PDA

View Full Version : FFL to FFL of Hk USP non-rostered stainless pistol

The SoCal Gunner
11-04-2007, 3:13 AM
So I noticed that no USPf stainless models are on the list anymore which would mean no shipping of these guns from FFL to FFL. BUT, since the frame is exactly the same as non-stainless models, couldn't someone just ship them in with the slide detached? Of course the person could send the slide straight to buyer since the frame is the firearm but it should be essentially the same if the frame and slide were received separated by the FFL. The frame can be said to be a regular non-stainless USPf but the slide is separate from the Hk USPf stainless frame so it should by law legal no?

tenpercentfirearms
11-04-2007, 7:53 AM
I am fairly certain it needs to be the listed gun or you can't DROS it. The handguns are approved as complete firearms, not frames only. Sorry.

mk19
11-04-2007, 9:15 AM
the only way is FTF , +1 ^^^^

bwiese
11-04-2007, 12:02 PM
So I noticed that no USPf stainless models are on the list anymore which would mean no shipping of these guns from FFL to FFL. .... since the frame is exactly the same as non-stainless models, couldn't someone just ship them in with the slide detached? Of course the person could send the slide straight to buyer since the frame is the firearm but it should be essentially the same if the frame and slide were received separated by the FFL. The frame can be said to be a regular non-stainless USPf but the slide is separate from the Hk USPf stainless frame so it should by law legal no?

If it's an ordinary FFL to FFL sale and the gun is either incomplete or non-Rostered, you can't buy it. Frames of handguns, even though identical to the major portion of a complete Rostered handgun, cannot be transferred/sold as a regular FFL sale. Handguns must be sold/transferred in their complete, unmodified operational state and a frame simply doesn't count as that. A frame itself can never be Rostered or considered as Rostered, even if a related gun uses that identical frame, since the frame can't pass the mandated drop safety/operational tests required for Rostered guns to be certified.

Such non-Rostered handguns can only be transferred between Californians via "PPT" (private party transfer). There is a way to do a dual-FFL PPT in CA: it's called a 'gun show transaction', and the seller has to be a Californian, supply ID, etc. This is not a problem and DOJ even has offered guidance.

The only legal way to get a non-Rostered pistol in CA outside of PPT methods would be to make it an exempt handgun by affixing, before importation to CA, a 22Short conversion kit with ultra-stiff recoil spring and no feedramp, a 6" min bbl length with barrel long enough to make overall length 10.5" measured parallel to the barrel.

ETD1010
11-04-2007, 12:15 PM
son of a crap.. when did they take the stainless models off the list?? I was gonna get one for my wife, who's wanted a compact 9mm stainless for a while now.. CURSES! Now I have to find a person who wants to sell it to me directly (PPT)... grrr! :confused::mad::confused::mad:

The SoCal Gunner
11-04-2007, 12:23 PM
son of a crap.. when did they take the stainless models off the list?? I was gonna get one for my wife, who's wanted a compact 9mm stainless for a while now.. CURSES! Now I have to find a person who wants to sell it to me directly (PPT)... grrr! :confused::mad::confused::mad:

The compact stainless models are still on the list just not the fullsize models.

Thanks for the info guys, it all makes sense in a state where the laws don't make sense.

ETD1010
11-04-2007, 1:12 PM
The compact stainless models are still on the list just not the fullsize models.

Thanks for the info guys, it all makes sense in a state where the laws don't make sense.

oh.. well.. that's BETTER, but it's still crap :mad: