PDA

View Full Version : which SKS would you sell if you needed?

Bounce19712
11-08-2007, 3:17 PM
I've come to that unfortunate time where I think I need to sell one of my SKSs.

I have a KBI Russain Tula '54 refurb with unmatching wood (I acquired the wood to bring it back to "original"), also with a bubba'd trigger group (trigger pull lightened, and cold blued), it's got set screw marks from receiver cover scope mount, de-parkerized on the barrel where a B-square bipod mount was, barrel looks very good. I bought it with the black folding stock, the bayonet, cleaning rod, three 30 rounder steel mags....no fixed 10 rounder...I paid 200$ with a cheapie case.

I also have a Chinese factory 636 NorincoPoly(Atl,GA) all matching, no cleaning rod, CDNN spike bayo, just as good looking of a barrel as the Tula, in very good condition. I bought it for 180$ with a choate dragunov stock, a couple of steel 30 rounders, the original 10 rounder, a 100 rounds of norinco ammo or so, for $180.

trigger on the Tula is nice...and the Norinco is ghastly

I've been trying to figure out which one I won't miss as much....I've taken them to the range last wednesday and found similar groupings with them at 50 yards....but since there is a tech sight front post on the Tula, I did shoot a tighter group ONCE with it that day...but both shot around 4"...I've got not so good eyes...I think I might want to try again with the glasses next time...

what say you??? which one would you pass on to a friend for a couple hundred? (with mags, some ammo, and bubba accessories)

ps. not fishing here in the forums...not interested in sell/shipping it/ too much time & effort for me.....just wanted your opinion. I have a friend that wants the Tula...(FTF for $250 with some ammo)

wildcard
11-08-2007, 3:22 PM
Personally.. i'd sell them both and then picks up some better rifles when funds allow. Get an AK-47 patterned rifle.

Also.. with the Tula, the folding stock + detachable mags is a no no. I assume you're trying to sell a registered AR in which case you have to jump through a few extra hoops. You'll also have to hold on to those 30 rounders. Or sell them both to your buddy if they're out in a "free-state."

Same deal with the Chinese.. stock with pistol grip + detachable mags is a no no. Couple extra hoops to jump through regarding your registered AW.

Somebody correct me if i'm wrong in case there are some exceptions or conditions i'm not seeing.

JHC
11-08-2007, 3:29 PM
I'd keep them both and sell some blood instead, a couple hundred dollars isn't going to change many things if money is that tight, now if you just have to get rid of one I guess I'd dump the Norinco

caduckgunner
11-08-2007, 3:33 PM
Personally.. i'd sell them both and then picks up some better rifles when funds allow. Get an AK-47 patterned rifle.

Also.. with the Tula, the folding stock + detachable mags is a no no. I assume you're trying to sell a registered AR in which case you have to jump through a few extra hoops. You'll also have to hold on to those 30 rounders. Or sell them both to your buddy if they're out in a "free-state."

Same deal with the Chinese.. stock with pistol grip + detachable mags is a no no. Couple extra hoops to jump through regarding your registered AW.

Somebody correct me if i'm wrong in case there are some exceptions or conditions i'm not seeing.

His locations says he is in Florida.

Bounce19712
11-08-2007, 3:33 PM
yes....I'm in the yes-yes state of Florida now :) but they still have to be 922 compliant.

but the weather sucks and Santa Barbara sure was alot more prettier

wildcard
11-08-2007, 3:37 PM
I knew there was something I was missing :o

lawnrevenge
11-08-2007, 3:52 PM
Sell the Norinco.
I'd sell both and just buy a better sks later on, or if you want detachable mags I'd buy an AK...seeing as how you moved back into free America.

But be careful! According to Seinfeld, people go to Florida to die.

AJAX22
11-08-2007, 3:53 PM
Russian Tula's are running 350 ish even bubba'd 250 is too little to sell for.

Sell the chineese for that if you have to.

Keep the russian.