View Full Version : Lasermax for a glock 27

11-06-2007, 11:41 PM
Any reviews/better ideas? I don't know alot about them and that's a chunk of change to drop on something I might not like.

11-07-2007, 8:01 AM
They work really well. I liked mine, but I had to remove it because the local sheriff doesn't allow lasers on carry weapons. It's for sale if you want one, pm me.

11-07-2007, 10:20 AM
I owned one before it worked as stated and got the "coolness factor" at the shooting range. I wouldn't use it for any kind of defense purposes though, you'd be distracted trying to look for the dot.

11-07-2007, 7:25 PM
First become very competent with your 27. If you want to use a laser for home protection, then you can install it once your competent with the gun. I would recommend Laser grips, because you can get your bearings and can locate someone in the dark, then if you're going to pull the trigger, you can get a tight grip(which will activate the laser) and you can pinpoint your shot. It also would work well if shooting from awkward positions, such a laying down, or peering around something.
I have a 27, my first pistol, and I took off the laser grips for range training. I will put them back on once I become proficient with the 27.

11-08-2007, 8:31 PM
Thanks for the advice, I've put well over 3k rounds through it in the last 2 months. Very confident/comfortable with it. I don't like the laser grips because I have very very small hands, every set I've used felt very awkward to activate.

11-09-2007, 8:37 PM
I feel the same way because i also have a small hand..but they are cool and it works well and its a good concept...it works for my friend and he loves it...

11-11-2007, 8:58 PM
I used to tell people to quit wasting time & money on junk like lasers, and then I read an article by Larry Vickers, former Delta Team Member (1st SFOD-D).

He has surprisingly positive things to say about them. As always, they aren't a panacea or magical death ray, but they are a useful tool.

Read the rest of his tips and website while you're at it....Delta Operators could definitely teach us a thing or two about shooting.