PDA

View Full Version : First time with the .50 Beowulf today

psssniper
11-10-2007, 9:05 PM
Shot my .50 Beowulf for the first time today. Double check everything and BLAM the rear LMT sight breaks off with the first shot!! I suppose LMT will take care of it if I ask nicely. Beowulf is a punisher of a round I don't care what anyone says. I can shoot a heck of a lot of 12ga in the course of a day but this thing started to hurt after 20 rounds (which I fired without a rear sight;)) I like it a lot and cant wait to get out again with a new rear sight and see what she can do. Anyone else have a Beowulf that breaks things?

chsk9
11-10-2007, 9:08 PM
ouch...

Poohgyrr
11-10-2007, 9:10 PM
WOW!! KEWL!!!

;)

Prc329
11-10-2007, 9:16 PM
Did you have the sight torqued down to tight? LMT is supposed to be the good stuff.

C.G.
11-10-2007, 9:37 PM
Welcome to the Beomasochism Club!:)
So far my Beo killed of a POSP scope (same thing happened to it as to your LMT), a Kobra red dot and busted the bolts on DPMS rear sight.

Install a muzzle brake, if you don't have one and a Pachmayer pad, it will make it a lot more shoulder friendly. (This is an old pic with the Kobra red dot).
http://www.sailmontereybay.com/Photos/beopimp.JPG

shootm
11-10-2007, 9:49 PM
Shot my .50 Beowulf for the first time today. Double check everything and BLAM the rear LMT sight breaks off with the first shot!! I suppose LMT will take care of it if I ask nicely. Beowulf is a punisher of a round I don't care what anyone says. I can shoot a heck of a lot of 12ga in the course of a day but this thing started to hurt after 20 rounds (which I fired without a rear sight;)) I like it a lot and cant wait to get out again with a new rear sight and see what she can do. Anyone else have a Beowulf that breaks things?

Here's mine. Never broke anything other than what I was aimiing at. :p

http://usera.imagecave.com/kiyoAR10man/BEO-PURPLE/DSC00516.JPG

thmpr
11-10-2007, 10:54 PM
I just shot 75 rounds last weekend with no issues with the recoil. I have a MB, Wolf heavy duty spring, heavy buffer and 1" rubber pad on my ACE stock. I can shoot it all day long.