PDA

View Full Version : getting different ak models in ca

foolthomas
11-06-2007, 2:23 AM
i've just started jumping on the ak band wagon and i've been wondering how to get different ak models in cali. there are a set group of dealers that i know of (ie. lanworld, coldwar, ddsranch) and you mainly come across the romanian makes. i know certain ak's are on the ban list here but i was wondering if anyone knows of other dealers that are ca friendly that offer higher quality ak's like arsenal, bulgarians etc. so far the vector from lan world seems like the best bet. thanks.

also, are the vectors made from romanian parts and then just cleaned up nice?

jandmtv
11-06-2007, 6:55 AM
metroshot firearms sells hungarian AKs. thats the one i have. very good quality.

Edit: check out this link to see pics of my ak http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=72614

Gator Monroe
11-06-2007, 6:58 AM
If you want one with Detachable mag and pistol grip (WASR 22 or AK98-T )Romanian AK variants in 22LR !:rolleyes: You know you will want a new plinker soon anyhoo ! 7.62x39 will get expensive when Israel sends 80 Warplanes into Iran (With Our AirRefuel help of course)

Ryan HBC
11-06-2007, 7:01 AM

The way I understand it, they use all different parts kits. Could be Polish, Romanian, Hungarian.....could be a mix. Just depends on what they have on hand. Same goes for the receivers they use.

PIRATE14
11-06-2007, 8:04 AM
i've just started jumping on the ak band wagon and i've been wondering how to get different ak models in cali. there are a set group of dealers that i know of (ie. lanworld, coldwar, ddsranch) and you mainly come across the romanian makes. i know certain ak's are on the ban list here but i was wondering if anyone knows of other dealers that are ca friendly that offer higher quality ak's like arsenal, bulgarians etc. so far the vector from lan world seems like the best bet. thanks.

There isn't any AKs that are imported so you've got the few parts kits w/ US receivers except for the WASRs.....
Arsenals are there but the SAM-7 are super hard to get.....