PDA

View Full Version : CDNN Now Selling Some Pistols to PRK? New Catalog Arrives

Forever-A-Soldier
11-03-2007, 3:22 PM
Just got my CDNN catalog in the mail and it looks like they are selling some (not many) pistols now to California residents. Several of the "ads" have a California state map and "O K" on it. Example is the Steyr MA1 on page 9 for $349.99. Hmmmm maybe there is hope for this company.

F.A.S. Out

metalhead357
11-03-2007, 3:47 PM
Somewhat old news by about 2, maybe 3 months...but I still have not seen any posters here claiming they bought one from there yet.

Reminded me I gotta TRY though;)

paradox
11-03-2007, 5:34 PM
Well let me step up and be the first then.

I bought, and had successfully delivered, a Steyr M40-A1 pistol and 6 total mags for $433 shipped.

They were very nice and helpful, but the whole process was a bit more complicated than it needed to be. Most out of state FFLs only require a fax of the receiving FFL’s license. Unfortunately CDNN called the CA-DOJ and actually listened to them. Going by said advice, in addition to the FFL they also required a fax of my dealer’s DOJ letter. Since no one else has ever required that, my dealer had to dig through her paperwork pile and only came up with an older copy. That copy stated that the local city’s license had expired by the date of my order. So then I had to get her to fax her local license. Too much extra leg work IMHO, but my FFL put up with it. She said it was only because she likes me and would’ve sent anyone else across town to the other dealer. In other words your milage may vary....

The good news is that locals can get the bomb CDNN deals delivered to the Sportsman without the hassle I went through ;)

paradox
11-03-2007, 7:10 PM
I should add that many moons ago, I bought some mags and accessories from CDNN without incident. After that, I learned from the calguns grapevine that CDNN was dicking around other Californians by not shipping even long guns our way. So I put them on my blacklist.

Then they changed their tune a few months ago and I gave them another chance. I believe that if you are one to use boycotts to change the behavior of companies, you should also be ready to send some cash their way if they actually do change. I am pleased with their new enlightened behavior. I will spend gun fund dollars at CDNN in the future.

Rumpled
11-04-2007, 1:46 AM
Hmmmm, put all my previous CDNN bashes on suspension.
I'll have to go check it out. I still get their weekly emails, but delet 'cuz they wouldn't sell me a Glock.
If Ade jumps thru their hoops, I could find a credit card in trouble.

metalhead357
11-04-2007, 1:10 AM
Hmmmm, put all my previous CDNN bashes on suspension.
I'll have to go check it out. I still get their weekly emails, but delet 'cuz they wouldn't sell me a Glock.
If Ade jumps thru their hoops, I could find a credit card in trouble.

LOL!! you're not the only one. ALLLLLL I heard was bad, but signed up for thier catalogue years ago...usually ws just a browser; then one day I needed mags-- they did have the best deal, took my chances and no problems with that. The gun issue though I ran into when I called a couiple FFL's I know and they all said the same thing....99% of thier guns they wont ship to cali.

But the tides they are a turning!!!!!!!!!!!

morepoop4u
11-04-2007, 12:56 PM
how much do they charge for shipping handguns

paradox
11-04-2007, 1:19 PM
how much do they charge for shipping handguns

Flat rate of twenty-five dollars. You can add up to six mags total without raising the shipping rate (ie if 2 mags come with the gun, you can order another four mags and stay at the $25 shipping cost).

dwtt
11-04-2007, 2:24 PM
If I were ordering a handgun from CDNN, I would just have Lanworld or another out of state FFL do the transfer to avoid all the hassles and being made to feel like a child molester or some other type of low life by CDNN. That's how I bought a Walther P99 from CDNN before they started this "California OK" nonsense in their catalog. Of course, it'll cost about $50 more to do it this way, but it's worth avoiding the hassles.

Teletiger7
11-04-2007, 6:53 PM
Glad to hear their finally coming around. But, I wonder how they pick what is "Cali OK", since plenty of guns that are on the DOJ website list they wont sell to us(i.e. Glocks).

Stormfeather
11-05-2007, 4:22 AM
Glad to hear their finally coming around. But, I wonder how they pick what is "Cali OK", since plenty of guns that are on the DOJ website list they wont sell to us(i.e. Glocks).

Alot of times they wont sell the glocks because they come from factory with hi-cap mags. Being as how they are illegal in PRK, its not worth their time, energy, or effort to break the seals on the guns, and replace mags with 10 rd'ers. I can see that being an issue the first time a FFL accepts and accidentally sells hi-caps to a customer. Its been known to happen!

MrBurns
11-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Has CDNN changed their tune regarding ammo? They had some 7.62x54R a couple of months ago. I called and asked, but they would not ship to Los Angeles - maybe to other counties in CA, but not LA County.

metalhead357
11-05-2007, 5:40 PM
Has CDNN changed their tune regarding ammo? They had some 7.62x54R a couple of months ago. I called and asked, but they would not ship to Los Angeles - maybe to other counties in CA, but not LA County.

Now THAt would be interesting to know...I know a lot have run into that...but truth be told- they might actually be FOLLOWING the law on that one; LA does have some wacky rules and CDNN aint the only place that wont ship there........

Gnote
11-05-2007, 8:05 PM
If I were ordering a handgun from CDNN, I would just have Lanworld or another out of state FFL do the transfer to avoid all the hassles and being made to feel like a child molester or some other type of low life by CDNN. That's how I bought a Walther P99 from CDNN before they started this "California OK" nonsense in their catalog. Of course, it'll cost about $50 more to do it this way, but it's worth avoiding the hassles.

I wish I knew about this back then. That is a great idea. The P99 that CDNN had were a deal. In retrospect, I should have bought one from anywhere. The original P99 are impossible to find now. I think Earl has them still but the price is too much for me.

Lagsux
11-06-2007, 9:54 AM
So how would purchasing through Lanworld assist with matters? Would we be able to purchase the PTRs from them and have the BB installed? They have some insane prices on the PTRs right now.

Sniper3142
11-06-2007, 1:02 PM
I just ordered and picked up a HK USP Compact 45ACP. I had it shipped to a local FFL and there was no problem on either end.