PDA

View Full Version : P7M8 questions

savasyn
11-06-2007, 12:39 AM
I see that the P7M8 is still on the Kali roster. I thought I heard that they stopped making them, is that true?

As they are still on the list, we can get them from other states, as would most likely be the case when using Gunbroker.com, right?

Thanks!

Quiet
11-06-2007, 3:04 AM
The H&K P-7M8 has been discontinued and no more are currently being produced.

HK USA stated they would be keeping the P-7M8 on the roster so that FFL dealers could still sell their existing stock to people in CA.

www.hk-usa.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=834

Max-the-Silent
11-06-2007, 7:06 AM
HK has "discountinued" the P7M8 more than once IIRC.

If you have the scratch, buy one. It's one of the best carry guns ever made. Don't expect long days at the range though - four mags in, the thing is hotter than an MP5 with ten mags down the pipe on a hot day.

savasyn
11-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Cool. I had one years ago but sold it. I miss the uniqueness of it from a collector standpoint. I have other guns I shoot much better with. If I find a decent deal, I'll pick one up.

JALLEN
11-06-2007, 11:08 AM
HK has "discountinued" the P7M8 more than once IIRC.

If you have the scratch, buy one. It's one of the best carry guns ever made. Don't expect long days at the range though - four mags in, the thing is hotter than an MP5 with ten mags down the pipe on a hot day.

A true fact! I was shooting mine at the range Saturday, and when it got hot, after 4-6 mags, I took one of the ranges rental guns, an XD9, and shot that a bit until the P7M8 cooled down. Either that or take gloves.

The mags are expensive and hard to find, the pistol is expensive, only 8 rounds in a mag, and it heats up fast. Other than that, it is a heck of nice gun.:rolleyes:

Despite how hot it gets, it is a cool little pistol, and more left-hander friendly than other pistols I tried.

Bronco
11-06-2007, 6:04 PM
I too am a huge fan of the P7 M8/13 series. The manual of arms takes a bit of getting used to, but once you've become familiarized, combat reloads are fast as lightning. The accuracy that you can wring out of that short barrel is unbelievable as well. And let's not forget the remarkably low bore axis.

homerm14
11-06-2007, 6:21 PM
I cary either a p7m8 or p7m13 every day. Great guns, and very accurate. It is true they do heat up very fast. I have given myself blisters from shooting them too much while training. I would suggest you get one while you can. I would also recomend looking for an older one due to some recent quality control issues. They pop up on gun broker all the time. The last 3 p7m8's I bought were in the $1000 range. Most of the older ones may have some finish wear, however they don't get to the range much due to the heating up problem. I have only seen a few that have been used a lot. By the way Matt Del Fatti makes an excelent inside the pants holster for the p7 series.

82A1CAL
11-06-2007, 10:57 PM
P7M8's are like Zombies! Hk keep killing them but they keep coming back!:D
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=71820&highlight=500

HK has "discountinued" the P7M8 more than once IIRC..