PDA

View Full Version : AR15 Asian Contract Magazines

NSR500
11-06-2007, 7:56 AM
Does anyone have these contract magazines from Taiwan? CDNN has 30rd ones for $7.99
Someone on Arfcom says that they are T65 Steel magazines that the Taiwan Military use. I am debating on picking these up or doing the 44mag.com 30rd special at $9.99

AR-15 .223 30rd Steel Asian Military Mag New

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/cdnn_1971_1106380

WokMaster1
11-06-2007, 8:10 AM
assuming that you are replacing yourold 30 rd mags & doing evrything within the law, I would say that at $10 each, just get one & try it out.

I for one would just get a brand new MagPul & call it a day.

Santa Cruz Armory
11-06-2007, 8:23 AM
I sent them an email to see if they would ship the mags as replacement parts unassembled. I'll report back.

But I tend to agree with the above post, unless you need to replace a bunch of mags, go for quality and just buy from CProducts.

NSR500
11-06-2007, 8:49 AM
I live 1/2 time in Texas so these would stay in TX. The high caps I've owned in California before the ban have stayed here. Everyone says it is okay to bring them back and forth as long as it is only the preban California mags, but I don't need the extra scrutiny.

moulton
11-06-2007, 10:52 AM
If its good enough for a third world countrie's military, its good enough for me

Tweak338
11-06-2007, 11:19 AM
The Taiwanese M14 magazines are just as good as the USGI ones. So i Would assume the AR mags would be the same way..

bigthaiboy
11-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Moulton wrote :
If its good enough for a third world countrie's military, its good enough for me

I would hardly call Taiwan a Third World Country!?

The IMF (International Monetry Fund) classifies Taiwan as being being in the top 31 most Advanced Economies in the world, alongside : the USA, United Kingdom, Germany, Japan, France, Hong Kong, South Korea, etc.

Sounds like you don't even know where Taiwan is....

Bizcuits
11-06-2007, 11:43 AM
, go for quality and just buy from CProducts.

does CProducts ship them as parts kits? I need to rebuild one of my broken plastic mini mags :(

SemiAutoSam
11-06-2007, 11:50 AM
I dont mean to sound picky but did it mention what country the mags were actually made in ?

Its one thing to call Chinese and Japanese individuals Asians (although I feel its a offensive grouping together) But when a company calls a product Asian made thats just too much of a generality IMHO. :rolleyes:

I bought a bunch of these to rebuild old AR mags with and am very pleased.
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/ar230stenimd.html

Does anyone have these contract magazines from Taiwan? CDNN has 30rd ones for $7.99
Someone on Arfcom says that they are T65 Steel magazines that the Taiwan Military use. I am debating on picking these up or doing the 44mag.com 30rd special at $9.99

AR-15 .223 30rd Steel Asian Military Mag New

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/cdnn_1971_1106380

FreedomIsNotFree
11-06-2007, 11:56 AM
does CProducts ship them as parts kits? I need to rebuild one of my broken plastic mini mags :(

C Products will ship you the entire mags, disassembled. Mag body, spring, follower and floor plate.

akjunkie
11-06-2007, 11:58 AM
my guess would be , the mags are from Singapore. maybe Malaysia.

NSR500
11-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Guy on the phone told me Taiwan. I researched a little and Taiwan had a rifle called the T65 which took magazines from the AR15. Guys on Arfcom also said Taiwan.

Bucc
11-06-2007, 12:38 PM
The mags CDNN sells are Taiwanese.
They are just like the M14 mags and made on old American machinery for the M16 we dropped on Taiwan after the Vietnam war.
Same deal with their M1 carbine mags.
These are not Norinco mags.
Norinco does make AR/M16 mags and I have seen them in Philippines....they are about what you would expect from Norinco.
Rough but functional I suppose to a point.
The Taiwanese were not into buying their weapons from the aggressor.
Remember the Chinese have been threatening to take Taiwan for 60 years and they are freaked.
They don't cut corners on their military gear.

Bucc
11-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Sounds about right.
We have a whole battalion of Army set up to do that to Russia.

bigthaiboy
11-06-2007, 1:31 PM
Originally the Chicoms started making copies of US weapons to use for infiltrating their troops onto Taiwan.

Still, Norinco has nothing to do with Taiwan.

The Taiwanese ROC army used the Type 65, Type 86 and Type 91 which were M16 5.56mm based rifles designed and manufactured 205th Armory, which uses the STANAG (Standardization Agreement 4179 in 1980) magazine, the same as USGI M16 magazines.

http://www.forwardsupply.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=41

moulton
11-06-2007, 3:16 PM
I would hardly call Taiwan a Third World Country!?

The IMF (International Monetry Fund) classifies Taiwan as being being in the top 31 most Advanced Economies in the world, alongside : the USA, United Kingdom, Germany, Japan, France, Hong Kong, South Korea, etc.

Sounds like you don't even know where Taiwan is....

I didnt know they were from taiwan, I heard Asian contract and assumed they were from Indonesia or some other country

jumbopanda
11-06-2007, 6:46 PM
I dont mean to sound picky but did it mention what country the mags were actually made in ?

Its one thing to call Chinese and Japanese individuals Asians (although I feel its a offensive grouping together) But when a company calls a product Asian made thats just too much of a generality IMHO. :rolleyes:

Absolutely right, since there is usually a world of difference between something made in China and something made in Japan (although I like my Chinese AK drums just fine :43:). But just out of curiosity, why is it offensive to call people Asians?

SemiAutoSam
11-06-2007, 7:04 PM
Probably for the same reason I'm offended to be called white or Caucasian.

I'm Austrian so I dont call myself white.

Well if you were Japanese and you were lumped into the same bucket with a Chinese person you might be offended. Asia is a continent not a nation right ?

Or at least that is how I see it.

If I was hawaiian I wouldnt want to be lumped in with the Tonga's or Tahitians or philipeans and be called pacific islanders.

I guess I just see it as wrong if that didn't describe it good enough.

I also dont care for Hyphens IE the two country nationality. African-American as an example.

This is a strange treatment IMHO of people that do not want to just be called Americans.

something about assimilation.

Absolutely right, since there is usually a world of difference between something made in China and something made in Japan (although I like my Chinese AK drums just fine :43:). But just out of curiosity, why is it offensive to call people Asians?

Bucc
11-06-2007, 7:09 PM
Off topic as hell but ok.
I've lived in Asia and my wife is Asian(as was her predecessor)....never met and Asian offended by being called Asian...they generally hate "Oriental" though...rugs are oriental. Not people.

SemiAutoSam
11-06-2007, 7:20 PM
But if you or your Wife were Chinese or Japanese and you were called Asian you might be offended.

What = an Asian person to you ? Can you define someone Asian ?

I guess to me and some Japanese women I know for the past 15 or so years Yes I had a Japanese girl friend in my past history.

Several friends have related to me that they found it offensive to be called a generality such as Asian when one was raised in Japan. I knew her father before he passed on as well and he detested being called Asian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_people

Off topic as hell but ok.
I've lived in Asia and my wife is Asian(as was her predecessor)....never met and Asian offended by being called Asian...they generally hate "Oriental" though...rugs are oriental. Not people.