PDA

View Full Version : Moving to CA soon

ninjamaster
11-07-2007, 3:14 PM
Just wondering what rifles to bring with me since CA has a lot of laws. I know i can't bring black guns with me but is there any I can bring like an M1 maybe? Any other recommendations would be great in order to avoid CA gun prices.

rksimple
11-07-2007, 3:25 PM
Depending on the "black gun," you may be able to bring it. What are they?

Jeffy
11-07-2007, 3:30 PM
Most if not all of your questions can probably be answered here:

http://calguns.net/a_california_arak.htm

glockman19
Biring in anyting but .50BMG. AR's must be configured proplerly, NO hi cap mags, sorry.

thedonger
Its more the Handguns that are hard to get into CA. I don't think any long guns are banned from import unless they have "Evil Features" and in that case you still can't bring them in.

No if you want to know what handguns to get before you move, just do a search their are lost of post regardign that question.

ninjamaster
11-07-2007, 3:57 PM
ok that answers that. I will concentrate on handguns then. I have an mp5 clone. thank you.

thedrickel
11-07-2007, 3:58 PM
The mp5 clone could be brought in with a fixed 10rd mag. You will have to leave your hi-caps behind unless you owned them in CA before 2000.

Buy as many non-rostered pistols as you can afford. Just don't bring any with a threaded barrel.

ZombieKiller
11-07-2007, 4:21 PM
..... Welcome to Cali !! .....

Jeffy
11-07-2007, 4:22 PM
Its more the Handguns that are hard to get into CA. I don't think any long guns are banned from import unless they have "Evil Features" and in that case you still can't bring them in.

Unless it's on the list (http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/infobuls/kaslist.pdf).

As for mags I thought that, you could break them down and store them that way then when you go out of state you can rebuild them? You just can't build them or use them, in state.

Threaded barrels could be removed prior to coming(importing) and stored as well. Then replace with a non-threaded barrel.

4 Brigada
11-07-2007, 4:37 PM
Can you avoid coming here.

ninjamaster
11-07-2007, 5:12 PM
Unless it's on the list (http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/infobuls/kaslist.pdf).

As for mags I thought that, you could break them down and store them that way then when you go out of state you can rebuild them? You just can't build them or use them, in state.

Threaded barrels could be removed prior to coming(importing) and stored as well. Then replace with a non-threaded barrel.

Now this is useful info! thanks.

jandmtv
11-07-2007, 5:56 PM
you want my advice? DONT FU@KIN COME TO KALIFONIA, BECAUSE THE GOVERNATOR WILL TAKE YOURE GUNS AWAY!!!! lol, but seriousley, if you can avoide commin here then do it.

Bucc
11-07-2007, 6:09 PM
you want my advice? DONT FU@KIN COME TO KALIFONIA, BECAUSE THE GOVERNATOR WILL TAKE YOURE GUNS AWAY!!!! lol, but seriousley, if you can avoide commin here then do it.

I left, came back...left the country twice...came back...
Once I leave here again I'll never come back.
Every time I do it is soooo much worse.
If I leave and return again it'll be worse than Soviet Russia next time...no point in coming back.

ninjamaster
11-07-2007, 7:21 PM
OK besides gun law issues there are lots of good things about CA isn't there? I have interests in cars, aviation, motorcycling, outdoor adventure, and so on. To many hobbies really.

4 Brigada
11-07-2007, 8:00 PM
Of course there are, for most of those activities PRK is a paradise. Cost of living, traffic, high taxes , saturated natural resources, HIGH energy costs, and the fact that PRK is the home to the world foremost natural disaster theme park, we got fires, smog, riots, floods, earthquakes, mud slides, nile fever mosquitos and new diseases arrive every day courtesy of undocumented aliens from around the world. Recently unemployment levels have dropped there is something good

VegasND
11-07-2007, 8:01 PM
Your desire to leave permanently is one I can really relate to. I was born in CA, left when I was 23, came back, left again, moved back, always going where work was best. Each time I moved back it was worse and I swore I'd never return again. Now my wife wants to move back to care for her parents. This time I'm digging in. I will not leave my job in NV, and I will not become a CA resident. I might consent to spending a few months a year in CA and becoming a part-time resident. I've got to check on how that works though. If anyone has info, I'd like to hear from you.

-Dean

I left, came back...left the country twice...came back...
Once I leave here again I'll never come back.
Every time I do it is soooo much worse.
If I leave and return again it'll be worse than Soviet Russia next time...no point in coming back.