PDA

View Full Version : Glad to know I'm "Safe" on campus

AJAX22
11-07-2007, 8:53 AM
I was on this exact spot talking on my cell phone 30 min prior to the robbery. The usuall lowlifes were hanging around...

Makes me feel all warm and tingely knowing that the police are looking for generic looking two black guys and a hispanic I'm certain they'll catch them this time.... last month some guy got beaten with a metal pipe and robbed on campus by two generic looking hispanic kids...

Glad to know that the whole "no weapons on campus" policy is working out so well.

http://www.smc.edu/projects/173/07-23276armedrobbery.doc

ARMED ROBBERY

Suspect #1: Male Hispanic, light complexion, 18 - 20 years, 5’07”, 140 lbs. medium build, light brown eyes, no facial hair, wearing powder blue beanie, a powder blue sweater, and grey sweat pants.

Suspect #2: Male Black, 20’s, sweat pants – unknown color and no further description.

Suspect #3: Male Black, 20’s, sweat pants – unknown color and no further description.

On 11/06/07 at approximately 1230 pm, a female Santa Monica College student was walking eastbound between Parking Structure “A” and Santa Monica Swim Center toward the Business Building when she was robbed.

The student first noticed the (3) three suspects crossing 16th Street from Foster’s Freeze restaurant when they began walking quickly towards her on 16th Street. The suspects followed her onto campus. When Suspect #1 caught up to her by the pool he stepped in front of her raising his sweater to display the black handle of an automatic handgun. Suspect #1 demanded her SideKick Cellular phone and nothing else. Suspects fled towards 16th Street out of the victims view. No vehicle seen or heard.

If you have any information regarding this case, please contact: SMCPD Detective Champagne at: (310) 434-4300 reference SMCPD DR# 07-23276 or the Santa Monica Police Department at: (310) 458-8491.

Socal858
11-07-2007, 9:00 AM
sounds like what happens at my school pretty often.

dumb *** idiot liberal public educators.

WolfMansDad
11-07-2007, 9:15 AM
When Suspect #1 caught up to her by the pool he stepped in front of her raising his sweater to display the black handle of an automatic handgun. Suspect #1 demanded her SideKick Cellular phone

And where were those fine folks who detained and searched you for a weapon during all this?

AJAX22
11-07-2007, 9:22 AM
And where were those fine folks who detained and searched you for a weapon during all this?

Typically two of them roll around campus in cars citing people for moving violations, another two are on bicycles and hang out by the campus store and the library to discourage the urban youth dressed in all red and all blue from getting too rowdy and the rest hang out in the station.

There are 'emergency buttons' everywhere so clearly we are safe and don't need an actual officer presence.

edit to add: They actually are taking care of real problems (shoplifting/fights with urban youth, horrible drivers who often don't have licences etc.) so this isn't intended as any slight on them.

The fact is that they simply cannot be everywhere at once and electronic panic buttons are a poor substitute for a legal CCW.

chico.cm
11-07-2007, 9:48 AM
I like the "automatic handgun" part the best. I didn't know that G18's were so readily available?:confused:

ar15barrels
11-07-2007, 9:56 AM
I was on this exact spot talking on my cell phone 30 min prior to the robbery. The usuall lowlifes were hanging around...

I stop at that Foster's Freeze all the time.
I doubt those guys would try to jump me though. ;)

Guys like you and I are not exactly "easy targets".

1911su16b870
11-07-2007, 10:05 AM
Dang. I love that Foster's Freeze by the SMC swim stadium. Sorry for the trauma that gal went through. Crooks know that SMC has the anti policy and take advantage of it. CA needs shall issue CCW.

megavolt121
11-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Typically two of them roll around campus in cars citing people for moving violations, another two are on bicycles and hang out by the campus store and the library to discourage the urban youth dressed in all red and all blue from getting too rowdy and the rest hang out in the station.

Would any of them happen to be an Officer Ruetz?

CSACANNONEER
11-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Well, we know the BGs don't post here. If they did, they would have been pulled out of class and searched long ago. I'm so glad that the someone else is always there to protect and serve.

Crazed_SS
11-07-2007, 4:31 PM
I like the "automatic handgun" part the best. I didn't know that G18's were so readily available?:confused:

"Automatic" handgun usually refers to what is technically a semi-automatic handgun. It's automatic in the sense that it automatically loads another cartridge.. hence the reason .45ACP = Automatic Colt Pistol.
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee298/crazed1x/1911man.jpg