PDA

View Full Version : April 16, Committee Hearings and rally

DrVino
03-28-2013, 8:34 AM
Looking to get the word out and coordinate with other groups:

Gun Rights Across America California, through its Facebook account, is organizing a protest on the day a number of bills will be heard in Sacramento:

We need people to commit and show up in Sacramento at 8 am on April 16th (meeting location near capitol building to be disclosed soon).

There will be a committee hearing on at least EIGHT anti-gun bills (including two versions of an AWB, mag ban & bullet button ban).

Speakers and witnesses to testify in committee are being organized.

We need gun rights supporters to turn out to fill the chambers, halls of the building and attend a rally later in the day.

GRAA-CA FB page: https://www.facebook.com/GunsRightsAcrossAmericaCalifornia

Don't forget to contact the Governor and your CA State legislator and tell them to OPPOSE these anti-gun bills.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/150413_232734263532134_1097701786_n.jpg

Sanchanim
03-28-2013, 9:36 AM
Folks we need everyone there. This is an open public committee hearing on a lot of the bills we are facing.

lwellman
03-28-2013, 9:51 AM
Take a day off to stand up for your rights.
Wish they would do these commitees on the weekend but my guess is theres a reason its on a tuesday.

Sanchanim
03-28-2013, 10:00 AM
lwellman it is critical we use this time to show we care about our rights. Otherwise they will consider our lack of presence as a green light.

We need to make sure those that are anti-gun from conservative districts get the message they will not last in office if they vote yes on these bills.

lost.in.cali.
03-28-2013, 11:50 AM
Im going

Sanchanim
03-28-2013, 12:00 PM
It will be good to see you there Lost..
Bring a friend, or ten!!!!
We want standing room only for the meeting.
Afterwards we will meet on the front steps to hear a few words. Mark Morris will be there as well as myself, and Wes Holst.
We have others who will speak as well, but some are super squirrel secret lol

zio707
03-28-2013, 12:10 PM
Uggghh... I'll be in Texas for training that entire week but will continue to email, call my reps and educate the uninformed, sorry.

Hopefully it's a huge turnout so that the politicians can stop saying this is what all of California wants... when in reality it's what they want.

penguin0123
03-28-2013, 12:16 PM
I don't do facebook, can someone PM me the details? Not sure if I'm going yet, 6hr drive from SoCal is brutal.

Sanchanim
03-28-2013, 12:17 PM
No harm no foul Zio..
But send your family instead lol
People car pool if you have to, we had great success with that when we did our rally in January.
I put in for my day off work already.

Sanchanim
03-28-2013, 12:18 PM
penguin0123 April 16th. 8:00 am PST. We will be inside the capital first for the meeting which is to start at 9:30 am. We will be on the front steps following for the rally.
There will be plenty of people there so it won't be hard to figure out.

Sanchanim
03-28-2013, 2:29 PM
If you want flyers to hand out please email me at dsilver668@gmail.com.
I can send it your way to print and distribute. This is so critical for all of us.

ja308
03-29-2013, 2:00 PM
Mark your calendrs

ES13Raven
04-05-2013, 10:49 AM
I thought I remember reading that if people have a LTC / CCW that they can't bring their concealed firearm on Capitol grounds?

rsacks
04-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Not trying to be a downer, but don't you think they already have their minds made up? I mean, i get the very distinct feeling they don't give a rat's a** what any of us think. I will try to get the time off if you really think there's a point...

Can'thavenuthingood
04-05-2013, 11:16 AM
looks like a semi duplicate as walterwhite has this same rally going on here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=738035)
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=738035

Maybe we need to merge these 2 threads for combined action?

Vick

Can'thavenuthingood
04-05-2013, 11:23 AM
Okay guys, I sent 250 lanyards with badge holders to walterwhite to help ID Calgunners at these hearings.

Connect with him before going in and get an ID type goodie. Numbers mean a
lot so gather up and pack the rooms.

Vick

Can'thavenuthingood
04-05-2013, 11:26 AM
If you want flyers to hand out please email me at dsilver668@gmail.com.
I can send it your way to print and distribute. This is so critical for all of us.

Sanchanim,

walterwhite is making up flyers, maybe you guys could get together and coordinate your efforts.

Vick

Vacaville
04-05-2013, 11:27 AM
I just took the day off. I'll be there.

biscuitbarrel
04-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Not trying to be a downer, but don't you think they already have their minds made up? I mean, i get the very distinct feeling they don't give a rat's a** what any of us think. I will try to get the time off if you really think there's a point...

Giving up is not the American way.

Vacaville
04-05-2013, 11:53 AM

The worst thing we could do is hide in our houses and do nothing.

Remember, the American Revolution and civl rights for African Americans started with protesting, and they were both hopeless causes in the beginning.

walterwhite
04-05-2013, 7:07 PM
Okay guys, I sent 250 lanyards with badge holders to walterwhite to help ID Calgunners at these hearings.

Connect with him before going in and get an ID type goodie. Numbers mean a
lot so gather up and pack the rooms.

Vick

Guys & Gals please go to the this thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=738035) post "I WILL BE THERE".

I will add your name to the running list, and I will make sure you get your lanyard, which has the the Calguns placard.

walterwhite
04-05-2013, 7:11 PM
DrVino and Sanchanim are organizing the social media side, plus other avenues to get the word out. They are making a serious run at trying to get enough people there to turn this into an event!

Awesome work guys, I am with you!

For those that have a short memory or don't know. Sanchanim is the person that put together the Jan 19th Capital Steps rally. Over 700 showed up. Daniel did all the work by himself, it was a tremendous amount of work, with great results.

walterwhite
04-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Guys & Gals,
DrVino & Sanchanim or working on a broader turnout and hopefully a POST HEARING RALLY!

The hearings info is here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=10991243&postcount=1). This thread is announcing the RALLY effort that DrVino & Sanchanim are trying to put together.

This thread is very important to keep active so people know what is happening after the committee hearings.

Sanchanim will pull together a rally, he pulled together the Jan 19th Capital Steps rally. Keep posting here to keep the faith and this thread active.

phrogg111
04-06-2013, 10:55 PM
Can I speak at this? I'll do whatever it takes. I'll keep it brief. I'm a veteran of Iraq/Afghanistan, and I spoke at the February 8th rally.

walterwhite
04-07-2013, 12:38 AM
Can I speak at this? I'll do whatever it takes. I'll keep it brief. I'm a veteran of Iraq/Afghanistan, and I spoke at the February 8th rally.

phrogg111, there is a segment when the public can speak, unfortunately they have rigged the rules so that only 2 speakers from those who are "for" and two speakers from those who "oppose" are allowed to speak. The speakers have already registered for the "oppose" side, one is Sam Paredes Pres of "Gun Owners of Calif", the other I am guessing is Craig DeLuz of CAL-FFL, both of these are professional advocates for our side.

Everyone else is allowed to Stand and be recognized, the get up, say their name, where they are from, or who they represent, and say if they are "for" or "oppose" these bills. They are suppose to hear every single person that is willing to "stand and be recognized".

However you are allowed to submit written documentation, (I will get you the process for submitting this), send me a PM with you Name, Contact info, and email addr.

PLEASE, ABSOLUTELY COME, every warm body there for our side is important. They have to know we refuse to be silent, and we will fight them every step.

Sanchanim, is working on a post hearing Rally, last time he had speakers for that rally. You can get your chance to speak there.

One VET to another, thank you for your service.
Our brothers who did NOT come back, their sacrifice is dishonored by these shameless legislator's heinous acts.

walterwhite
04-08-2013, 10:54 AM
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1393/capitalbldgstandup.jpg

WATCH this thread to get latest info on after hearings RALLY.

Keep watching the sticky thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=738035) for latest info on Hearings.

Post in this thread you will attend, (this will secure your Calguns neck Lanyard to wear in hearings).
No signs or posters allowed inside Capital building.

Keep watching this thread for latest info on Hearings. (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=11034049#post11034049)

DrVino
04-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Organizers will be present at the North and South entrances.

DrVino
04-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Organizers will be present at the North and South entrances.

Jwtechnic
04-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Unfortunately I am heading out of town for work on the 16th otherwise I would make the drive to support. Good luck & god speed to all that show up & support!

straight_shot
04-09-2013, 12:18 PM
This is a battle in what will be a protracted and worthy war. You cannot win the war if you dont fight the battles. Physically present support in a public place like the committee room sends a direct and tangible message that no email, phone call, or letter ever will. These legislators know that the crowd we assemble represents far more than us alone, especially since the meeting is smack in the middle of the work week. I am working on taking the day off to attend, but have yet to confirm.

walterwhite
04-09-2013, 8:37 PM
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/2841/7daysshread2nd.jpg

25 + will know where they were! 7 days and counting list

STAND UP 16th to OPPOSE these Anti-2A-Gun Regulators gambling with our Rights & Lives!

The List so far of Calgunners representing all Californians for their gun and 2A rights, at the anti constitutional gun grabber hearings!

calaveras
desertjosh
DrjonesUSA
foreppin916
gwgn02 +1
mag360
Militant Libertarian
mshill
Mskifas
rayrayz +1/2
real1611 +1
Sanchanim
sam2002
savannah
shawnnsac
smallshot13
SMF TACTICAL
Spylon
tdec777
TheEngineer916
tpc13
walterwhite
Wang Lung
Wnick308
WReyth
Zimz

Calguns will have neck lanyards with NO placard that can be worn into the hearing chamber. NO signs or Posters are allowed. To get your lanyard click on this link (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=738035) and post "I WILL BE THERE"

Hoologan
04-09-2013, 8:51 PM
Great job guys! I'll be there in spirit, but physically in Denver :(

walterwhite
04-13-2013, 1:09 AM
For flyers to print out and give to friend or coworkers: www.carkba.org. The site was quickly thrown together to support this event but will be used for future grassroots event.

For parking carkba.org (http://carkba.org/downloads/16thstandup/capbldgmap.pdf)

The Capitol doors open at 8:30 am

When to get there: Many of us (including Dr Vino, and Sanchanim) will be there at 8am and earlier. We will be at the front entrance. Be sure to get you Calguns Neck Lanyard, it has a 3x5 placard that says NO! on one side an Calguns on other. NO SIGNS or POSTERS are allowed, that requires a permit.

All entrances have security scanners. Remember to take your knives and other weapons out of your pockets in your vehicle. I forgot on Monday :) Having to deal with that will slow everyone up.

Where to go in the Capitol Bldg?
Go to the elevators in the West wing on first floor (Main entrance is the East side), or take the stairs to the 4th floor. The John L Burton room is at the opposite end of the hall (east) it Tees go left.

No posters, signs, are allowed in the building, unless you have a permit. We do not have a permit.

GET YOUR NECK LANDYARD before you go in., your neck lanyard has a discrete placard that is acceptable. In the hearing room you can hold it up, It simply says NO!

Latest info, check this forum and www.carkba.org

biscuitbarrel
04-13-2013, 6:49 AM
I can't be there but I will be there in spirit. God bless you all.

DrVino
04-13-2013, 7:27 AM
A couple of clarifications:

BE THERE AT 8 AM - we want you there BEFORE THE CAPITOL OPENS. There is a very good reason for this. Organization is key here.

Organizers will be at three locations to direct protesters: Front steps, but also: north and south entrances. Map: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/24665_236672899804937_366504642_n.png

We also have 8.5x11 posters you can print out at home, carry in your pocket and hold up when appropriate. PM me for files, or go here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.237146946424199.1073741826.196817317123829&type=3

LikeAllGuns
04-13-2013, 1:12 PM

Don't be a downer then. Support all Pro 2nd rallies. We can win if we all stick together and show up at rallies, write emails and call your representatives. It does matter, we are the people that vote for them.

LikeAllGuns
04-13-2013, 1:14 PM
I'll be there !!!

DrVino
04-13-2013, 1:27 PM
Rob Bonta’s AB 174 was changed because we spoke up. Pressure gets results. Silence conveys approval.
Besides telling them (publicly) that they are wrong, we are also trying to affect public opinion.
Be there. Support the cause in any way you can - in a peaceful, civil way.

LikeAllGuns
04-13-2013, 1:32 PM
Rob Bonta’s AB 174 was changed because we spoke up. Pressure gets results. Silence conveys approval.
Besides telling them (publicly) that they are wrong, we are also trying to affect public opinion.
Be there. Support the cause in any way you can - in a peaceful, civil way.

Very cool that's what I'm talking about !!! We can make a difference.

M14 Junkie
04-13-2013, 1:54 PM

I also agree with this. They don't give a rat's @$$ about what any gun owners in this state think.

There is nothing that we can do about it because they cannot be voted out of office. They are here to stay. This is because the voting majority in this state want the same thing that they do.

"Feel good" actions like writing to them and expressing your outrage with them, or attending rallies, will in the end, do nothing to deter them. That is a fact. I'm sure that they just laugh at our impotent actions.

The only thing that we can do is wait until they pass as law and then challenge them in court as to constitutionality.

rayrayz
04-13-2013, 6:20 PM
Is the 8am time just to get things ready? I won't be able to get there until 8:30 at the earliest.

Can'thavenuthingood
04-14-2013, 7:11 AM
I also agree with this. They don't give a rat's @$$ about what any gun owners in this state think.

There is nothing that we can do about it because they cannot be voted out of office. They are here to stay. This is because the voting majority in this state want the same thing that they do.

"Feel good" actions like writing to them and expressing your outrage with them, or attending rallies, will in the end, do nothing to deter them. That is a fact. I'm sure that they just laugh at our impotent actions.

The only thing that we can do is wait until they pass as law and then challenge them in court as to constitutionality.

Sounds more like an excuse or justification to stay home and do nothing constructive.
You want to wait and fight them in the Courts as to Constitutionality, that could take many years and in the meantime precedents are established and more laws and regulations get passed.

Naww, at least go see your representatives in their District office and tell them you'll see them in Court.

Vick