PDA

View Full Version : Springfield TRP question

thatsteveguy
11-03-2007, 7:13 PM
I have the opportunity to purchase a LNIB stainless TRP (no rail) from out of state. The S/A model number is; PC9107LP. When I checked the DOJ approved list, I noted it said PC9107L. I checked the "dropped list" and didn't see anything. I've read in earlier threads that S/A said the "P" suffix was added just to indicate that the gun came with a holster package. Can anyone tell me if this is legal to bring in?

mike452
11-03-2007, 10:28 PM
Sorry man! No it is not. It does not have a holster package either.
Check your IM...

Dang.. Yours do have holster. My TRP op has a plastic box without foam. :confused:

http://san1.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/084174000/84174199/pix155401781.jpg

sholling
11-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Per a conversation that I had with S&W they are the same pistol and the P at the end denotes that it's a promotional package with an extra magazine. I have not been able to to confirm that with anyone else. I'd be interested if anybody could fill in the details.

1911 in 916
11-04-2007, 12:24 AM
The P is for a package. It has a holster and a mag holder. I was able to bring my 1911 in. On the gun, the model number doesn't have the P.

slick_711
11-04-2007, 1:23 AM
You're good, buy away.

tankerman
11-04-2007, 4:56 AM
Per a conversation that I had with S&W they are the same pistol and the P at the end denotes that it's a promotional package with an extra magazine. I have not been able to to confirm that with anyone else. I'd be interested if anybody could fill in the details.

You called S&W to ask about a Springfield?

slick_711
11-04-2007, 10:04 AM
The SA TRP Stainless (PC9107L (synonymous with PC9107LP) is on the approved list and is available for sale/import into CA. If you're lookin at one that's a good deal, by all means pick it up, they are outstanding pistols. Ignore anyone else who doesn't know WTF they're talking about. :rolleyes:

thatsteveguy
11-04-2007, 10:23 AM
Thanks everyone! I'm feeling a lot more comfortable now. I'll let the seller know to send it. I just won it on GB and it comes with some additional features the previous owner installed, Smith/A one piece flat SS magwell MSH, 1 piece FLGR, extended slide stop, extended mag release, custom grips and finally a non-ambi safety. He's including all the original parts with the pistol. I snagged this for $930 shipped + 72.00 for my dealer and DROS fee...did I do good?

Kruzr
11-04-2007, 10:35 AM
Since it's an out of state gun and not a PPT, how good a deal will depend on how much you have to pay the FFL's to ship, receive, and transfer the gun on top of the price and your DROS cost.

DrjonesUSA
11-07-2007, 1:57 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm feeling a lot more comfortable now. I'll let the seller know to send it. I just won it on GB and it comes with some additional features the previous owner installed, Smith/A one piece flat SS magwell MSH, 1 piece FLGR, extended slide stop, extended mag release, custom grips and finally a non-ambi safety. He's including all the original parts with the pistol. I snagged this for $930 shipped + 72.00 for my dealer and DROS fee...did I do good?

The S&A magwell is superb and worth around $100 on its own.
Get rid of the FLGR, they are unnecessary.
The extended slide stop should also go - nobody serious uses them; look at any and all high-end, customized fighting pistols - you'll see one painted pink before you'll see one with an extended slide stop.

Extended Mag release isn't that big a deal, but again, none of the high-end, customized fighting pistols have them. It's more of a competition thing, but shouldn't be problematic unless you find it snags or you bump it inadvertently.

I personally think that all 1911s SHOULD have ambi safeties - what if your right hand is injured or otherwise rendered inoperable during a fight?

Otherwise, depending on how many rounds have been through the gun, you got it for a pretty damned great deal.

Congrats and post pictures!!!

slick_711
11-07-2007, 2:05 PM
The S&A magwell is superb and worth around $100 on its own.
Get rid of the FLGR, they are unnecessary.
The extended slide stop should also go - nobody serious uses them; look at any and all high-end, customized fighting pistols - you'll see one painted pink before you'll see one with an extended slide stop.

Extended Mag release isn't that big a deal, but again, none of the high-end, customized fighting pistols have them. It's more of a competition thing, but shouldn't be problematic unless you find it snags or you bump it inadvertently.

I personally think that all 1911s SHOULD have ambi safeties - what if your right hand is injured or otherwise rendered inoperable during a fight?

Otherwise, depending on how many rounds have been through the gun, you got it for a pretty damned great deal.

Congrats and post pictures!!!

I agree with this 100%. Shoot it though and see how you like the changes the previous owner made before you change things back just to make us happy. :cool: It is after all your gun; you may like the extended parts. Remove the FLGR though, it's worthless and makes fieldstripping your pistol a little more difficult if you're new to 1911s. Does sound like a good deal $wise as long as you find an FFL to receive it without raping you.

thatsteveguy
11-07-2007, 2:13 PM
The owner said there were two mags shot thru it, had to sell because of medical bills (that's always a sad aspect of life). Here's three photos;
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e197/burgherdude/Firearms/Springfield%20TRP/pix74673250.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e197/burgherdude/Firearms/Springfield%20TRP/pix74673312.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e197/burgherdude/Firearms/Springfield%20TRP/pix74673343.jpg

slick_711
11-07-2007, 4:07 PM
From the barrel wear (or lackthereof) it looks to be in very good shape and have been shot very little. If you get yourself a cheap receiving service you got an excellent deal indeed. Awesome pistols, I'm sure you'll be very pleased with it. Those original grips are worthless though, please send them to me and I'll properly dispose of them on my Springer. :cool:

cobra198
11-07-2007, 6:45 PM
God I am jealous.... Such a sexy lookin firearm. Am I imagining it, or did I see that on gunbroker :cool2:

thatsteveguy
11-07-2007, 6:58 PM
Your not imagining it, you DID see it on GB. It was a short 3 day auction.