/stripper clip method:confused: Nice rifle ,philthy209. Sorry for posting this on your thread, but yours is so similar to mine! :)

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Can you detach the mag without the use of a tool?

NORCALWRECKCHASER
11-11-2007, 7:56 PM
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Can you detach the mag without the use of a tool?

Thanks thats what I thought, a buddy of mine insisted once the mag was out regardless of how one got it out, it was now an AW.

davedog665
11-11-2007, 9:48 PM
Thanks thats what I thought, a buddy of mine insisted once the mag was out regardless of how one got it out, it was now an AW.

well you have to be careful. the only reason the bb is thought to be legal is because it creates a attachable fixed mag. and the law states if the weapon can accept detachable mags. well it can't with a bb cuz once the mag is incerted it becomes fixed. with the older prince 50 this is an issue.

bobfried
11-11-2007, 10:37 PM
took rifle to range today. would not cycle through. i'm pretty sure the BC is getting couaght on the trigger re-set. any guesses? i'm gonna strip the lower tommorrow and try again.

Does it extract at least? Remember that you have to lean into it as a new AR upper has a tendency to bind before broken in. But most importantly, did you try a different magazine? Of the 10 rounders I have for my fixed mag build only a certain one will cycle through a certain rifle. The only really trouble free mag I have is the Bushy 10/20. If the only mag you tried is the one you pictured than I can tell you right now it's the mag, I have the same one and it doesn't cycle worth a damn in any of my AR's.

philthy209
11-12-2007, 10:32 PM
i tried three different magz.guy next to me at the range had an AR and lots of mags and i have the 10/20 you see pictured and a regular 10 rounder. all of them did the exact same thing.

when i did a function test there was no doubt that the bolt carrier assembly was getting caught on the trigger.

i don't know much but the guy who helped me was an ex-marine and from his thirty round clips and detachable mag AR i'm pretty sure he was law enforcement. Any which way he was very nice and he definatley new what he was talking about.

at first we lubed the hell out of it thinking since it was new it needed alot of astroglide. after that didn't work he did the function test and said it was the trigger re-set.

I put the lower together myself and it seemed like i did it correctly so what did i do wrong?:(

DRM6000
11-13-2007, 12:11 AM
how does the upper shoot? i hope you're enjoying it.

oh, here's mine.

http://www.filefarmer.com/drm6000/Misc/IMG_4758.jpg

ar15barrels
11-13-2007, 1:06 AM
when i did a function test there was no doubt that the bolt carrier assembly was getting caught on the trigger.

Check the hammer dimension and compare to this:
http://www.ar15barrels.com/tech/hammer-height.jpg

i don't know much but the guy who helped me was an ex-marine and from his thirty round clips and detachable mag AR i'm pretty sure he was law enforcement.

Thousands of people own legally registered assault weapons which would have 30 round detatchable magazines as the norm.

You just had to be born before about 1982 in order to have purchased them by 2000.

philthy209
11-16-2007, 6:00 PM
FIXED THE PROBLEM!

I forgot to put the disconnector spring in:o

Fixed me right up.

thanks for the manuals 4 Brigada they were a big help.

so i'm off to the range tommorrow to finally zero this badboy in.:D

Jeff1
11-16-2007, 11:51 PM
This board rocks Wealth of info on here

Giovani X
11-17-2007, 12:09 AM
Is that a Vulcan Carbon lower? I have one myself and have been waiting for some range reports from other shooters to build it up. Keep us posted on the results and happy shopoting.

philthy209
11-17-2007, 3:00 PM
just got back from the range, and the AR performed brilliantly. It took me about four rounds and my friend manning the spotting scope and i was zero'd in and constantly in the ten ring.As for the vulcan lower it is great no problems at all everything fits nice and snug. The range master there also has a vulcan Lower and he had nothing bad to say about them either. The only thing about the lower is it's ugly, no fancy logo's or things of that nature but the finish matches well with my upper and the rest of my goodies. I do plan on saving up and getting a calguns lower though, those things are awsome. I'll just have to use the Vulcan for my upcoming varmit build.:D

G17GUY
11-18-2007, 1:02 AM
Looks good, LMT was a great choice.

Lateralus
11-18-2007, 10:05 AM
Is that a Vulcan Carbon lower? I have one myself and have been waiting for some range reports from other shooters to build it up. Keep us posted on the results and happy shopoting.

I their defense, i have an AR built on a vulcan carbon lower, and it still works. The FFL i bought it from said one guy stress tested it in the nevada desert. It ran fine with the .50 upper and the shrike (dont know how its spelled) belt fed upper. Each one he ran what he called "plenty" of rounds through it. They may not look the best, and thin parts can crack and wear, but it works well for me.

Plus it was my first and i didnt know a stag costs $5 more.Oh well.