PDA

View Full Version : Help me understand please....

Adog5
11-02-2007, 10:11 PM
I have a problem with this thread about owning a Kel-Tec Pistol: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=74008

Basically, if you are moving into CA, you can bring as many off-list handguns into CA right? You can even bring AR15 pistols (with bullet button installed)?

Then you can PPT them to anyone in CA.

So if I want a pistol that is off list of CA DOJ approved handgun list, I just need someone how's moving back to CA (changing residence) to bring one back from me?

So here's my 2 questions:

#1 - Can you just keep establishing residency in different states and keep bringing in these type of firearms? and PPT them?

#2 - Has anyone bought a firearm from a PPT that was off-list of CA approved handguns? Or in the case mentioned above?

Librarian
11-02-2007, 10:21 PM
So here's my 2 questions:

#1 - Can you just keep establishing residency in different states and keep bringing in these type of firearms? and PPT them?

#2 - Has anyone bought a firearm from a PPT that was off-list of CA approved handguns? Or in the case mentioned above?As to #1, I suspect even the DOJ would eventually notice and investigate; if proven, likely that would establish being 'in the business' without the FFL. Not a plan I would endorse.

2? What is it you want to know? Like,

is it really legal? (Yes).
Can you really get C&R pistols? (Yes).

Is there something important about knowing that it has happened?