PDA

View Full Version : Taurus 24/7 pro 45acp

railroader
10-29-2007, 1:10 AM
I just bought a taurus 24/7 pro 45acp on friday. Now for the 10 day waiting period here in california. I googled the 24/7 45acp and it looks like it has it's share of problems, namely crappy mags that make the rounds nosedive. Did I purchase a problem child? Feedback from owners would be appreciated. The funny thing is I didn't need another 45 but the good price and the fact that it is a cocked and locked polymer striker fired pistol kinda sucked me in. Mark

The SoCal Gunner
10-29-2007, 1:14 AM
Every brand of gun will have its fair share of problems. You won't really know until you try out the one you purchased but I'd think most modern pistols from the big companies would work fine.

Never had a problem with my Taurus Pt-911 but I guess that doesn't really help you much.

MrTuffPaws
10-29-2007, 12:30 PM
I don't have the 24/7 but a MilPro PT145. From my understanding, it is a compact version of the 24/7. I've never had any issues with mine in the couple of thousand rounds shot from it. I carry it while hiking, so I trust my life with it.

PonyFiveO
10-29-2007, 8:03 PM
We put over 100 rounds through a friend's 24/7 Pro in .40 cal, fresh out of the box with no initial cleaning or lube, and had absolutely no problems. It pointed, shot, and grouped well and felt very nice in the hand.

Others may chime in and tell you that you made a big mistake, but have never shot one to backup their claims.

railroader
10-29-2007, 8:43 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. From what I have read the 40's and 9's run fine, the problems were with the 45's only. I guess I'll see in about 8 days and I'll post back on how it runs. Mark