PDA

View Full Version : Do you carry a lawyers number in your phone or wallet?

scratchnbell
03-27-2013, 8:31 PM
Not sure where to post this.
If you have a CCW do you carry a firearms lawyers phone number in your wallet?
What is the name of your lawyer? How did you decide who's number to carry with you?
Thanks
Scratch

Fjold
03-27-2013, 8:39 PM
Yes, I used the recommendations on here.

scratchnbell
03-27-2013, 9:18 PM
Thanks Frank,
Is this what you are talking about?
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=245866

Bob

wjc
03-27-2013, 9:33 PM
yup.

I have the CGF number on speed dial.

GOEX FFF
03-27-2013, 9:36 PM
http://www.calgunlawyers.com/tear-away-business-card/

-aK-
03-28-2013, 1:22 AM
Yes. Someone I have already used successfully and also someone who is listed below.

Khyber
03-28-2013, 1:27 AM
Yup! You never know when you will need it just like an insurance policy. Even if you don't have a CCW its a good idea to have the info on hand or at the very least the CGF number on speed-dial.

norcalgunguy
03-28-2013, 8:06 AM
I have my attorneys number on speed dial even though I don't have a CA CCW.

greg36f
03-28-2013, 8:26 AM
I have always been curious about the lawyer speed dial thing.

I get the fact that you at some point in your life need a lawyer and that it’s good to plan ahead, but what is a lawyer going to do for you “right now”? Tell you not to talk? You should already know if you are going to talk or not.

Are you going to call him as the police are breaking down your door on a search warrant? Wait guys, let me call my lawyer. Sure, no problem sir, we will come back later!

Are you going to call him when contacted by the police? I don’t think any LEO is going to let you call if it’s a lawful detention or let you call before he makes a lawful search. Hold on officer, you can’t do your job until I call my lawyer.

I have never call the Cal Guns legal defense team, but in reality how many of us can actually call a lawyer (any lawyer) and have him not only answer the phone but actually know who we are and be willing to answer any questions we have. You are much more likely to get, “Ummm, I don’t know who you are, but call my office and make an appointment; and bring 5 grand as a deposit”.

As a LEO, I have heard the, I am going to call “My lawyer” claim hundreds of times, but It has never affected the way I do my job.

Don’t get me wrong, lawyers are great and I do have one is case I need one and you should to, but they really only come into play long after the LEO contact is over.

hawk1
03-28-2013, 8:31 AM
yup.

Wouldn't a lawyer be better?

Glamis
03-28-2013, 8:44 AM
I have my family lawyers office phone number with me, also know it by hart. It is an Ez one. I think it is just a good Ida. You never know when some thing is going to happen. He is not a firearms lawyer but anything will help if you locked in a room getting the grill.

Calzona
03-28-2013, 8:49 AM
Yes. As well as the CalGuns hotline.

highpowermatch
03-28-2013, 8:52 AM
Not sure where to post this.
If you have a CCW do you carry a firearms lawyers phone number in your wallet?
What is the name of your lawyer? How did you decide who's number to carry with you?
Thanks
Scratch

Married one, have her number memorized ;)

adonis
03-28-2013, 9:03 AM
Everyone should have two things memorized, your attorneys phone number and your debit/credit card number.

kaligaran
03-28-2013, 9:43 AM
I didn't feel the need till I moved to California. Now I have both the CGF hotline and a CGF recommended lawyer's contact info in my wallet.

Too Slow
03-28-2013, 9:46 AM

+1, and my personal attorney and a card from uscca that you hand to the police and keep your mouth shut.

Haplo
03-28-2013, 11:04 AM
You should consult your lawyer about what to do before something happens, you won't have a chance to while an incident is happening. Knowing what to do or say (and what not to do or say) in any situation is very powerful.

1BigPea
03-28-2013, 11:11 AM

I have this card in my wallet, my truck visor, and my car visor.

OneLoneShooter
03-28-2013, 11:39 AM
Yes.

I have her business card in my wallet.

I have her business number in my phone.

I have her home phone number in my phone.

I have both of those numbers memorized in my head, ready to go.

My lawyer has told me, and my siblings, what to do when encountering an Officer of the Law during an incident ("Shut. Up. Don't admit to anything. Say you're going to be silent until you talk to a lawyer. Bite your damn tongue until it bleeds if that's what it takes to keep silent! Once you get a chance, give me a call ASAP, and I'll take care of everything.")

This lawyer may only specialize in civil cases herself, but she has close contacts who work in criminal cases. These contacts are ready to go to bat for me and this lawyer at an almost Pro-Bono rate (They are still lawyers...)

I call this lawyer "Mom."

Jet Setter
03-28-2013, 11:43 AM
Great info. Will be printing the stuff out.

speedrrracer
03-28-2013, 11:53 AM

Email is broken, you'll have to snail mail, call or print it yourself.

But very good to have!

Decoligny
03-28-2013, 12:40 PM
I have Jason Davis listed with the last name AAttorney so that it is the very first name on my contact list.

maxwellca21
03-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Tag

Rumline
03-28-2013, 1:28 PM
I have always been curious about the lawyer speed dial thing.

I get the fact that you at some point in your life need a lawyer and that it’s good to plan ahead, but what is a lawyer going to do for you “right now”? Tell you not to talk? You should already know if you are going to talk or not.

Are you going to call him as the police are breaking down your door on a search warrant? Wait guys, let me call my lawyer. Sure, no problem sir, we will come back later!

Are you going to call him when contacted by the police? I don’t think any LEO is going to let you call if it’s a lawful detention or let you call before he makes a lawful search. Hold on officer, you can’t do your job until I call my lawyer.

I have never call the Cal Guns legal defense team, but in reality how many of us can actually call a lawyer (any lawyer) and have him not only answer the phone but actually know who we are and be willing to answer any questions we have. You are much more likely to get, “Ummm, I don’t know who you are, but call my office and make an appointment; and bring 5 grand as a deposit”.

As a LEO, I have heard the, I am going to call “My lawyer” claim hundreds of times, but It has never affected the way I do my job.

Don’t get me wrong, lawyers are great and I do have one is case I need one and you should to, but they really only come into play long after the LEO contact is over.
I dunno, it worked out pretty good for that guy in New Jersey (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/19/dad-this-picture-of-my-son-holding-a-gun-triggered-a-visit-from-nj-police-family-services/). He didn't even call Nappen directly...he posted on Nappen's Facebook as he drove home and Nappen called him after a short exchange of messages.

dunndeal
03-28-2013, 4:47 PM

Me too and I don't have a CCW.

GraySquirrel
03-28-2013, 5:00 PM
Married one, have her number memorized ;)

Same here.

Rail
03-29-2013, 3:28 PM
You should go further: have it memorized.

Eljay
03-29-2013, 5:49 PM
Yeah, nothing like being in a holding cell, with a phone where you can make calls out, but they've taken your iPhone and won't give it back. Protester types who expect to be arrested actually write their attorney's # on their bodies with a Sharpie.

knucklehead
03-29-2013, 6:08 PM
Tagged to read later.

Skidmark
03-29-2013, 6:10 PM
Yes, I carry the numbers of two attorneys in my phone.

It would be insane not to have someone to call in time of need.

john67elco
03-29-2013, 6:24 PM
Justin Davis is on my cell phone and I ccw

vector16
03-29-2013, 7:11 PM
I do not carry except for when I hunt and am in the house. I have the # on my phone, email, Frig, safe etc.. Everyone else in the house does to. If you own a gun you need to have that # at all times. If you have to use a gun you will need to have a lawyer. GET THE PHONE #!!!
Keep the CGF # with you also. If you are a member of the CRPA or the NRA, have that # with you too.

voiceofreason
03-29-2013, 8:45 PM
I have Jason Davis on my favorites list on my cell.

I have two other attorneys as well.

Nick Justice
03-29-2013, 9:07 PM
Sort of. Does my own phone number count?

chris
03-29-2013, 9:11 PM
yup.

yep CGF is in my phone has been for some time now.

JaMail
03-29-2013, 9:16 PM
little orange card from michelle and assoc, also have thier stickers on all my safes and gun travel cases.

meyerlemony
03-30-2013, 6:44 PM
Sort of. Does my own phone number count?

Sure! Then again, I do construction, engineering and design so maybe mine shouldn't count :)

I sure do get a lot of phone calls from family anyway, though...