PDA

View Full Version : Knoxx stocks

hummveecop
03-27-2013, 8:59 PM
Probably a silly question or may have been asked before; did a search and no info. I have a Rem. 870 with a Knoxx Talon thumbhole stock. Does it make it an AW? Also My Rem 700 has a Knoxx Blackhawk pistol grip stock - same question - is it an AW? Any valid responses are appreciated, thanks.

0nTarg3t
03-27-2013, 9:09 PM
i would not think so nether one is a semiauto with a detachable magazine,the 870 is a pump action and the 700 is a bolt action right? here is the flowchart: http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

Marxman
03-27-2013, 9:11 PM
It's a pump shotgun therefore exempt to the AW laws. Same with the 700. It's a bolt action therefore exempt. Overall length and barrel length laws still apply.

Falconis
03-28-2013, 12:19 AM
Better to ask than not and end up in jail.

Quiet
03-28-2013, 6:38 AM
CA's assault weapons laws only apply to semi-auto firearms.

It does not apply to bolt-action firearms, lever-action firearms, pump-action firearms, single-shot firearms and multi-barrel firearms.

norcalgunguy
03-28-2013, 6:43 AM
CA's assault weapons laws only apply to semi-auto firearms.

It does not apply to bolt-action firearms, lever-action firearms, pump-action firearms, single-shot firearms and multi-barrel firearms.

It also does not apply to rimfire firearms. Magazine capacity laws still apply.

tenpercentfirearms
03-28-2013, 7:00 AM
It also does not apply to rimfire firearms. Magazine capacity laws still apply.

Careful. It does not apply to rimfire rifles. Rimfire handguns have the same rules as centerfire handguns.

So basically it does not apply to bolt action rifles nor pump action shotguns. Do what you want as long as you do not violate SBR laws.

hummveecop
04-01-2013, 10:21 AM
i would not think so nether one is a semiauto with a detachable magazine,the 870 is a pump action and the 700 is a bolt action right? here is the flowchart: http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

I looked at this chart. To me it seems vague. Further, in the current anti-gun climate, and as a retired LEO, not all cops (and politicians) are firearms savvy. Being stopped with either of my weapons in the car going to or from a range, my fear is they could be confiscated. And should they be, my experience is getting them back takes an act of God.