PDA

View Full Version : ...

DedEye
11-05-2007, 12:39 AM

FreedomIsNotFree
11-05-2007, 1:00 AM
Thats not a tripod....its a shooting stand. They are not attached to one another.

That said, the LaRue Tactical Stealth Sniper System LT011 is one bad azz upper. I may get one.

jumbopanda
11-05-2007, 9:43 AM
Hmm, isn't a gun with a barrel of 16" or more and no stock supposed to be a "non-rifle long gun" or something like that? I think I heard it somewhere before.

bwiese
11-05-2007, 9:46 AM
Hmm, isn't a gun with a barrel of 16" or more and no stock supposed to be a "non-rifle long gun" or something like that? I think I heard it somewhere before.

Yup. Still looking into all the minute details - right now this is "for legal defense purposes only".

Irrelevant here, as the photo is just a nice upper on a separate sandbag rest.

bwiese
11-05-2007, 1:26 PM
Ah, wasn't looking close enough at the picture :o.

Modifying the question then, if you had a non-rifle AR long gun on a tripod with no stock, could it have evil features?

Yes, but don't use this as a recommendation *yet*. Still a bit of detail to explore before garnering "let's do it" status - right now certainly very valid workable defense. Need to investigate receiver status at time of transfer issues etc.

But I'd say a spade grip AR on tripod using spade grips/trigger link could have FH, DM, etc.

RANGER295
11-05-2007, 8:11 PM
Currently there are spade grip kits for an AR that look like this http://www.mainemilitary.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=&idproduct=1284. As far as I am concerned, that is still very grey. I have been toying with and tinkering on a similar idea. My idea is a set of spade grips that attach where the pistol grip would normally attach. I still have not gotten it to a point that I am satisfied.

jumbopanda
11-06-2007, 1:54 AM
Yes, but don't use this as a recommendation *yet*. Still a bit of detail to explore before garnering "let's do it" status - right now certainly very valid workable defense. Need to investigate receiver status at time of transfer issues etc.

But I'd say a spade grip AR on tripod using spade grips/trigger link could have FH, DM, etc.

Ah I love this idea. Sacrifice the stock and you can have evil features and detachable mags; sounds like the perfect hip-spraying weapon of death does it not? :43:

grammaton76
11-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Ah I love this idea. Sacrifice the stock and you can have evil features and detachable mags; sounds like the perfect hip-spraying weapon of death does it not? :43:

At least the pistol grip will mean you don't have to reload while you're doing so.