View Full Version : Intra-Familial transfer - Father in Law?

11-10-2007, 5:19 AM
Does anyone know if it's possible to do a Intra-Familial transfer to my Father in Law or do I need to transfer through an FFL?

11-10-2007, 5:24 AM
transfer it to your wife (or husband if you're a girl), she can transfer it to her father.

11-10-2007, 7:22 AM
If it's not a handgun, then you don't need to file any paperwork. Hand it to your wife, and then she can hand it to her dad.

11-10-2007, 9:01 AM
Long guns are as described. No paperwork, just give it to your wife, who then gives it to her dad.

For handguns, you would have to spend $19 to transfer it to wife and then $19 to transfer it to dad. That is $38 vs. a $35 PPT, but the handgun also must sit at a gun shop for 10 days.

I would do a PPT instead if it were me, but I would also be exempt from the 10 day wait! :D

11-10-2007, 7:22 PM
Thanks guys. Itís a handgun that I am considering transferring to him, for the difference in cost if doesnít make sense to go through the trouble of PPT.