PDA

View Full Version : Oathkeepers etc.

bbodybill
03-28-2013, 7:19 AM
ALL AMERICANS NEED TO BE AFRAID AND READY, OPEN YOUR EYES TO WHAT IS GOING ON,

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2013/03/24/retired-army-officer-dhs-must-surrender-their-war-weapons-to-dept-of-defense/

Retired Army Officer: DHS Must Surrender Their War Weapons To Dept. Of Defense
Capt Terry Hestilow
A letter by retired Capt. Terry Hestilow to his US Senator John Cornyn.
This article was posted at Gateway Pundit, by Jim Hoft.
On Saturday March 23, Terry M. Hestilow, a retired Army officer with nearly 30 years of service under his belt, posted this letter he sent to Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) this week. Hestilow wants DHS to hand over their war weapons to the Department of Defense.
The Honorable Senator John Cornyn, State of Texas
United States Senate
517 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510
Re: Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and that agencies preparation for war against citizens of the United States of America
Dear Senator Cornyn,
It is with gravest concern that I write to you today concerning the recent appropriation of weapons by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) that can only be understood as a bold threat of war by that agency, and the Obama administration, against the citizens of the United States of America. To date, DHS has been unwilling to provide to you, the elected representatives of the People, justification for recent purchases of almost 3,000 mine-resistant ambush-protected (MRAP) armored personnel carriers, 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition (with associated weapons), and other weapons systems, when, in fact, the DHS has no war mission or war making authority within the limits of the United States of America.
Significant is the fact that at the same time the Obama administration is arming his DHS for war within the limits of the United States against the People of the United States in accordance with his 2008 campaign speech claiming,
“We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we’ve set. We’ve gotta (sic) have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded [as the United States military]”–Candidate Barack Obama, 2008.
The Obama administration is deliberately defunding, overextending, and hollowing the Department of Defense; the only legitimate agency of the U.S. government with a war mission.
This act of the Obama administration stands as a glaring threat of war against our nation’s citizens! This act of the Obama administration can only be understood as a tyrannical threat against the Constitution of the United States of America! If left unresolved, the peace loving citizens who have sworn to defend the United States Constitution “against all enemies, both foreign and domestic” are left no option except to prepare to defend themselves, and the U.S. Constitution, against this Administration’s “coup” against the People and the foundations of liberty fought for and defended for the past 238 years. We have no choice if we honor our oaths.
The only proper response to this threat against the American people is for the representatives of the People, the members of the U.S. House and Senate, to demand in clear terms that the Administration cannot ignore, that the Department of Homeland Security immediately surrender their newly appropriated weapons of war to the Department of Defense (DoD). Further, since the DHS has assumed a position in the Administration to enforce the tyrannical acts of this president against the People of the United States against the limits of the United States Constitution, it remains for the United States Congress to exercise its limiting power in the balancing of powers established by our founding fathers, to disestablish and dissolve the DHS as soon as possible. One needs only to look to the rise of Adolf Hitler, and his associated DHS organizations, the SA and the SS, of 1932-1934, to see the outcome of allowing an agency of government this kind of control over the free citizens of a nation. The people of Germany could not have imagined, until it was too late, the danger of allowing a tyrant this kind of power. We must not be so naïve as to think it will not happen to us as well if we remain passive toward this power grab by the Marxist Obama administration!
Finally, for more than two centuries the nation has lived in peace at home because of the protections of our legitimate military and the many appropriate state and federal law enforcement agencies, supported by Constitutional courts. We stand today at a cross-road. Will we allow this present Administration to overthrow our United States Constitution and its legal processes to amend injustices, or, will we honor our obligations to defend the Constitution against a “domestic” enemy? Our Constitution lays out the proper methods of resolving our differences; and it does not include its overthrow by a rogue agency of a Marxist leadership at home. You, sir, are our constitutionally elected agent to defend our Constitution at home. We are counting upon you. We remain aware, however, of this present threat and will not expose ourselves as an easy prey to the authors of the destruction of our nation.
I know that this letter demands much of you. We elected you because we, the citizens of the State of Texas, believe that you are up to the task at hand and will, against all threats, honor your oath and office. We are also writing to your fellow members of the House and Senate to stand in integrity with the Constitution and against this present threat by the Obama administration and his DHS.
We refuse to surrender our Constitution or our nation!
Resolved,
Captain Terry M. Hestilow
United States Army, Retired
Fort Worth, Texas
March 23, 2013
Please donate and support Oath Keepers mission, every little bit helps!

"American Patriot, You Are Known As The Home Grown Terrorist, You Are The Enemy In The New America, We Have Divided You By Race, And Given You The Title Of Racist, We Have Control Of Your Medias, And Call It News,
We Have Taken Your Schools, Where Propaganda is Taught As Education, We Are Removing Your Liberty
In The Name Of Protection, This is Your Red Dawn"

greg36f
03-28-2013, 8:08 AM
That guy sounds like a nut job!!!!

Not that different that Dorners rambling manifesto....

advocatusdiaboli
03-28-2013, 11:28 AM

Um, I think he's a bit extreme and jumping to some conclusions, but he makes some legitimate points. Your perfunctory dismissal of him by name-calling, a childish form of ad hominem argument, makes me more leery of your real motivations than his.

Legasat
03-28-2013, 12:14 PM
He comes across a little strong for my tastes, but there is a lot of truth in his statements. One of the things Obummer said in 2008, was that he thought there should be a civilian force equal to the military that reports to the President. Now THAT is scary!

advocatusdiaboli
03-28-2013, 12:37 PM
One of the things Obummer said in 2008, was that he thought there should a civilian force equal to the military that reports to the President. Now THAT is scary!

Well, he and Holder wanted to use drones to kill Americans without due process to show guilt and oversight even though those are acts of war on US soil. Fortunately Rand Paul nailed him on it (thankfully). Obama is far more scary than a lot of people realize. We might see hyperinflation and significant unrest at the rate Treasury and the Fed are virtually printing money. I am feeling like some Germans probably felt late in the life of the Weimar Republic watching Hitler's rise. I don't mean Obama is Hitler, but I do mean he's a self-righteous power-hungry pandering totalitarian at heart who believes with great zeal that he knows what is best for all of us.

mattymatt
03-28-2013, 12:45 PM

Such insight. Please, show me where the letter is wrong. You call names without offering a valid counter argument.

1Asterisk
03-28-2013, 1:49 PM

Let's see...

a gov't that allows firearms to go across the border to the cartels with the intent to eventually blame our 2A; contributing to the death of a Federal Agent; does everything it can to interfere with a congressional investigation....

a gov't that refuses to enforce federal laws on immigration, drugs, DOMA....

A gov't that kills American Citizens overseas and believes it can do so here without due process.....

A gov't that is using drones to watch us.....

A President that publicly states we need a "civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded as the United States military”.....

A domestic enforcement agency 'arming up' with 2 billion rounds of ammunition, 'personal defense' weapons, and armored personnel carriers....

You may want to remove your head from the sand.

Tyrone
03-28-2013, 2:45 PM
Nothing is more American and wise than a "healthy" distrust of government and those in power regardless of party. It is important to be accurate, however, in statements less that healthy distrust be labeled as tinfoilhattery:TFH: There are truly legitimate concerns and questions that should be answered by this administration concerning rationale and basis for the large purchases of ammo and other weaponry by Homeland Defense and other depts, the simultaneous full court press by all levels of govt for gun control and gun registration and ammunition restrictions, as well as the use of lethal force against Americans on American soil. Rand Paul raised this latter issue in his filibuster and I praise him for doing it. With that said, there is little evidence (other than failure to timely and flatly deny as initially requested and changing of definitions in DAA) of the that this administration "intended" or "wanted" to use drones to target and kill Americans on American soil who were not engaged in active combat against the US. Lets keep the pressure on them like a laser and keep them honest by having to answer all questions, but lets not make accusations for which there is insufficient evidence to support motive.

rootuser
03-28-2013, 2:56 PM
Well, he and Holder wanted to use drones to kill Americans without due process to show guilt and oversight even though those are acts of war on US soil. Fortunately Rand Paul nailed him on it (thankfully). Obama is far more scary than a lot of people realize. We might see hyperinflation and significant unrest at the rate Treasury and the Fed are virtually printing money. I am feeling like some Germans probably felt late in the life of the Weimar Republic watching Hitler's rise. I don't mean Obama is Hitler, but I do mean he's a self-righteous power-hungry pandering totalitarian at heart who believes with great zeal that he knows what is best for all of us.

What president have we had in the last god knows how long that doesn't fit this description? We need a new set of politicians all together. Top to bottom.

Sunday
03-28-2013, 7:35 PM

As you are in the process of loosing many of your constitutional rights and liberties,Wake up it may already be too late.

Legasat
03-28-2013, 7:55 PM
tinfoilhattery

Nice word!!! I award 2 bonus points!

sl0re10
03-28-2013, 8:34 PM
I don't mean Obama is Hitler, but I do mean he's a self-righteous power-hungry pandering totalitarian at heart who believes with great zeal that he knows what is best for all of us.

Part of my problem with the guy is I don't think he likes all of us ergo he is not doing what even he thinks is best for all of us.

greg36f
03-28-2013, 11:26 PM
Um, I think he's a bit extreme and jumping to some conclusions, but he makes some legitimate points. Your perfunctory dismissal of him by name-calling, a childish form of ad hominem argument, makes me more leery of your real motivations than his.

I have no "motivations" other than pointing out the obvious.

Just because his guy makes some valid points does not make him less of a nut job.

Just because you want to believe what he says does not make him less of a nut job.

Sorry, but the entire thing come across as some unhinged guy rambling on. It barely makes any sense! One long sentence that just goes on and on.

Read it out loud and you can picture some freaky looking homeless guy yelling from a street corner.

I would expect more from a 30 year military officer. That may be my biggest issue.

advocatusdiaboli
03-30-2013, 9:02 AM
While I think he has gone a bridge too far metaphorically in his extrapolations of events and his conclusions regarding motives, yet I think he makes some valid points, you seem to think I "believe" him. The use of that word requires some clarification as it is a loaded word as is "nut job". The guy is not a writer—he was a leader of men and only rose to O-3 so I don't expect a great man, but I listened and filtered his words and I saw a few valid points. Let me cover them:

We have the Constitution that separates the powers of office in the government and I am sure you recall why we do. The Founders knew they could not predict or control who gained office, so they put limits on the offices. They were ever watchful of abuse of power and the threat of monarchy which was the common form of governance in the world over at the time.

A lesson from history might help you understand why, while this is not a crisis, it is a matter of concern and we should consider the long-term implications for this nation and the liberty of its people.

Few in the Weimar Republic in Germany after WWI watching Hitler's rise saw the threat. I recall specifically citizens and representatives of European nations writing the prime ministers of several European nations about Germany's munitions build up during the 20s while most people considered it unimportant and Chamberlin visited Germany and "achieved peace in our time" after an invasion for "Lebensraum".

Couple that with Obama asking Holder to render an opinion that it was legal for drones to be used to kill Americans on US soil (I suspect it will be DHS controlling them) without due process and congressional oversight—something he backed down from after being challenged by Rand Paul—and I get the picture of an inept green leader with a poor recall of history letting bureaucrats below him tell him they need to "load up for bear" without considering the potential for harm down the road.

We don't know what Obama and his cabinet intend to do with an extra-military force on American soil if anything, it may just be the top commanders in DHS who know, but we do know it sidesteps Congressional oversight and Obama is approving however innocently. And while I seriously doubt Obama would use it inappropriately, someone 20 or 30 or 50 years hence just might and we have no idea who that will be or what kind of person they will be. So if we let this evolve, we could be looking at the seeds of the destruction of our Republic. No need to panic, but we should examine the motives, implications, and constitutionality involved for the sake of the future of this republic.

In sum, while I don't think Obama has nefarious intent, I do believe what he may be allowing to happen can and will likely be abused by someone in the future. Look how Nixon used the FBI. This is what I mean he makes some points and why we should investigate. It has more potential for harm than you think.

“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
— Patrick Henry

"Certainly one of the chief guarantees of freedom under any government, no matter how popular and respected, is the right of citizens to keep and bear arms. … the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, and one more safeguard against a tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible.”
— Sen. Hubert Humphrey

"You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence."
— John Stuart Mill