PDA

View Full Version : KT PF9 LEO to PPT

gloxter
11-07-2007, 4:03 PM
Long time (reasonably so) forum member here, so I'll state the usual (BATFE) disclaimer up front: I will not participate in any illegal transaction.

That being said, for what it's worth, am I correct in assuming that I can purchase a used KelTec pistol from a LEO, specifically a PF9? And if so, is there some clause that states what constitutes "used"? Is there a time constraint involved?

He or she has had the pistol for about a month now, and is not satisfied with it, for whatever reason. As long as he/she processes the firearm to me via PPT through a FFL, it's good, correct?

I believe the pistol would fill a niche in my CCW options. My "G" is ultimately reliable, however, I'm looking for something a bit smaller, thinner, lighter, etc. Any positive feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

-gloxter

blkA4alb
11-07-2007, 4:05 PM
Yes, PPT away.

There are no time constraints on it either. The LEO could import the offlist pistol and sell it to you the next day.

Mr. Joshua
11-08-2007, 1:14 AM
You're good to go with a PPT. Enjoy the "new" to you gun. :)

thedonger
11-08-2007, 8:42 AM
After you get it please give us a review. I've been wanting to get my hands on one of the PF9's. I would really like to know how you like it.

kalibear
11-08-2007, 9:18 AM
And just to add... PPTs are exempt from the one handgun per 30 days rule.

Shoot well!

PonchoTA
11-08-2007, 6:31 PM
After you get it please give us a review. I've been wanting to get my hands on one of the PF9's. I would really like to know how you like it.
:iagree::iagree: And if he can do it again, I'd be interested in getting one also...

:D

thefinger
11-09-2007, 3:07 PM
I know the kel-tec P-3AT goes for $450-550 in CA if you can find one for ppt. Can you expect to pay the same for a pf9?

Fjold
11-09-2007, 3:31 PM
You can buy a P3AT or PF9 from any private seller on a PPT, he doesn't have to be an LEO. If an LEO buys one and sells it to person "A" on a PPT and person "A" then sells it to person "B" doing a PPT and so on, you can buy it from person "Z" and it would be legal as long as it goes through an FFL on a PPT each time.