PDA

View Full Version : Paranrmal crap and slap

slamfire
10-28-2007, 3:08 PM

COILSPRING
10-28-2007, 7:04 PM
I have a P-14 which runs so much better with the higher tension Wolf magazine springs. I had some new unused Para magazines which I had been pigeon-holing for years (never loaded) and I started having issues until I replaced the factory springs. Since I changed to the stiffer springs my Para has run like a sewing machine... It does make loading the magazines even a bit more difficult than they already are. I believe that if you poke around on some 1911 forums you will find similar opinions. I hope this helps you. The high-capacity 1911's weak link has always been the function of their magazines. I am guessing that you are using hi-cap magazines? Has this Para always had this issue or is it a new problem? I lucked into my Para and I love it. It was built by a good 1911 smith and just runs & runs. I have never fired a pistol where double-taps come so naturally. Only drawback I have will say is the weight. I have the steel frame and fully loaded it is quite is quite the boat-anchor, maybe I should go join a gym or something...

Franksremote
10-28-2007, 9:51 PM
If you want to permanently disable the slide lock, center drill the slide stop. Otherwise, remove a little material from the step on the follower until it doesn't lock back with one round left. Remove too much and it won't lock back after the last shot either, so be careful and go slow. YMMV

6079Winston
11-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Another rare cause for a gun locking open when the mag isn't empty is the bullet itself hitting the slide stop. I think I caused this once with a Frankenpistol and reloads with bullets seated to magazine length.