PDA

View Full Version : Eagle ARMS EA-15: Listed or Not?

tenpercentfirearms
10-29-2007, 4:19 AM
What do you guys think, is the "Eagle Arms EA-15" a listed lower or not? The list actually says, "Eagle Arms EA-15 A2 H-BAR". Please comment with your thoughts on this issue.

tgriffin
10-29-2007, 5:00 AM
I would say "listed", or at the very least, thats a shave too close for comfort.

CavTrooper
10-29-2007, 6:33 AM
Im not expert or anything but if the list has to be make and model, how would that be "listed"? Would that be similar to the (ALL) listing?
Im just asking.

bwiese
10-29-2007, 8:05 AM
You likely would have a defendable case if charged.

You don't have "recommended conduct", and you could end up with "Son of Harrott".

The question might revolve around "...A2 HBAR" being regarded as a configuration of a given model.

PIRATE14
10-29-2007, 11:56 AM
What do you guys think, is the "Eagle Arms EA-15" a listed lower or not? The list actually says, "Eagle Arms EA-15 A2 H-BAR". Please comment with your thoughts on this issue.

Same status of COLT AR-15 A3......or EAGLE ARMS AR-10........

Anytime you want to start xfering these let me know.............

MrLogan
10-29-2007, 12:57 PM
I'd love to transfer a Colt. :D

I've always wanted a pony. ;)

stator
10-29-2007, 4:25 PM

Eagle Arms EA-15 E1 is also listed, btw.

Cardinal Sin
10-29-2007, 5:52 PM
I would take an EAGLE ARMS AR-10 lower for sure if it is legal for Kalifonia

bwiese
10-29-2007, 5:54 PM
I would take an EAGLE ARMS AR-10 lower for sure if it is legal for Kalifonia

Stay away. It had some controversies surrounding it last year.

It's likely regarded as an Armalite AR10 unless you wanted a big court $fight$.

Cardinal Sin
10-29-2007, 6:02 PM
Thus the "if" in the sentence. I would like to get an AR 10 receiver. Heck, even a Hess would work as long as it functions ok. The other 308 receivers are great and all but I want an AR10 clone that takes an AR10 upper, not some one or two off brand.

bwiese
10-29-2007, 6:23 PM
Thus the "if" in the sentence. I would like to get an AR 10 receiver. Heck, even a Hess would work as long as it functions ok. The other 308 receivers are great and all but I want an AR10 clone that takes an AR10 upper, not some one or two off brand.

Ah, understood.

Locate a Hesse lower then. That way you can use an Armalite upper.

Cardinal Sin
10-29-2007, 6:37 PM
Been trying to. Havent had any luck with that or finding a PC-9 though :( If I find both then I think I will have found my happy place :p

KenpoProfessor
10-29-2007, 6:50 PM
I'd love to transfer a Colt. :D

I've always wanted a pony. ;)

I've got two, one in 7.62X39 and the other 5.56. I gotta say, they are accurate as hell. I compared the 7.62 AR to the AK at the range about a month ago, big difference.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

tenpercentfirearms
10-29-2007, 8:37 PM
Same status of COLT AR-15 A3......or EAGLE ARMS AR-10........

Anytime you want to start xfering these let me know.............

Yeah this from the guy who sold me those Superior lowers. :rolleyes:

This is all academic as I have 17 different types of lowers in stock right now that aren't anywhere near as controversial and work just as well.

aplinker
10-29-2007, 11:39 PM
What are you implying about Superior lowers?

I'm curious; I've had a BAD experience with one.

This is all academic as I have 17 different types of lowers in stock right now that aren't anywhere near as controversial and work just as well.

tenpercentfirearms
10-30-2007, 4:58 AM
What are you implying about Superior lowers?

I'm curious; I've had a BAD experience with one.

I had some that had the third selector mark with "Auto" or the full auto pictogram. The DOJ confiscated them and claimed they were full auto because of the trigger over travel screw in the bottom. They never gave them back, but Superior Arms was nice enough to replace those 16 lowers for me so I was not out any money.

PIRATE14
10-30-2007, 6:50 AM

17.....is that all.....pretty weak......:chris:

tenpercentfirearms
10-30-2007, 11:52 AM
17.....is that all.....pretty weak......:chris:
You only have 25. You better get some more lest I pass you up.

PIRATE14
10-30-2007, 12:02 PM
You only have 25. You better get some more lest I pass you up.

I only list so many cause I don't want those crazy cali guys ordering all the Kasler/RR listed goodies.......

It's way past 30........so get busy......

stator
10-30-2007, 12:39 PM
What does the EA-10 have to do with the original question? EA-15 is Armalite's AR line in .223/5.56 which is nothing to do with .308 Winchester/7.62x51.

I have a section of the mag well containing the serial number and model name of my pre-SB23 eagle arms EA-15 lower which was destroyed. I will check it again, but several years ago, I rechecked it and found it to be listed.

ETA: These are LMT lowers (or were?) that are magnificantly made. The Aramlite founders (formerly Eagle Arms before purchasing the Armalite trademark) came from LMT. I believe there is no better lower on the market based upon my experience. You will find no better in fit and function. I purchased my EA-15 from Cold War Relics... there is a blast from the past - excellent vendor - and I enjoyed taking a day to go to Monterrey to their store up on the second floor within a store.

10% - if you want a photograph of it, let me know and I will see if I can take an adequate shot of it with my digital camera. PM would be best if so.

bwiese
10-30-2007, 1:20 PM
What does the EA-10 have to do with the original question? EA-15 is Armalite's AR line in .223/5.56 which is nothing to do with .308 Winchester/7.62x51.

Just a bit of thread drift.

I have a section of the mag well containing the serial number and model name of my pre-SB23 eagle arms EA-15 lower which was destroyed. I will check it again, but several years ago, I rechecked it and found it to be listed.
{snip}
10% - if you want a photograph of it, let me know and I will see if I can take an adequate shot of it with my digital camera. PM would be best if so.

Stator, could you post it here?

Thanks!

PIRATE14
10-30-2007, 1:50 PM

ETA: These are LMT lowers (or were?) that are magnificantly made. The Aramlite founders (formerly Eagle Arms before purchasing the Armalite trademark) came from LMT. I believe there is no better lower on the market based upon my experience. You will find no better in fit and function. I purchased my EA-15 from Cold War Relics... there is a blast from the past - excellent vendor - and I enjoyed taking a day to go to Monterrey to their store up on the second floor within a store.

It has everything to do w/ the question......Eagle Arms Div of Armalite RCVRs are marked M-15 only......Eagle Arms Div of Armalite are Marked AR-10 only...........
So, the question is it listed.........well, not really, but maybe......but you'll end up in court or you'll have it confiscated and if you get it back.....big IF there.....

I've got Coal Valley marked Eagles, Regular Eagles, and Armalite....Eagles.....I am all eagled out...........

I haven't seen Rick since 03 and I run into Dave at various Shot Shows......Monterrey was a good duty station......:chris:

They are great lowers but do you really need them in CALI.....

stator
10-30-2007, 5:51 PM
It has everything to do w/ the question......

Go back and read 10%er's original question.

They are great lowers but do you really need them in CALI.....

Yes, LMT lowers are much better than many out there - say Fulton's FAR-15 which has very loose tolerances to pass the QA check. We need as many LMT manufactured lowers as we can get into CA without having to buy the full LMT-branded lower at the prices LMT charges. This is particularly true if the Lauer rumor of switching from LMT to another manufacturer is true.

tenpercentfirearms
10-30-2007, 7:09 PM
I know exactly what it says on the lower. It says Eagle Arms EA-15. There is most certainly nothing else after it. I don't have a picture, except the one in my mind.

stator
10-31-2007, 4:53 AM
I know exactly what it says on the lower. It says Eagle Arms EA-15. There is most certainly nothing else after it. I don't have a picture, except the one in my mind.

If I remember correctly, my EA-15 lower purchased from Cold War Relics says EA-15 E1 which is directly listed as a category 2 AW defined by the AWCA. I would really recommend that you clear this up before accepting an out of state shipment. That is why I offered.

Come to think about it, since you posted it here, you REALLY BETTER clear this up before accepting shipment. Odds are great that the DOJ firearms bureau has read this.

PIRATE14
10-31-2007, 1:32 PM

Yes, LMT lowers are much better than many out there - say Fulton's FAR-15 which has very loose tolerances to pass the QA check. We need as many LMT manufactured lowers as we can get into CA without having to buy the full LMT-branded lower at the prices LMT charges. This is particularly true if the Lauer rumor of switching from LMT to another manufacturer is true.

SO....you want a great lower but want cheap parts in it......

Lauer has both types....cut by LMT and LAR....

We only sell the ones cut by LMT.....

Lowers have come a long ways......back in the day you could only go ABC....Armalite...Bushmaster...and COLT....

Now there are over 50 different types.......

If Wes wants to xfer the rifle.......he's a big boy and can figure that out himself.......

I fail to see were a 100 bucks paying for quality lower would be a deal breaker but.......I've seen 1500 dollar uppers on a Vulcan.....

PIRATE14
10-31-2007, 1:40 PM

The meat of the question.....which has been brought up over a couple dozen threads........over the last two years....and it still rages on.......

"Harrott"......by "make and model"

DOJs list isn't specific in a lot of instances or is vague......so, do you want to push the envelope.........that is the question.....

My lawyer says.......gives me legal advice.......not a forum board.....;)

ar15barrels
10-31-2007, 1:49 PM
I haven't seen Rick since 03 and I run into Dave at various Shot Shows......Monterrey was a good duty station......:chris:

So is Cold War Shooters the re-incarnation of Cold War Relics?

I remember them from back-in-the-day.
I think I bought guns from them in the 90's at gun shows...

PIRATE14
10-31-2007, 2:06 PM
So is Cold War Shooters the re-incarnation of Cold War Relics?

I remember them from back-in-the-day.
I think I bought guns from them in the 90's at gun shows...

We just changed the name when we split up......went to seperate duty stations.....

Dave pretty much runs Quantico Arms.....the GWOT has been good business for him.....

tenpercentfirearms
10-31-2007, 6:50 PM
If I remember correctly, my EA-15 lower purchased from Cold War Relics says EA-15 E1 which is directly listed as a category 2 AW defined by the AWCA. I would really recommend that you clear this up before accepting an out of state shipment. That is why I offered.

Come to think about it, since you posted it here, you REALLY BETTER clear this up before accepting shipment. Odds are great that the DOJ firearms bureau has read this.

LOL. I guess you didn't read the whole thread. Or at least not this part.

I find it foolish to import an AR15 lower this close to Harrott when there are dozens of other lowers to import that are nearly the same. Trust me, I know about risk and the law and know what my responsiblity is. I have zero desire to ever buy an Ealge Arms EA-15 through my FFL or anyone else's for that matter.

My question was purely academic and centers more around a lower I have seen recently, but not in my shop.

Odds are great that the DOJ firearms bureau has read this.Are you serious? Crap, I better edit my thread! :rolleyes:

artherd
11-02-2007, 1:07 AM
I wouldn't want to defend this guys... And I'm willing to defend quite a lot.

tenpercentfirearms
11-02-2007, 4:48 AM
I wouldn't want to defend this guys... And I'm willing to defend quite a lot.

I agree, it isn't worth my time or effort even though it appears it might be off list. There are simply too many other lowers out there.