View Full Version : looking for a springer 1911

11-01-2007, 11:33 AM
after finally freeing up some funds, i am ready to finally get my first 1911. since then, ive tried calling a dozen stores around the la area for a N.I.B. springfield 1911 loaded 5" fullsize SS in .45acp, with no luck. the only responses ive gotten are nope we dont carry or it'll take a looooong time to receive one in. so i was wondering if any fellow calgunners knew of one in the la area. thanks in advance

11-01-2007, 11:34 AM
i saw one at firepower in monterey park dont remmeber if it was SS but i think it was...

11-01-2007, 11:45 AM
try Ade's in Orange, he has a nice selection of 1911s

11-01-2007, 12:27 PM
About a year ago I was looking for a full-size Springfield Loaded in stainless. I asked Turner's if they could order one for me and was told that the odds of it ever coming in were slim to none. I then decided to order one through Davidsons, but after waiting 4 months and no news from Springfield to my FFL about it, I canceled the order and bought a stainless Mil Spec model from budsgunshop.com. It arrived less than a week later. It seems the stainless Loaded models are just really hard to come by. Best of luck!

11-01-2007, 12:35 PM
Yesterday at Turner's in Fountain Valley they looked one up...they looked it up on the warehouse list and they had a stainlee one only...they don't have the blued one or carry it anymore or something.