PDA

View Full Version : What guns would you bring?

uzigalil
10-28-2007, 1:26 PM
I have a Friend who is moving to Cali from AZ, What non-approved Handguns would you bring in ?

dwtt
10-28-2007, 2:27 PM
I have a Friend who is moving to Cali from AZ, What non-approved Handguns would you bring in ?

Taurus 1911, Dan Wesson Razorback in 10mm, at least one each of the Kel-tec line

Kiba
10-28-2007, 2:31 PM
STI 2011 frames... high demand, almost zero supply. I'd love to get 2 more, another full dust cover and a short dust cover frame.

zenbubu
10-28-2007, 2:31 PM
USP9 Expert

VegasND
10-28-2007, 2:36 PM
I have actually cogitated on this quite a bit. My wife feels the need to return to CA and I have asked a lot of questions about bringing my guns with me. And you have all been very helpful.

I have been surprised at how many of my pistols are not CA approved and thought at first I'd just double up on those so I'd be sure to have them. Some things surprise me--like don't bring a .45/410 revolver (which is actually a pretty poor excuse for a useful weapon). Other things are still a bit confusing (AK or AR handguns are an example)

I thought at first I'd load up on things I could sell at a profit when I left CA after a couple of years. Then, I decided I'd just buy anything I thought I might want for myself and if there was any money left, I might think of the market last.

What good would it do me to load up on stuff I don't want but can sell if I can't get what I do want?

aplinker
10-28-2007, 6:58 PM
Caspian and STI 1911 frames. People go nuts for them (rightfully so).

The sub-gun pistols/receivers (pistol AR, AK, HK, Steyr TMP, Cobray, Mac-style, etc etc etc.). These would go for a significant premium, and you can't bring them in. Just make sure 1.) they're not listed as assault weapons by make/model 2.) they're not built in such a way that they are assault weapons by features (disassemble, locking the mag for AR/AK, removing threads).

I'd also suggest some of the more sought after Colt and S&W revolvers that are no longer available here, but by PPT.

HK Mk23's and Tacticals still command a premium, but I'm guessing (IF the HK45 makes it here) that will diminish. They also need to be disassembled or have the threads turned down.

I'd suggest buying what YOU want. If you decide to sell later, that works too.

mike452
10-29-2007, 12:27 AM
1911 frames with and w/o rail.

ar15barrels
10-29-2007, 12:34 AM

STI frame for me.
You know where to find me when he's ready to PPT it...