PDA

View Full Version : FFL Shuts Down M. Kelly Purchase over Intent

majtom94
03-25-2013, 8:20 PM
Mark Kelly's intent questioned by FFL. FFL denies purchase over his 'intent'.

I think the FFL smelled a trap or publicity stunt by the anti-gunners.

Here's the article

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/25/gun-store-rescinds-mark-kelly-rifle-purchase-questions-his-intent/

Tripper
03-25-2013, 8:24 PM
Good
Better, had they called ATF/DOJ and advised them of their concern and ATF/DOJ had denied the sale

Bsandoc40
03-25-2013, 8:29 PM
Kelly got caught buying an "evil black rifle" then tried to make a political statement for damage control.

Astronaut or not, Kelly is a disgrace. "Americans for Responsible Solutions" ... What a joke.

bignev
03-25-2013, 8:30 PM
maybe he can concentrate on dog control after his kids dog killed a sea lion pup on a california beach this weekend

http://lat.ms/YQATM5

LuvLRBs
03-25-2013, 8:31 PM
Oh good, now maybe he'll shut up about how easy it is to buy one. I hope nobody else sells him one either. And I hope he really wanted it.

trashman
03-25-2013, 8:35 PM
Oh good, now maybe he'll shut up about how easy it is to buy one. I hope nobody else sells him one either. And I hope he really wanted it.

^^^^ haha, yes exactly. I wondered if the FFL was going to do the right thing. Glad he did.

--Neill

LuvLRBs
03-25-2013, 8:35 PM
maybe he can concentrate on dog control after his kids dog killed a sea lion pup on a california beach this weekend

How horrible. If his stupid daughter isn't strong enough to control an American Bulldog she shouldn't be walking it anywhere. That poor sea lion could have been a kid.

sunaj
03-25-2013, 8:39 PM
Right on,
the article is a good read, not only are these two turkeys supporting a rifle ban, they have started an anti-gun organization, which makes them persona non grata:iagree:

sunaj

myusername
03-25-2013, 8:49 PM
LOL - I was going to say if it's up for grabs I wanna buy it. But they are going to donate the gun to a Police Association for a raffle prize, and they value it at $1,295.00. Heck I can get a NIB one from my LGS for only $1,199.00 - and Wal-Mart in AZ used to have them for around $900, so Mark Kelly is not only a douche bag, but he was getting ripped off to boot! LOL :) :)

Next question, what was his kids dog doing on the beach in Laguna? I didn't think they allowed dogs on the beach.

This isn't the first sea lion killed by a dog. Dogs are dangerous, "they" should BAN all dogs. ;)

PS: Didn't he take delivery of the .45? What did he do with that? If it wasn't for his use, then isn't he in violation of Federal Law? If it was for his use then he's still a bigot.

snobord99
03-25-2013, 8:55 PM
Guess it wasn't as easy to buy as he thought.

morfeeis
03-25-2013, 9:13 PM

Shameful, if you cant control your dog you shouldn't own it.

kick Z tail out
03-26-2013, 3:10 AM
Anyone else would probably be fined heavily or thrown in jail for that.

CnCFunFactory
03-26-2013, 6:00 AM
I love how the smug SOB just walks off and leaves the scene of a crime.

CnCFunFactory
03-26-2013, 6:01 AM
double post

LuvLRBs
03-26-2013, 6:20 AM
Local San Diego news was telling about the seal kill on Mike Slater's show. A couple of women in San Diego who didn't hurt a seal but took some silly pictures riding one got the whole beach shut down here. But Kelley's steel jawed dog shreds one on Laguna Beach and nothing happens? Must be nice to be one of the elites and be immune to normal punishments. Suppose if I let my dog loose in La Jolla and it tore up a seal it would be all hushed up and I would get nothing? Fat chance!

sl0re10
03-26-2013, 6:25 AM
So your buying this rifle to hand it over to a third party... can't sell it you. Have a nice day.

Maestro Pistolero
03-26-2013, 9:18 AM
Triple burn:
"While I support and respect Mark Kelly's 2nd Amendment rights to purchase, possess, and use firearms in a safe and responsible manner, his recent statements to the media made it clear that his intent in purchasing the Sig Sauer M400 5.56mm rifle from us was for reasons other then for his personal use," MacKinlay said in the statement.
He added that the store will return Kelly's money, donate the rifle to the Arizona Tactical Officers Association to be raffled as a fundraiser and make an additional contribution of $1,295 -- the value of the rifle -- to the Eddie Eagle GunSafe Program.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/25/gun-store-rescinds-mark-kelly-rifle-purchase-questions-his-intent/#ixzz2OfQjzv00

jorgyusa
03-26-2013, 9:28 AM
He attempted a straw purchase. I think that means he committed a felony.

NytWolf
03-26-2013, 9:33 AM
Bravo for the FFL.

goodlookin1
03-26-2013, 9:51 AM
He attempted a straw purchase. I think that means he committed a felony.

No, he was purchasing the rifle for himself. But the FFL believed he was not going to use it as intended.....a veiled statement meaning that he intended only to use the purchase for political purposes ( to support gun control); namely how "easy it is to purchase an assault weapon".

Dano2467
03-26-2013, 4:18 PM
Why isn't mark kelly being arrested for attempting a straw purchase! oh yeah it would of been okay just like the fast and furious at furthering their agenda:facepalm:

snobord99
03-26-2013, 6:01 PM
Why isn't mark kelly being arrested for attempting a straw purchase! oh yeah it would of been okay just like the fast and furious at furthering their agenda:facepalm:

Because this isn't a straw purchase, it's more akin to a gift. :facepalm:

bubbapug1
03-26-2013, 6:02 PM
One paper has said he was a hero for trying to stop his dog from killing the sea lion cub.

More propaganda twisting of reality.

If that had been joe average citizen this would have been the outcome.

Failure to control your dog
Violation of the federal marine mammal protection act
Violation of the California MLPA
Failure to report an a dead seal lion
Fleeing the scene of a crime
Etc.

We all know now there are two levels of justice in our society.

rm1911
03-26-2013, 9:24 PM
Laguna is an mpa, or marine protected area. For those of you who don't know the mlpa was the Eco-fascist led closure of big chunks of the coast to fishing and all other kinds of things. This needs to be pursued.

Wonder if Kali will prosecute??

marcusrn
03-26-2013, 11:54 PM
What the flip!

Why is this dog alive? Where was his Govt Mod 1911?

We can't expect others to shoot our dogs when they are out of control.

Who is this guy? I'm sure this guy would have shot recalcitrant goats and camels in Iraq with chain guns from his jet. Why can't he dispatch a vicious dog.

Those folks staying at the Montage to not pay to watch that kind of violence. Oh the humanity!

I was there once and I think they were charging $10.00 for a bowl of oatmeal.

I love goofing on people like him!

bubbapug1
03-27-2013, 7:05 AM
What the flip!

Who is this guy? I'm sure this guy would have shot recalcitrant goats and camels in Iraq with chain guns from his jet. !

Get out much? He's an astronaut, married to gabby Gifford. Google her name. Welcome to 2010.

barracudamuscle
03-27-2013, 7:25 AM
What the flip!

Who is this guy? I'm sure this guy would have shot recalcitrant goats and camels in Iraq with chain guns from his jet. Why can't he dispatch a vicious dog.

Those folks staying at the Montage to not pay to watch that kind of violence. Oh the humanity!

I was there once and I think they were charging $10.00 for a bowl of oatmeal.

I love goofing on people like him!

Here ya go....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Mark+Kelly

Nick Justice
03-27-2013, 8:44 AM
So he was going to keep the type of gun used to injure his wife, and use another type of gun to make a political statement, in response to the injury of his wife. Makes perfect sense.:rolleyes:

The pro 2A group is the only group who has thought any of this through.

EnglandStGarage
03-27-2013, 12:49 PM
Uuuum ok guys. Please correct me if im wrong but that is not really marks dog eating baby seals on the beach.

tpc13
03-27-2013, 12:54 PM
Kelly is a disgrace to gun owners of America. I don't care who he is or what he's done. He does not speak for me. It's not right that he thinks he's better than everyone else and gets a seat at the table. He's no more qualified than me or u to speak for our rights. What an azz.

YubaRiver
03-27-2013, 1:30 PM
Uuuum ok guys. Please correct me if im wrong but that is not really marks dog eating baby seals on the beach.

It his daughter's dog, as I understand.

gobler
03-27-2013, 1:37 PM
I'm still waiting for his arrest for lying on the 4473...

Sent from somewhere in time & space...

Maestro Pistolero
03-27-2013, 10:35 PM
It's not a straw purchase. It is ridiculous enough, we don't need to overstate it.