PDA

View Full Version : Understanding their game

mattj9090
03-26-2013, 9:50 AM
I saw this last night. It would be good for us to understand these methods, mainly because it is what we are up against. If you have the time to watch this, you will clearly see the points addressed being used today by anti's, grabbers, ect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4YtgA2jnu4

IMHO, the NRA should take notes.

UberPatriot
03-26-2013, 10:59 AM
Very interesting. I did not have time to watch the whole thing but what he says is fascinating.

mattj9090
03-26-2013, 2:10 PM
Very interesting. I did not have time to watch the whole thing but what he says is fascinating.

Fascinating, indeed. The "demoralizing" principle is what we are seeing a lot of right now.

ex:
"If you're not for common-sense gun laws, then you must lack/refuse common-sense".

When this is pushed enough, then no matter what logical or data backed argument we present, we are already perceived as lacking common sense and/or stupid. This is just one example. Think of all the little things that are being used to chip away at the perception of our rights and culture. Slowly, but surely as I see it.

The NRA has started to make small improvements towards improving the perception of the 2a and gun culture, but they still have a long way to go. Like I said, they need to take notes and game-up.

sakosf
03-26-2013, 2:24 PM
The idea is a endless number of "reasonable", "common sense" gun laws over time, until just about all of us are disarmed. Look what happened in Australia..... and now there are reports that even single shot long arms are under attack there. It's now considered political suicide in Australia for a politician to be seen holding or shooting a firearm or even appearing in a photo with anybody having something to do with firearms

mattj9090
03-26-2013, 2:33 PM
Anyone know the best way to get this to the attention of the NRA or CGF?