PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone in Socal stock the CZ SP-01?

keeleon
10-31-2007, 7:00 PM
I am looking for someone that carries the SP-01. All of the dealers my local gun store (Victorville) goes through, only have the 19 rd models in stock. I just checked Turner's website and apperently they have 1 in the Orange store for a really *****in price. I called the store, but the guy didn't even seem to know what I was talking about. I then called the San Bernardino store, and he confirmed that they should have one. Can anyone in the Orange area, stop in and let me know if they still have one? Or can anyone tell me a store that has one in stock. Turner's said they can order one, but I want to have it by Thanksgiving for a shoot, and I don't want it to get "backordered".

thedonger
10-31-2007, 7:41 PM
I got mine at Ade's. He can order you one if he does not have one in stock.

grywlfbg
10-31-2007, 8:17 PM
Talk to Angus at ghostholster.com. He's in AZ but has SP01's in stock (at least he did when I bought one this Spring). He'll swap out the 18rd mags for 10-rounders prior to shipping.

leelaw
10-31-2007, 9:11 PM
Additionally, make sure that you get the SP-01 (thumb safety), not the SP-01 Tactical (decocker). The latter is not on the approved list, and they are mechanically different and therefore not covered under the same listing. I've heard of some dealers, norcal and socal, who have let loose some of the Tacticals which were DROSed as SP-01 standard.

GTKrockeTT
10-31-2007, 9:30 PM
Picked up a NIB from the Turner's in Pasadena earlier this year (Jan) for about $600 OTD.

rivviepop
11-01-2007, 9:08 AM
Additionally, make sure that you get the SP-01 (thumb safety), not the SP-01 Tactical (decocker). The latter is not on the approved list, and they are mechanically different and therefore not covered under the same listing. I've heard of some dealers, norcal and socal, who have let loose some of the Tacticals which were DROSed as SP-01 standard.

What happens if a FFL DROS's a SP-01-T as an SP-01 (or 75-TS)? are you in a hazy grey area where you'd have to return the pistol? Will the DoJ come knocking at your door and demand it back? Will the FFL get in trouble if they're audited and come looking for the pistol back to please the DoJ?

(asking seriously, wish to know for my own education)

leelaw
11-01-2007, 2:25 PM
What happens if a FFL DROS's a SP-01-T as an SP-01 (or 75-TS)? are you in a hazy grey area where you'd have to return the pistol? Will the DoJ come knocking at your door and demand it back? Will the FFL get in trouble if they're audited and come looking for the pistol back to please the DoJ?

(asking seriously, wish to know for my own education)

The dealer broke the law and delivered an unlisted pistol to a buyer. If caught, it'll probably end with a slap on the wrist up to shutting down the store and fines.

I don't know if DOJ can come after you, unless you were a knowing participant in said illegal transfer and conspired to do it.. Maybe they could invalidate the DROS and in turn make it an unregistered handgun? I don't know anything beyond that the dealer can get in trouble, so the last bit is speculation and I have nothing to base it on.