PDA

View Full Version : Dummb question about Chabot...

mxndrnks
11-03-2007, 9:51 AM
I am thinking about taking the wife there today to teach her to shoot. I have never been there. I have read up on there range commands and proceedures.... But here is the dumb question.... how do you pin up your targets there? Do you need to bring tape, staples, pins, or if you have the sticker type of targets do you just stick those up? 90 % of the ranges I have been to were either indoor or military ranges.... other than that I just shoot in the woods...

I know it is a dumb question.... but having never been there I just wanted to make sure I do things right... Thanks guys!

chickenfried
11-03-2007, 9:59 AM
When you pay the range fee they give you a choice of two targets, small or big black center. They're pasted onto cardboard backers. The cardboard backer fits into slots in the wooden target frames.

Extra Targets are .50 each. Or you could bring your own to staple/tape onto the cardboard backer.

mxndrnks
11-03-2007, 10:01 AM
When you pay the range fee they give you a choice of two targets, small or big black center. They're pasted onto cardboard backers. The cardboard backer fits into slots in the wooden target frames.

Extra Targets are .50 each. Or you could bring your own to staple/tape onto the cardboard backer.

hey! Thanks for the quick response!

ch47gunner
11-03-2007, 11:19 PM
Roll of 1" masking tape is a permanent addition to my range box. Staple gun would be 2nd - but staples run-out.

Bruce

chickenfried
11-03-2007, 11:51 PM
So do rolls of masking tape:p:p
Roll of 1" masking tape is a permanent addition to my range box. Staple gun would be 2nd - but staples run-out.

Bruce

berg
11-10-2007, 12:26 PM
I always think of their target hanging system as a bit of an IQ test. Some people try to slide the entire cardboard in from the top, which is awkward and slow. The elevated thinkers realize you can slide them in the the bottom and then drop them into the lower slot.

The real low IQ'ers purposely shoot up the wood for gits and shiggles. That really peeves the RSO.

Skillsaw
11-21-2007, 4:01 PM
Another thing you can get at Chabot are target centers at 10 for $1. these can be taped over the black part of the target to give you a fresh target, if many of your rounds aren't in the black they won't help you much. I make liberal use of masking tape on my targets.

rivviepop
11-21-2007, 6:16 PM
I use those 1" orange or black/green sticker-dots and place them in a '5' pattern like on the side of dice; it also adds variety to the shooting for fun besides getting the most use out of my target.