PDA

View Full Version : Firemission: Bloomberg and MAIG Popvox

hornswaggled
03-28-2013, 9:59 PM
Losing this one bad. We're kicking *** on all the other polls, so signup and vote to oppose!

https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/x101

penguin0123
03-28-2013, 10:06 PM
Shot out.

Feel free to copy & paste for your own use:
I oppose the so-called gun ban legislation because nothing being proposed is common sense.

Chicago, LA, NYC, are where these "gun control" push comes from. And they rank dead last in enforcement. Out of 90 surveyed, Chicago rank 90th in enforcement. Priority should be enforcing laws already on the books. Not to create "new" ones that have been proven to fail.

1920s ban on alcohol failed to stop alcohol abuse, and led to rampant infestation of crime.
1980s-present ban on drugs failed to stop drug abuse, and led to rampant infestation of crime.
Logically, ban on firearms will fail to stop firearms abuse, and lead to rampant infestation of crime.

When you take away the gun from "gun violence", you are still left with violence. Fix the root cause, not the symptoms.

slaphappy
03-28-2013, 10:37 PM
Opposed and copied.

All the supporting comments make my head hurt.

CA is losing this bad 91% support/9% opposed

wildhawker
03-28-2013, 10:48 PM
All of the Fed bills have PopVox implemented at http://firearmspolicy.org/federal.

-Brandon

ll-Rafael-ll
03-28-2013, 11:04 PM
83 percent support...
Those people are ignorant.

Milsurp Collector
03-28-2013, 11:30 PM
Here's what I said:

I oppose Common Sense Legislation to End Gun Violence because...

While it IS "legislation".
It ISN'T "Common sense" and
It WON'T "End Gun Violence".

And 33% correct is a failing grade.

angry
03-29-2013, 5:44 AM
FAKE

kalimus
03-29-2013, 7:04 AM
I hate that it says “I oppose Common Sense Legislation to End Gun Violence.".

I don't oppose common sense legislation. This legislation is just simply NOT "common sense".

rsacks
03-29-2013, 7:37 AM
None of the proposals represent "common sense" at all. This is a complete misnomer obviously used to confuse people and get them to support an agenda which is anything but.

None of these proposals would do anything to prevent crime or violence because first and foremost criminals don't obey the law.

If you really wanted to do something positive to reduce violence you would not be trying to disarm lawful citizens, or take their constitutional rights away. You would work to enforce the laws we currently have, research and do something about the link between psychotropic drugs and violence, and respect our rights as law abiding citizens.

If you continue down the current road of spreading propaganda to advance your own personal agendas, we will remove you from office at the ballot box.

rayrayz
03-29-2013, 7:51 AM
Done
82% for
18% against

Hoooper
03-29-2013, 8:06 AM
misleading poll labels and have to sign up to vote? No thanks

jccam
03-29-2013, 8:15 AM
Done.

Here's what I wrote:

"I oppose Common Sense Legislation to End Gun Violence because... it is NOT "common sense" to infringe on basic civil rights that are supposed to be PROTECTED by the Constitution.

You will not reduce gun crime by attacking the rights of non-criminals."

jrr
03-29-2013, 8:38 AM
Just goes to show how useless polls and such are. Simply skew the results by careful wording. BTW, you can delete their pre-fab lead in in your message. My message is :

I do not oppose "common sense" gun laws. I do oppose these proposals as they are not common sense, and will have no impact on crime, and especially no impact on mass shootings.

What do all of the recent mass shooters have in common? They all passed background checks and purchased guns legally. They also all had multiple firearms, including common handguns and shotguns. Mandatory background checks and "assault weapon" laws don't even address the problem here, much less solve it.

Simply calling a gun "assault" doesn't make it more dangerous. Simply calling the same tired old anti-gun agenda "common sense" doesn't make it so.

coma13
03-29-2013, 8:45 AM
Done.

Monte
03-29-2013, 10:10 AM
Done, and we've made a percentage point advance since I first checked this morning. Currently at 81% suppport, 19% oppose:

81% Support 50660 users
19% Oppose 11654 users

Monte
03-29-2013, 10:10 AM
FAKE

Say what?

penguin0123
03-29-2013, 11:38 AM
misleading poll labels and have to sign up to vote? No thanks

Use gureilla mail. Done.

majtom94
03-29-2013, 12:09 PM
Hit it.

Dear your representatives:

I oppose Common Sense Legislation to End Gun Violence because...this focus is ill conceived; it IS not the guns that are a problem it is the sad condition our mental health system has deteriated too.

Secondly I used a gun to defend myself from a PCP induce individual who publically announced he was going to kill me; he pocessed a metal baseball bat. He was especially shocked that I produced a 22LR Beretta pistol and informed him that it was highly improbable that I would miss - he chose not to challenge me.

Want proof ask the SF district attorney's office, GUNS SAVE LIVES.

Jwtechnic
03-29-2013, 12:34 PM
Use gureilla mail. Done.

New to me.. Well done! ...& thanks for the tip penguin0123!

Done!

Jwtechnic
03-29-2013, 12:37 PM
Hit it.

Dear your representatives:

I oppose Common Sense Legislation to End Gun Violence because...this focus is ill conceived; it IS not the guns that are a problem it is the sad condition our mental health system has deteriated too.

Secondly I used a gun to defend myself from a PCP induce individual who publically announced he was going to kill me; he pocessed a metal baseball bat. He was especially shocked that I produced a 22LR Beretta pistol and informed him that it was highly improbable that I would miss - he chose not to challenge me.

Want proof ask the SF district attorney's office, GUNS SAVE LIVES.

^^^^^^^ A+

Monte
03-29-2013, 2:21 PM
I just noticed this at the bottom of the page:

Endorsing Organizations
Mayors Against Illegal Guns 2,145 Facebook fans 49 Twitter followers

Opposing Organizations
Firearms Policy Coalition 82,529 Facebook fans 3,773 Twitter followers

Florida Carry 2,987 Facebook fans 150 Twitter followers

Hawaii Defense Foundation (HDF) 595 Facebook fans 231 Twitter followers

:D

I also noticed that the support votes have increased by a whopping three since my previous post, while the oppose votes have gone up by over 200. I'm curious to know when this thing went live. I'm not seeing that information anywhere on the page.

SlipperySlope
03-29-2013, 3:34 PM
Done and message sent.

wildhawker
03-29-2013, 3:39 PM
"Demand a Plan" (aka MAIG + LCPGV aka LCAV) went live in December, as did FPC.

-Brandon

I just noticed this at the bottom of the page:

Endorsing Organizations
Mayors Against Illegal Guns 2,145 Facebook fans 49 Twitter followers

Opposing Organizations
Firearms Policy Coalition 82,529 Facebook fans 3,773 Twitter followers

Florida Carry 2,987 Facebook fans 150 Twitter followers

Hawaii Defense Foundation (HDF) 595 Facebook fans 231 Twitter followers

:D

I also noticed that the support votes have increased by a whopping three since my previous post, while the oppose votes have gone up by over 200. I'm curious to know when this thing went live. I'm not seeing that information anywhere on the page.

Python2
03-29-2013, 4:11 PM
Done, opposed

bgoldber
03-29-2013, 4:18 PM
Done

I oppose Common Sense Legislation to End Gun Violence because...the currently proposed legislation is not common sense. It makes no sense.

Why would you ban rifles when they account for 0.15% of preventable deaths? How will that help to end gun violence? The answer is that it will not. It will however cause many american manufacturers to have to slow down production and lay off employees. It will cause confusing legal issues that will take years and millions of taxpayer dollars to solve. This type of legislation has already proven itself ineffective at best. At it's worst however it will cause many law abiding citizens to doubt whether they will continue to remain within the bounds of the law.

Rusty Scabbard
03-29-2013, 7:57 PM
Done

wjc
03-29-2013, 8:09 PM
Done

Marxman
03-29-2013, 9:45 PM
I oppose Common Sense Legislation to End Gun Violence because it's neither common sense nor will it end gun violence. It will simply add to the multitude of laws criminals already disregard while committing other crimes and add to the burden of the law abiding public. These measures will do absolutely nothing to curtail "gun violence". This legislation is disingenuous and a blatant attack on the law abiding public aiming to erode our second amendment rights by attrition. Even the terms it uses such as "common sense" and "gun violence" are meant to be divisive terms to vilify law abiding gun owners and paint them as irrational, counter to the common good, and of lesser morals than any other citizen. I'm quite sure the citizens, veterans, active duty military, reservists, police officers, firefighters, nurses, EMTs, doctors, first responders, and others that represent and support the second amendment against the tide of ignorant and ineffectual laws are offended every time this type of "common sense" legislation is introduced.

Noble Cause
03-29-2013, 10:31 PM
I am sure, with the involvement of MAIG, somehow this was designed from
the start to ensure our side would fail in the poll. Not sure of the subterfuge
being used by Bloombert & Brady's to accomplish this rout.

Normally, our side shows far more dedication to winning polls than the anti's.

Just the results alone tell you something is wrong. Americans never agree
on something 81% worth. Well, maybe we all agree that Congress is
composed, for the most part, of idiot savant's...but that's about it.

Alaska, for example, is listed as supporting this nonsense.

Just a simple factoid on the main two groups involved favors our side:
NRA approaching 5 million members vs Brady Campaign 28,000(?) minions,
so the "dedicated" numbers appear to be in our favor.

So how are they directing a tidal wave of votes to this poll ?

Link to map showing poll results:
https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/x101/report

Noble

Grifter206
03-29-2013, 10:48 PM
I don't like how they use half truth words like "Common sense law" and "Assault weapon"(which doesn't exist)
2nd, background already exist!!!
3rd, Gun trafficking is already a crime!

These democrats think the American public is too damn stupid to even notice the B.S. they are giving us

Noble Cause
03-29-2013, 11:19 PM
Upon further study:

Sandy Hook massacre occurs 12-14-12...

Poll appears to start on 12-19-12. Results: Anti's = 25,284 Pro-Gun= 32

So they immediately got the jump on us. Looks almost like someone
pre-notified an organized group on one side on this issue, but conveniently
forgot/delayed to spread word to the general public. 32 votes for our side
on day #1 looks very suspect to me. And the lead off comments all seem
to be familys directly affected by the massacres.

It appears the majority of the Anti's votes were in by about 1-12-13 at 47,245 vs us at 5,133.

The Anti's votes seem to level off after that initial huge influx.

We seem to be trending slightly upwards currently.

Noble