PDA

View Full Version : nice surprise from Ruger

swift
10-26-2007, 9:56 PM
Last month I decided to send my 22/45 back to Ruger and fess up that I screwed it up by assembling it wrong after cleaning. (I wasn't paying attention.) I asked them to call me to tell me what it would cost to repair. Today I get my pistol back. They made a lot of repairs and charged me nothing. I can't believe they fixed all the problems caused by operator error.

What great customer service!

.22guy
10-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Great customer service would be making a pistol that is not such a PITA. Just my opinion. I hate working on mine.

Knauga
10-26-2007, 10:55 PM
I hate Ruger Semi-Auto's, but my Ruger wheel gun is a thing of beauty. :D

Kruzr
10-26-2007, 11:20 PM
Not bad for a company who tells you they offer no warranty huh? I've always had very good service from Ruger when I needed a part. I called for a new rebound spring for my Mark II. They sent 3 with 3 new plungers. When I lost the spring retaining clip from the guide rod on my P95, they sent a whole new guide rod assembly.

We sent our range rental Ruger GP100 back to Ruger since the barrel was smooth. They got back to us that for $160, they are going to change the barrel, re-time, replace all springs and any worn parts and refinish the gun. It should be good for another 150K rounds. :)

Maddog5150
10-27-2007, 12:54 AM
I have a buddy who bought a beat to hell single six at a garage sale. It was half rusted and there was a hole drilled in one side of the barrel. He sent it to Ruger and told them the story and expected to have to pay a boat load of money. They offered to replace the barrel for free, reblue the gun but also offered to let him upgrade to a longer barrel and new sites for only fifty bucks! now he has a brand newish looking single six.

five.five-six
10-27-2007, 1:43 AM
I have recieved several freebies from them, most of my guns were rugers till I found out what an ars bill ruger was,

Desert Rat
10-27-2007, 7:09 AM
............................ Could it be a Jam-O-Matic fan is coming over from the Dark Side?

I hate Ruger Semi-Auto's, but my Ruger wheel gun is a thing of beauty. :D

jkasandiego
10-27-2007, 8:27 AM
Last month I decided to send my 22/45 back to Ruger and fess up that I screwed it up by assembling it wrong after cleaning. (I wasn't paying attention.) I asked them to call me to tell me what it would cost to repair. Today I get my pistol back. They made a lot of repairs and charged me nothing. I can't believe they fixed all the problems caused by operator error.

What great customer service!

Sent mine too. Same problem, PITA to disassemble but a great shooter.

Knauga
10-27-2007, 8:45 AM
............................ Could it be a Jam-O-Matic fan is coming over from the Dark Side?

No, but if I'm going to have to have a wheel gun it might as well be the Ruger, It balances out my Springers! :D