PDA

View Full Version : DANG IT! EVERYBODY HIT PROHIBITED!!!!

metalhead357
11-05-2007, 6:08 PM
Ok, Fools folly......... EVERYBODY GO AND HIT THIS AS A PROHIBITED ITEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd LOVE for Craigslist to re-allow firearms but if this aint a sting--- this is stilla Big NO and looks bad for the rest of the LEGAL gun loving community!!!!!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/bar/468808999.html

to the right- just hit prohibited!!!!!!

ETD1010
11-05-2007, 6:12 PM
what was it?

CSDGuy
11-05-2007, 6:14 PM
It has already been flagged for removal... whatever it was.

It was listed as a ".223 Bushmaster Rifle (San Jose east)"

Good riddance to the ad.

aileron
11-05-2007, 6:32 PM
good catch. :D

metalhead357
11-05-2007, 6:50 PM
It has already been flagged for removal... whatever it was.

It was listed as a ".223 Bushmaster Rifle (San Jose east)"

Good riddance to the ad.

yep. Was a bushy for TRADE for a CJ5 and/or cash...NO mention of FFL:cool:

Sam Hainn
11-05-2007, 8:52 PM
Did it have a sealed mag-well or fixed mag? that would have been fine. Or was it a standard XM15? That would not have been so fine. I assume FFL would have been expected.

RANGER295
11-05-2007, 8:55 PM
I would suspect DOJ sting.

metalhead357
11-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Did it have a sealed mag-well or fixed mag? that would have been fine. Or was it a standard XM15? That would not have been so fine. I assume FFL would have been expected.

Dont know...think it woulda said something as much...NOT just a .223 Bushmaster for trade.

Either a sting or a completly inept gun owner in Cali just not up on the laws....which IS more than possible in this ever changing and mindlessly law creating state-o-ours.

But even in that- Trying to get Craigslist to become gun friendly again is NOT going to work by posting more guns on directly against thier <mistaken, misguided> policy.

As for the FFL...you'd be surprised on what show there; and what doesn't-- I called on a pistol and asked where the guy wanted to do a transfer (this was way early in CL history when they DID allow guns) the seller asked "Why the hell ya' wanna do that? I bought it off some guy with no paperwork so I think it'd be ok") Needless to say, but will just in spite DOJ might actually be reading (as I do love my freedom) I informed him I twern't interested any longer

Sam Hainn
11-06-2007, 2:26 AM
Dont know...think it woulda said something as much...NOT just a .223 Bushmaster for trade.

Either a sting or a completly inept gun owner in Cali just not up on the laws....which IS more than possible in this ever changing and mindlessly law creating state-o-ours.

But even in that- Trying to get Craigslist to become gun friendly again is NOT going to work by posting more guns on directly against thier <mistaken, misguided> policy.

They'll never 'become' gun friendly. Craigslist is owned by Ebay. We should post guns for sale on Craigslist as many and as often as possible. I haven't, but thinking about it, why not? It's not against the law. It think it's a good idea to break their rules in protest to send a message. A Boston Criaglsit Tea Party. Dump all of our guns on Craigslist for sale. Flood their waters. It's not like Ebay or Paypal where you'll lose your account or be banned. They can't do anything to you for breaking their rules cause posting legal items for sale isn't against the law. You should note it must go through an FFL, but not informing someone in the ad is not against the law either, as long as you actually do the transfer through an FFL for guns requiring it.

What's the worse that can happen? Your post gets 'flagged'? Big whoop. They block your email address from posting? Big deal. Use a new free email address each time.

metalhead357
11-06-2007, 5:44 AM
They'll never 'become' gun friendly. Craigslist is owned by Ebay. .

last I heard it was only 40% owned by E-bay:confused:

LECTRIKHED
11-06-2007, 5:56 AM
Craigslist is actually a good company. They are not owned by ebay.

They are located out of san francisco, and are subject to higher level of scrutiny than many other businesses. If it were up to them, they would allow everything on the site.

Gryff
11-06-2007, 10:03 AM
last I heard it was only 40% owned by E-bay:confused:

Isn't that the corporate equivalent of a business being "40% owned by the Mafia"?

And yes, Ebay does own at least 25% of Craigslist.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/press/ebay.stake.html

-Jim

grammaton76
11-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Craigslist is actually a good company. They are not owned by ebay.

They are located out of san francisco, and are subject to higher level of scrutiny than many other businesses. If it were up to them, they would allow everything on the site.

Heh, that probably has something to do with their prostitution ads, eh? Never ceases to amaze me that a website with prostitution classifieds thinks legal guns are too risky...

N6ATF
11-06-2007, 4:10 PM
craigslist is anarchy.

There are so many TOU violations and laws being broken on there that they might as well have a subdivision of every law enforcement agency specifically for craigslist.

Shane916
11-06-2007, 4:34 PM
I would suspect DOJ sting.

That would be entrapment and illegal :)

metalhead357
11-06-2007, 5:46 PM
Heh, that probably has something to do with their prostitution ads, eh? Never ceases to amaze me that a website with prostitution classifieds thinks legal guns are too risky...

I've FOREVER wondered about that...and all the 420 ads:cool: and yet legal guns are the big Taboo............

But yeah I guess E-bay with Whatever percentage they're into it---is tooo much!!!!!!!

fairfaxjim
11-06-2007, 6:44 PM
Read my sig line. This isn't the first time I seen guys who just don't have a clue post illlegal firearms stuff on Craigslist. They don't know that Craigslist will pull their add. I've seen AW's, AW's with hi cap mags, handguns with hi cap mags, and a mini-14 with 30 rounders. I contacted a couple of them to warn them. One idiot asked me "you sure your'e not interested?" I just hung up.

CALI-gula
11-07-2007, 1:16 AM
metalhead357;

But yeah I guess E-bay with Whatever percentage they're into it---is tooo much!!!!!!!

Quite so. Craigslist DID allow guns for-sale ads without removal, until Ebay bought part into the company. And they were rarely "flagged" because anti-2nd-Amendment people simply did not persue them to flag them like it was a way to pass time (which seems to have become a hobby on Craigslist). Shortly thereafter, many of Ebay rules and prohibitions became Craigslist rules. I do recall seeing legal ads noting "for sale through FFL" no different than you might see here on Calguns, for everything from Glocks to classic C&R items.

I don't think Craigslist is all that wonderful of a company any more than Ebay or Paypal - they just have a different construct which for now, allows a lot more flexibility (because in most cases, there is no account to cancel).

RANGER295
11-07-2007, 8:10 AM
That would be entrapment and illegal :)

And your point is? You actually trust those guys?

Grouch
11-07-2007, 2:09 PM
Whats funny is that craiglist actively supports hookers and gay orgies but not the legal sale of guns.

chickenfried
11-07-2007, 2:38 PM
Did any of you really go stick your bodily appendages in the guy's mashed potatoes? How'd you know the person intended to complete the transaction without an ffl? Case of MYOB in my book.

Better turn this guy in no mention of ffl in his ad. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=74463

edsel6502
11-07-2007, 2:41 PM
Whats funny is that craiglist actively supports hookers and gay orgies but not the legal sale of guns.

2 out of 3 ain't bad..

:)

metalhead357
11-07-2007, 5:53 PM
Did any of you really go stick your bodily appendages in the guy's mashed potatoes? How'd you know the person intended to complete the transaction without an ffl? Case of MYOB in my book.

Better turn this guy in no mention of ffl in his ad. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=74463

CF-- dude you missed BOTH points entirely; the BIGGER of the two is that a bushy is a NO NO (sure argue Carbon 15......) but it did NOT say that. The second was that it was for TRADE.

Sound like you dont do much on craigslist; the place is unfortunately FILLED with doofus (Doofi? Plural:p). As I and another pointed out that even when it was OK to have guns on the board you still had mostly tards there.

In the word's of Bacon; All it takes for evil to prosper in this world if for good ment to do nothing.....

So maybe it was a legal gun and a legal transaction....still aint ok with the site's <goofy> rules. It makes all...ALL gun owners look like clowns when one gun owner makes himself as an *** on "public time".

just my 0.02