PDA

View Full Version : The Family Photo

NeoWeird
10-30-2007, 6:17 PM
My family as of today:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b354/NeoWeird/thefamily.jpg

Alphabetically:

Beretta 84 (pre-f) .380 Italian made and proofed.
Colt Combat Commander Series 70 9mm.
Glock 22 3rd Generation with factory night sights 40S&W.
Sig P6/225 plain-jane German Police trade in 9mm.
Sig Sauer Mosquito 22LR.
Smith & Wesson 59 9mm.
Smith & Wesson 411 40S&W,
Smith & Wesson 469 9mm.
Springfield Armory Mil-spec .45 ACP (first handgun).
Walther P22 with factory LAD 22LR.
Walther P22 22LR.

The newly acquired (today) are the S&W 411 and 4690 and the second Walther. I got bit by the S&W semi-auto bug and I want them all now.

ETA: Forgot the Springer! For shame. PS. this is a show off thread, so show me up!

CalGunZ
11-02-2007, 6:34 PM
seem like you got you a big family, planning to have more kids soon? :p

11-02-2007, 7:00 PM
I like how the ones with external hammers are cocked!! Looks like they are ready to take care of some business! Seriously, nice collection Neo.

NeoWeird
11-02-2007, 10:34 PM
seem like you got you a big family, planning to have more kids soon? :p

ASAP. Of course as soon as possible is a ways off seeing as with the wife in law school we get to eek by on about $20 a week. I traded a, pretty much complete, AR and an AK receiver to get my last three pistols. Of course I am having a hankering for a new Ruger 10/22 so I amdebating taking down one of my pre-existing 10/22s and selling off /trading the upgraded parts to get the parts I want/need, saving up for a LONG time, or just building one from scratch rom part scraps at work (most likely the case).

I like how the ones with external hammers are cocked!! Looks like they are ready to take care of some business! Seriously, nice collection Neo.

The funny thing was I unloaded four of them to take the picture, then I loaded them again just to realize how stupid that was. Still, there is something different about taking pictures of a loaded gun and keeping it somewhere 'safe' for when you need it. Maybe the fact that your brain can not absolutely follow which guns are loaded vs unloaded and which ones are chambered vx unchambered and which ones are loaded and chambered etc. Better to just make them ALL one way and revert the defensive ones back to defensive mode afterwards.

I know someone will ask so I keep the Glock on bed duty (the night sites make it the ideal choice for night time prowls), the Springfield when I stray away from the house, the Sig for around the house, and sometimes I will throw in a Smith and Wesson (I actually took the 411 to my parent's house for my brothers birthday - in case you haven't heard my ENTIRE family is anti-gun so it made for some good conversations; my sister has decided to not bring her kids around me...when she has them :rolleyes:).

Come on, show off your families. Who cares if they are small or large; I just wanted to see the 'flavor' people have. It's quite obvious I like the military look when it comes to rifles and the semi-autos when it comes to handguns. I was tired of seeing just "Type X Photo thread" and wanted to see how many people were like me, and how many people dabble in everything, etc. Show off everything you got.

Come on, make me jealous!

Mize
11-03-2007, 12:03 PM
My dad has a model 59. Nice gun, but a pain to maintain.

USN CHIEF
12-07-2007, 5:20 PM
Here is my family photo...

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii260/USNMAC/100_1697.jpg