PDA

View Full Version : 3D Printing and its importance to free liberty.

abechira
03-29-2013, 11:52 PM
Peace

nothinghere2c
03-29-2013, 11:57 PM
wouldn't surprise me if the rules were changed to make barrels and such count as firearm parts that have to be regulated

this 3d printing stuff will be interesting to watch

nothinghere2c
03-30-2013, 12:21 AM
Once the technology comes to pass to make the whole firearm deal with the stressors of pressure of expelling a cartridge then nothing will stop anyone from printing the whole firearm. Can you imagine what could be created? this is true freedom of information.

indeed. there's plenty of interesting developments going on. and the powers to be will then try to regulate the printing devices ^_^

or tax them into oblivion to prevent the average citizen from owning one.

kalalp
03-30-2013, 8:41 AM
It will be easy for the Congress to pass a law to make it illegal to manufacture a firearm. 80% is just where it stands today. That can be made illegal with the stroke of a pen. Manufacture a firearm and go to prison. "Any manufacture of a destructive device, including a firearm, shall be deemed etc., etc.

LessTalkMoreShoot
03-30-2013, 8:44 AM
I have been watching Cody Wilson on youtube lately. He is an interesting guy. He is an espoused anarchist, which I am not, but I do see some similarities. Where I am all for government (SMALL government only, as the founders intended!), he believes government is always bad and should be rendered moot. It seems like with 3d printing of guns, he is attempting to push the government to a tipping point and encourage them to make the next move. We really are living in interesting times!

Side note: They are currently working hard to enable the common 3d printers to use different materials. The ABS printers can still be used to print certain components, but that is basically Lego material and only good for some functions.

MrTokarev
03-30-2013, 11:54 AM
I have been watching Cody Wilson on youtube lately. He is an interesting guy. He is an espoused anarchist, which I am not, but I do see some similarities. Where I am all for government (SMALL government only, as the founders intended!), he believes government is always bad and should be rendered moot. It seems like with 3d printing of guns, he is attempting to push the government to a tipping point and encourage them to make the next move. We really are living in interesting times!

Side note: They are currently working hard to enable the common 3d printers to use different materials. The ABS printers can still be used to print certain components, but that is basically Lego material and only good for some functions.

What are they using for the receivers then?