PDA

View Full Version : lower question on AR15

FluorideInMyWater
11-06-2007, 9:35 PM
i build my lower up and then connected it to my upper..........
the bolt that connects the front of the lower to the upper is overly tight and i almost need to use something to tapp it all the way thru to the other side. i'm not sure if the little detent thing......i guess properly said....the pivot pin has some resistence when going thru and maybe the detent needs extra lubing?

any suggestions on making this a bit more forgiving?

J_Rock
11-06-2007, 9:43 PM
The pivot pin SHOULD be alittle tight. You should only be concerned if the front pin does not fit together at all. Since you'll be using the rear pin more often for cleaning ect. I would leave it alone.

isitkool
11-06-2007, 9:50 PM
The pivot pin SHOULD be alittle tight. You should only be concerned if the front pin does not fit together at all. Since you'll be using the rear pin more often for cleaning ect. I would leave it alone.

What he said. You could spray a little CLP in there too. After some time it will be fine and loosen a bit from pivoting it open and close. What lower and upper do you have?

FluorideInMyWater
11-07-2007, 2:08 AM
i have a stag upper and lower.
for some reason i felt like maybe the detent was causing the problem but i'm not sure. the pivot was not going all the way in. was missing my a few mm's, but i tapped it all the way in. it has loosed a little but still does not move smoothly like the rear pivot which goes in and out, but snuggly