PDA

View Full Version : HK USC 45ACP rifle in BLACK stock question

SFV_Dealer
11-10-2007, 6:01 AM
Does anyone use HK PRO Forum ?
Can someone tell me if the HK distributor is telling me the truth about the BLACK stocked HK USC .45 rifle as a "limited production" rifle and only 200 are being made for civilians ?

He says the Gray stocked ones are standard, but the black ones are rare. He says that some people are dying or coloring a gray one to black. Why would people do that ?
4 of these coming in for Californians:

These are the gray ones - haven't seen many of these either:

TonyM
11-10-2007, 6:40 AM
About the 200:

Yeah, that's the word I've heard, but it's 200 for this year. Apparently HK only imports certain numbers per year. Good news is, the year is about up and they will likely import 1000, or more next year as the USC has become a hit now that it's black.

About the dye job:

Yeah, many people have dyed them since the 90's when the USC was first imported. Many people in free states, and people that were smart/lucky enough to buy them before SB23 have also done UMP and SBR conversions on them as well, which are sweet.

The gray ones are everywhere, outside California. Since we just got the RaddLock, and others just got into filling stocks to make them compliant, I'm betting MANY people are like you and haven't seen many of them. Heck, when I tell most people about the USC they think I'm talking about a USP handgun and just act like "B.F.D.".

I love my USC. If you're selling them for a fair price, I might be interested in getting another. Some of the prices I've seen advertised lately are "California Adjusted" and I can't believe it. I was in Az recently and saw what they pay for them new there. I paid a little more than I should have for mine originally, but that was a 2-3 FFL supply chain.

Cheers.

ROCKETW19
11-11-2007, 8:45 AM
About the 200:

Yeah, that's the word I've heard, but it's 200 for this year. Apparently HK only imports certain numbers per year. Good news is, the year is about up and they will likely import 1000, or more next year as the USC has become a hit now that it's black.

About the dye job:

Yeah, many people have dyed them since the 90's when the USC was first imported. Many people in free states, and people that were smart/lucky enough to buy them before SB23 have also done UMP and SBR conversions on them as well, which are sweet.

The gray ones are everywhere, outside California. Since we just got the RaddLock, and others just got into filling stocks to make them compliant, I'm betting MANY people are like you and haven't seen many of them. Heck, when I tell most people about the USC they think I'm talking about a USP handgun and just act like "B.F.D.".

I love my USC. If you're selling them for a fair price, I might be interested in getting another. Some of the prices I've seen advertised lately are "California Adjusted" and I can't believe it. I was in Az recently and saw what they pay for them new there. I paid a little more than I should have for mine originally, but that was a 2-3 FFL supply chain.

Cheers.
i agree with everthing you said especialy the USC to USP part.lol