PDA

View Full Version : Buying a handgun on consignment considered a PPT?

Roo
11-04-2007, 2:40 PM
I already purchased a new handgun in the last 30 days so I can't purchase a new one but can I buy a handgun on consignment? Do they treat that as a PPT?

savasyn
11-04-2007, 2:52 PM
Only if you are in LA CITY. Outside of that, unless you are in another city with stupid rules, you'll be ok. That's for regular PPT.

Actually, I suppose it also depends on whether they consider consignment a PPT or new sale. You'd have to ask the gun shop how they treat consignments there.

Gunaria
11-05-2007, 6:03 PM
When I bought a CZ-52 on (or off) consignment, the DROS said PPT in the type of transfer.

ty423
11-05-2007, 6:50 PM
I originally bought a consignment Sig 239 9mm from Turner's a few weeks back but decide not to buy it. I couldn't start DROS till end of Nov so over a week I thought about it and decided I didn't want it or need it. Also they added tax on top of the price of the gun which drove up the price considerably. They said if I cancel I would have to pay around $30 in fees unless I roll it over...which I did and bought a different new gun for around the same price....I ended up maybe paying about $15 more.

Anyways I figured since they added tax they treated it as if I bought the gun from the shop and not ppt. I think if you buy anything from a FFL dealer then they consider it new. I'm not sure though...Call Turners and see what they say.

scoutpup99
11-05-2007, 7:41 PM
Consignments are usually treated as PPT. The dealer is not the seller on consignment sales. to be a consignment sale the actual seller must be a CA resident.

Daniel
Pennington Firearms