PDA

View Full Version : Collapsible buttstocks

crazymonkey47
11-09-2007, 3:03 PM
What makes them legal to use in California?? I have a couple law enforcment buddies and they are all telling me to get a "fixed" tactical buttstock. (I like the look of the tactical thats why Im asking about it :)) Im just wondering how some of you have some on your AR's. Is there another "flaw" in the law? (in case this is old or a repeated question...I checked out the noobie link and did a search and couldnt find the answer:))

philthy209
11-09-2007, 3:06 PM
you should really do some more research on the legality of california compliant ar15's if your asking this question.:xeno:

shark92651
11-09-2007, 3:07 PM
If you use a magazine lock, like the Bullet Button or Prince50, then you can have all of the other evil features you want - such as pistol grip, collapsible stock, flash-hider, forward vertical grip, etc.... About the only other requirement is that your overall rifle length is 30" or longer and that your barrel is 16" or longer.

unimog_88
11-09-2007, 4:51 PM
Those LEO are out of date. Ask them to read laws. The Fed ban has sunset already. The Cali ban depends on configuration.

SemiAutoSam
11-09-2007, 5:11 PM
Ya really cant expect the LEO's to know the laws of the state as they are only enforcing them.:rolleyes:

Those LEO are out of date. Ask them to read laws. The Fed ban has sunset already. The Cali ban depends on configuration.

dondo
11-09-2007, 7:43 PM
you should really do some more research on the legality of california compliant ar15's if your asking this question.:xeno:

Lets help the junior members out a bit more than that. Read all the post from senior members that followed and see how helpful they were. We all were bright eyed and eager for the black gold. Now, we are bitter and salty...like Sam. I love you Sam! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!