PDA

View Full Version : RUSSIAN MAKAROV HIGH CAP .380

dondo
10-30-2007, 1:23 PM
I just walked into Grant Boys to eat some time and I saw a consignment Russian Makarov HIGH CAP (without a mag) in .380 acp. $70.00. The thing is in amazing shape. It looks almost brand new...which isnt going to win any beauty contests but jesus....$70.00..I can't even fill my truck up wth gas for that amount. Anyone know where I can get 10rd mags for it? Or is this why its 70.00 hhahahahaha. I figure it will make a great extra backpack plinker. Any thoughts?

JawBone
10-30-2007, 1:30 PM
I have no personal experience, but:

Will 8-round magazines fit into the high-capacity Makarov?

Yes, they will fit and function. They may be loose at the base, but our experience is that they work flawlessly. Since many 10-round magazines are bad at feeding well, we have an extended magazine floorplate (see also the accessories page) for the 8-round magazines that will keep it from flopping around so much in the high-capacity Makarov and make it easier to remove.

from Makarov.com

http://www.makarov.com/makfaq.html

railroader
10-30-2007, 2:49 PM
I have some factory double stack mags If you are interested. I also have a pearce grip available too. You can use the single stack mags too. They don't fit perfect but they will work. Now go get that pistol, I see people selling them for about $300. Mark

dondo
10-30-2007, 4:55 PM
I have some factory double stack mags If you are interested. I also have a pearce grip available too. You can use the single stack mags too. They don't fit perfect but they will work. Now go get that pistol, I see people selling them for about $300. Mark

PM sent on those mags and thanks for the info!

Moonclip
11-02-2007, 4:15 PM
Did you end up getting it? Turners sometimes used to have the 10rd mags for these like as recently as 1-2 years ago. I would have bought it even with the 8rd magazines. I have this version in 9x18.

dondo
11-02-2007, 4:23 PM
Oh I bought it right when I there. As soon as I checked it out and the guy ssaid 70.00 I snatched it up. I cant DROS it till the 26th but pocket change for a great little pistol.

maxicon
11-02-2007, 5:35 PM
Excellent gun, excellent price! I'd love to have a double-stack in .380.

The 10 round mags are readily available - I see them at the gun shows all the time. The same mags work in the .380 and the 9x18mm.

dondo
11-02-2007, 6:09 PM
Thanks for the info Maxicon and I will post some pics when I bring it home.

Maddog5150
11-02-2007, 10:55 PM
I THINK my old store had a ton in stock but we might of shipped them off to places unknown since they didnt exactly sell. If you call there and ask no one will know what your talking about since they have been out of sight forever. PM me if your interested and I can see if I can stop by there and look for them.