PDA

View Full Version : Colin Noir - Dishonest Solutions "Gun Control is a Bandaid on a Bullet hole"

GayGuns
03-25-2013, 12:59 PM
Please circulate FB, Twitter et al.

Colin Noir - Dishonest Solutions "Gun Control is a Bandaid on a Bullet hole"

ejnkNx98EK4

k1dude
03-25-2013, 1:06 PM
I wish the NRA hadn't signed him up as a spokesperson. Right or wrong, the affiliation makes him lose credibility with the fencesitters on the left. Perception is everything.

vonderplatz
03-25-2013, 1:13 PM
We need more Young Guns.

PoorChoiceofUsername
03-25-2013, 1:15 PM
I've never been impressed with the guy and he's becoming more of a condescending blowhard with each vid.

safewaysecurity
03-25-2013, 1:17 PM
gun control is more like filling a bullethole with mercury to stop the risk of infection.

Bsandoc40
Aside from Hickok45, Colion Noir is my go to channel for guns on YouTube. Glad to have him on our aside...

myk
"No, it doesn't matter what he says, Colin is an Uncle Tom and he's nothing but a puppet of the cash-monster that is the NRA."

That's the response I got from showing Colin's clips.

I've never been impressed with the guy and he's becoming more of a condescending blowhard with each vid.

You forgot to put a sarcasm smiley, but just to be sure:

In case you haven't noticed, anti's/grabbers have heads as hard as rock and require the intellectual equivalent of a .50 caliber round to penetrate their thick, biased, ignorant, angry, judgmental ideologies that are Utopian fantasies at best. I suppose you have a better idea of how to get the American public to wake the frak up about the truth on guns?

Trenchfoot
03-25-2013, 1:21 PM
We need more Young Guns.

I'll see you one Jose Chavez y Chavez

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/kiss444/Lou_Diamond_Phillips21.jpg

Shasta Frog
03-25-2013, 1:25 PM
+1 for Hickock45. :D

GayGuns
03-25-2013, 1:31 PM
Everybody's a critic. :D Don't like him? Don't watch. I'm glad to have him on our side just the way he is --esp. since there's precious few African American man who're willing to risk being ostracized for being against gun control.

mattj9090
03-25-2013, 1:35 PM
Everybody's a critic. :D Don't like him? Don't watch. I'm glad to have him on our side just the way he is --esp. since there's precious few African American man who're willing to risk being ostracized for being against gun control.

Agreed!

LuvLRBs
03-25-2013, 1:36 PM
I think he's great. Youth, diversity, all the good things today's social media loves. My kids constantly send me video clips to view. It's the way information and ideas pass around now.

Bsandoc40
03-25-2013, 1:43 PM

+1 Agreed... Now, I'm still mad at Colion calling the slide ofthe CZ75 family of guns "Midget Slides"!!!! :D

Nick Adams
03-25-2013, 1:44 PM
Not my cuppa tea, but if it helps break down the 'angry, old, white male' image then good.
Thanks,
An angry old white male.

SuperSet
03-25-2013, 1:53 PM
Noticing a divide between preferred communication methods, old vs. new. It makes more sense to me now when some folks would say WLP did great when I think he did terrible. Whatever method you prefer, I want the one that works.

MadMax
03-25-2013, 1:55 PM
While not one of his strongest videos people need to stop hatin:) he is a good thing plain and simple.

BigJ
03-25-2013, 1:56 PM
I've never been impressed with the guy and he's becoming more of a condescending blowhard with each vid.:facepalm:

I'll say it again: we are our own worst enemy. By a lightyear.

PoorChoiceofUsername
03-25-2013, 2:06 PM
Probably doesn't help that a ton of gun owners here fall into the same category as ol' Colin.

mjmagee67
03-25-2013, 2:27 PM
If some of you don't like what Mr. Noir is doing get off your donkey and do something better!

Mr. Noir is young very well spoken and most of the time he make a lot of sense. Is he going to get blasted because he doesn't fit the Liberal definition of a NRA member (angry white man)? Hell yea he is, I know it you know it, the NRA knows it, and Mr. Noir sure knows it. So what let the Liberals blast, it just highlights their hypocrisies. I'm for one glad he is a spokes person for the NRA, for gun owners, and for ME. He can do a hell-of-a-lot better than I ever will.

FastFinger
03-25-2013, 2:42 PM
Personally I like his videos, but he's not going to appeal to everyone, which is the way it is with every messenger. He will bring across our message to a whole bunch of people who otherwise wouldn't hear it. More power to him - more power to us.

RugerFan777
03-25-2013, 2:50 PM
I wish the NRA hadn't signed him up as a spokesperson. Right or wrong, the affiliation makes him lose credibility with the fencesitters on the left. Perception is everything.

The fence sitters are dedicated liberals. Trust me, I have spoken to many of them in college is does no good. Independents, you can persuade if there not liberal independents. Liberals in general have bought the liberal indoctrination 'hook, line, and sinker'. Even if they agree with you on some points they always stay true to the lefts point of view.

Look at my pro-gun democrat thread, you will see no matter how much they say their pro-gun they vote dem nearly every time.

Hoologan
03-25-2013, 2:58 PM
I think having Colin Noir on our side is a good thing, but I also think it could be better. IMO, he would have a greater impact if he ditched the flat billed hat and stopped talking like a rapper. ....Hand gestures and all.

morfeeis
03-25-2013, 3:11 PM
Probably doesn't help that a ton of gun owners here fall into the same category as ol' Colin.
not going near that with a ten foot pole.

hs_uA4fgWjo
Looks like the NRA is stepping up their PR army in a good way. They are taking notes for the left and rather then just using facts (which we have had on our side for years), they are appealing to the emotional side also. Now if they could only get that guy from PJTV (Anthony something or another) and a hot Spanish woman their PR stable would be set.

Trenchfoot
03-25-2013, 3:20 PM
I think having Colin Noir on our side is a good thing, but I also think it could be better. IMO, he would have a greater impact if he ditched the flat billed hat and stopped talking like a rapper. ....Hand gestures and all.

Depends on who you want him to be effective with. His target demographic is not the typical NRA member. I don't even really think his target demographic is necessarily minorities. I think it is the under 30-35 crowd regardless of race.

I think most people can tell the difference between...

http://atlantablackstar.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/MrColionNoir_How_to_Stop_MASS_SHOOTINGS__123331.jp g

And...

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/wp-content/uploads/wayne-prat.jpg

morfeeis
03-25-2013, 3:27 PM

In what sense has Colin ever spoken anything like a "rapper"?

k1dude
03-25-2013, 3:34 PM
The fence sitters are dedicated liberals. Trust me, I have spoken to many of them in college is does no good. Independents, you can persuade if there not liberal independents. Liberals in general have bought the liberal indoctrination 'hook, line, and sinker'. Even if they agree with you on some points they always stay true to the lefts point of view.

Look at my pro-gun democrat thread, you will see no matter how much they say their pro-gun they vote dem nearly every time.

You're probably right.

k1dude
03-25-2013, 3:35 PM

Unfortunately, that's what appeals to anyone under 35 these days. So if you want the message to reach that segment, that's how you have to act and talk.

Hoologan
03-25-2013, 3:37 PM
In what sense has Colin ever spoken anything like a "rapper"?

Just look at his hands. To me it looks like he's about to spit rhymes half the time.

vonderplatz
03-25-2013, 3:42 PM

You probably don't see the irony of your comments.

Hoologan
03-25-2013, 3:43 PM
Unfortunately, that's what appeals to anyone under 35 these days. So if you want the message to reach that segment, that's how you have to act and talk.

Not really. Maybe under 20. I'm 31, a professional, and he doesn't really do it for me.

To Trenchfoot's point, I guess I would be considered a "typical" NRA member and as such, I will try seeing it from other points of view.

5.0Driver
03-25-2013, 3:43 PM
Just look at his hands. To me it looks like he's about to spit rhymes half the time.

My Italian friend is the same way. But I never thought he was about to spit rhymes.

penguin0123
03-25-2013, 3:45 PM

And what is wrong with that? If you want facts and reasoned arguments, you got David Keene. If you want a political old hand, you got WLP. If you want the younger generation to care, you got Colin Noir.

You use the right gun/ammo for the right target. If you wouldn't use birdshot on a deer at 200yrds, why would you use WLP on the younger generation, or send Colin Noir to debate Bloomberg on NBC?

Not really. Maybe under 20. I'm 31, a professional, and he doesn't really do it for me.

To Trenchfoot's point, I guess I would be considered a "typical" NRA member and as such, I will try seeing it from other points of view.

And quite frankly, his style of delivery doesn't do it for me either (I'm mid 20s and a white-collar guy). But that's why we got David Keene.

SuperSet
03-25-2013, 3:46 PM
Looks like the NRA is stepping up their PR army in a good way.

Like it and headed in the right direction! NRA Media is learning and adapting. Hoping that this approach pays dividends down the road as new shooters come on board as it brings more shooters to our cause.
I especially like that they also brought the SEAL team guy on board. Like the other article I mentioned today, the veteran influence is helping to stem the tide, at least here in MD.

Hoologan
03-25-2013, 3:46 PM
My Italian friend is the same way. But I never thought he was about to spit rhymes.

I never met an Italian rapper either.

k1dude
03-25-2013, 3:50 PM

You are the exception, not the rule. Go to any mall, ball game, or other public place on a Saturday and tell me what you see. Under 35 professionals are a small segment of society.

myk
03-25-2013, 3:50 PM

And what is that supposed to mean, exactly? You think we're all BLACK? Pro-2nd Amendment activists? What? If you're some kind of stereotyping biggot you're not welcome here, we don't want you here, GET OUT...

Hoologan
03-25-2013, 3:51 PM
And what is wrong with that? If you want facts and reasoned arguments, you got David Keene. If you want a political old hand, you got WLP. If you want the younger generation to care, you got Colin Noir.

You use the right gun/ammo for the right target. If you wouldn't use birdshot on a deer at 200yrds, why would you use WLP on the younger generation, or send Colin Noir to debate Bloomberg on NBC?

See post #30.

And quite frankly, his style of delivery doesn't do it for me either (I'm mid 20s and a white-collar guy). But that's why we got David Keene.

That's all I'm saying. :beer

morfeeis
03-25-2013, 3:52 PM
It might just be my experience in public speaking and sales, but all i saw was very well used hand gesturing and someone who looks to have been trained in public speaking. I watched it two more times, but hey i could be wrong. i'm just use to motion creating emotion.

Watch 30 seconds of this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJwEZ_D3ggo) or any good trial lawyer

StraightShot04
03-25-2013, 3:53 PM

You probably don't see the irony of your comments.

i had to log in and lol at this comment about the other comments. :facepalm:

SlipperySlope
03-25-2013, 3:57 PM
Outstanding job Mr. Noir. Thank you!

Hoologan
03-25-2013, 4:01 PM
It might just be my experience in public speaking and sales, but all i saw was very well used hand gesturing and someone who looks to have been trained in public speaking. I watched it two more times, but hey i could be wrong. i'm just use to motion creating emotion.

Watch 30 seconds of this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJwEZ_D3ggo) or any good trial lawyer

He's "cleaned it up" quite a bit since joining NRA News, IMO. Watch some of his older videos and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Anyways, this is my opinion and you know what they say about opinions... I didn't mean to rile ya'll up :)

Hell, he's doing a lot more for our rights than I've done. I can respect that.

EDIT: Watched the video. Totally different delivery, IMO. If you can't see it, then I'm not sure what to say.

morfeeis
03-25-2013, 4:04 PM
I'll look back, i'm cool i just want to see if i missed something. You never know i could have over looked something and i hate that. Hell you might help me learn something.

Shenaniguns
03-25-2013, 4:07 PM

He needed the exposure to non-gunnies, they weren't watching him when he wasn't affiliated.

Sofatactical
03-25-2013, 4:09 PM
Racism is alive and well in 2013

zombiescanlearn
03-25-2013, 4:11 PM
While not one of his strongest videos people need to stop hatin:) he is a good thing plain and simple.

+1. Not one of his strongest showing, but I think he's a good thing. Give the guy some time people.

GayGuns
03-25-2013, 4:48 PM
WOW -O WOW - O WOW... Okay.. so Trench. What do you know about the guy in the second picture? That's RIGHT. NOTHING.
-- You just earned the BIGGEST BIGOT label I think I've EVER seen on here. WOW.

http://atlantablackstar.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/MrColionNoir_How_to_Stop_MASS_SHOOTINGS__123331.jp g

And...

phamkl
03-25-2013, 4:53 PM
He probably just Google Image searched "gangster" or something. The image does definitely fit the stereotype, which is basically what the topic of Mr. Noir's brand does for the NRA.

Otherwise, who is that?

Edit: Aw hell, so that's Weezy. Good to know. Also, apparently Trenchfoot knew beforehand.

Capybara
03-25-2013, 5:02 PM
Good grief, I am an out of it, 50 year old white dude and even I know that is Lil Wayne.

From Wikipedia...
Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr., known by his stage name Lil Wayne, is an American hip hop recording artist from New Orleans, Louisiana.

No wonder we can't get people of color, gays and youth on the side of gun rights. We are mostly ignorant of their world so why would they care about our world of liberty, patriotism and gun rights are civil rights? The sooner we lose the "guns are the realm of angry old white dudes" stigma that our enemies have painted us with, the better. More minorities, more gays, more women, more young people are the KEY, how can people not get that? Lose the cultural bias gang or our fight is lost.

Great job with Colion Noir (can't anyone get his name right?) NRA, we need more though. How bought a gay Latina woman who is a great competitive shooter?

Trenchfoot
03-25-2013, 5:16 PM
WOW -O WOW - O WOW... Okay.. so Trench. What do you know about the guy in the second picture? That's RIGHT. NOTHING.

Why because I know Mr. Noir isn't a rapper and Lil Wayne is? That was the reply to the "he looks like a rapper" comment.

So by arguing that Mr. Noir doesn't look like a stereotypical "rapper", and is a positive representation of black gun owners, I am bigoted against blacks? That will surely come as a shock to my black father...

anthonyca
03-25-2013, 5:28 PM

Ha ha. I was going to say the same thing about my family.

Colion Noir and the other two commentators are the smartest move the NRA has made in years. We need to expand our base. I really like Colion and have been watching his videos for a while. Gun rights people need to embrace everyone who is a gun supporter for that view and stick together on that issue.

Paul S
03-25-2013, 5:38 PM
Great job with Colion Noir (can't anyone get his name right?) NRA, we need more though.

Thanks for that...I've been grinding my teeth throughout this thread over just this point...among others...but hey...we all have our opinions.

I think he's doing a fine job. Go for it Colion !! :D

Nick Adams
03-25-2013, 5:42 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2106/2458616008_1474a84f19.jpg?v=0

Trenchfoot
03-25-2013, 5:53 PM
Edit: Aw hell, so that's Weezy. Good to know. Also, apparently Trenchfoot knew beforehand.

Yup...:D

arrix
03-25-2013, 6:26 PM
Public Speaking 101, know your audience. *WE* aren't Mr Noir's target audience. Mr Noir is targeting youth, minorities, and women. In other words, he's targeting the Democrat base. This is a good thing. He doesn't get bogged down in statistics and numbers. He gets people to think about the issue, and to think about it in a different direction. In this video (and others) he's talking about the issue of violence in our society in general. Guns are just the tools of violence. That's where Colion is going to educate people.

SuperSet
03-25-2013, 6:32 PM
Public Speaking 101, know your audience. *WE* aren't Mr Noir's target audience. Mr Noir is targeting youth, minorities, and women. In other words, he's targeting the Democrat base.

I don't know if this is true as I don't think any of those folks watch the NRANews network. I believe the target is gunowners, who may or may not be NRA members.
For those on the fence or non-gunowners, I think someone like Emily Miller from Washington Times is a more fitting candidate.

03-25-2013, 6:36 PM
How bought a gay Latina woman who is a great competitive shooter?

How about a gay, hispanic, paraplegic, communist, mentally retarded woman who is a great competitive shooter?

:rolleyes:

arrix
03-25-2013, 6:56 PM
I don't know if this is true as I don't think any of those folks watch the NRANews network. I believe the target is gunowners, who may or may not be NRA members.
For those on the fence or non-gunowners, I think someone like Emily Miller from Washington Times is a more fitting candidate.

Well whether the target audience is listening is another thing entirely. Certainly as the NRA spokes person now, he will get more looks from media organizations, but honestly he needs to get more national tv air-time to be effective at moving the fence-sitters and the dogmatic antis. It certainly won't happen overnight. But I like that the NRA is showing that it's not just an organization of "old white dudes".

Trenchfoot
03-25-2013, 7:01 PM
Well whether the target audience is listening is another thing entirely. Certainly as the NRA spokes person now, he will get more looks from media organizations, but honestly he needs to get more national tv air-time to be effective at moving the fence-sitters and the dogmatic antis. It certainly won't happen overnight. But I like that the NRA is showing that it's not just an organization of "old white dudes".

I would pay to watch him on Al Sharpton's tv show.

heedless619
03-25-2013, 7:04 PM

He represents the younger crowd. Hence my backwards flat billed hat.

arrix
03-25-2013, 7:15 PM
I would pay to watch him on Al Sharpton's tv show.

Agreed, and I would pay to see him b-slap Anderson Cooper, Piers Morgan, and even Lord Bloomberg.

Lone_Gunman
03-25-2013, 7:48 PM
Jeez all you Elmer Fuds need to realize a few things...
He dressed and spoke like that before he was affiliated with the NRA, it's who he is, not some persona he's put on to reach people. He's on our side, and for that reason you should be championing him. This guy is young and dynamic, he is well spoken and he makes his points intelligently.
I swear I thought I was watching the death of the NRA when WLP had his post Sandy Hook press conference. It was like they tried to be as irrelevant and out of touch as they could. WLP referenced video games from 10 years ago for Gods sake.
We are trying to reach the next generation, and the only way WLP and the old men of the NRA could do that is if they set themselves on fire while doing the Harlem Shake. Do you think your 17 year old grandson or granddaughter would ever listen to anything WLP ever said? With Colion Noir at least they won't shut it off before they even hear a damn word that is said. 18 year olds vote, whether you like it or not, and they overwhelmingly vote Democrat. We need to reach them, and this guy can do a better job of that than what the NRA has been serving up lately.

:facepalm:

Capybara
03-25-2013, 8:44 PM
How about a gay, hispanic, paraplegic, communist, mentally retarded woman who is a great competitive shooter?

How would a paraplegic shoot, with their toes?
Good Communists would never shoot guns unless Dear Leader told them to.
Mentally retarded people are a prohibited person.

So I take it that you don't want gay women shooters to join the ranks in the fight for our civil rights?

Capybara
03-25-2013, 8:46 PM
He dressed and spoke like that before he was affiliated with the NRA, it's who he is, not some persona he's put on to reach people. He's on our side, and for that reason you should be championing him. This guy is young and dynamic, he is well spoken and he makes his points intelligently.
I swear I thought I was watching the death of the NRA when WLP had his post Sandy Hook press conference. It was like they tried to be as irrelevant and out of touch as they could. WLP referenced video games from 10 years ago for Gods sake.
We are trying to reach the next generation, and the only way WLP and the old men of the NRA could do that is if they set themselves on fire while doing the Harlem Shake. Do you think your 17 year old grandson or granddaughter would ever listen to anything WLP ever said? With Colion Noir at least they won't shut it off before they even hear a damn word that is said. 18 year olds vote, whether you like it or not, and they overwhelmingly vote Democrat. We need to reach them, and this guy can do a better job of that than what the NRA has been serving up lately.

http://togif.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/kane-clap.gif

Poms&Guns
03-25-2013, 9:04 PM
Colion Noir reaches many people...different ethnicities...different ages...different socio-economical bases...different genders...etc. My husband and I are both white, 47, grad college graduates, blah, blah, blah...and we both have always liked him and what he has to say. I'm glad to have him on our side.

zio707
03-25-2013, 9:22 PM

http://togif.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/kane-clap.gif

+100

DonFerrando
03-25-2013, 9:59 PM
Finally someone brought up my point: exactly how can anyone who is serious about "protecting the children" be so ignorant of all other forms of violence other than so-called gunviolence (what a perverse word creation - like other types of violence are somehow less unacceptable)? These people need to keep getting called out on how dishonest their whole argument is - thanks Colion!

Damn True
03-26-2013, 12:40 AM
The backlash from the anti's against Mr. Noir's advocacy tells us one thing, and one thing only:

He scares the crap outta them.

03-26-2013, 2:30 AM
How would a paraplegic shoot, with their toes?

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac284/451040/parashooter_zpsec23daf0.jpg

Mentally retarded people are a prohibited person.

My remark resembles your idea. They're both ridiculous.

So I take it that you don't want gay women shooters to join the ranks in the fight for our civil rights?

I take it that anyone and everyone serious about supporting and defending the 2A is welcomed to join the fight. The NRA doesn't need to recruit a gay hispanic woman as a disingenuous PR stunt.

Trenchfoot
03-26-2013, 4:59 AM
The backlash from the anti's against Mr. Noir's advocacy tells us one thing, and one thing only:

He scares the crap outta them.

He's going to replace Clarence Thomas as the left's favorite "Uncle Tom".

Gem1950
03-26-2013, 8:03 AM
Depends on who you want him to be effective with. His target demographic is not the typical NRA member. I don't even really think his target demographic is necessarily minorities. I think it is the under 30-35 crowd regardless of race.

And...

ROGER THAT!

Gem1950
03-26-2013, 8:37 AM
The negative reaction to this guy, from some members here, is the personification of what was wrong with the face of the NRA in the past.

He does not come across like a member of the moral majority and he calls it like it is. HALLELUJAH!!!

Kudos to the NRA for this one. Somebody over there is with it.

Trenchfoot
03-26-2013, 10:27 AM
The negative reaction to this guy, from some members here, is the personification of what was wrong with the face of the NRA in the past.

He does not come across like a member of the moral majority and he calls it like it is. HALLELUJAH!!!

Kudos to the NRA for this one. Somebody over there is with it.

I'd like to see him get some seasoning beforehand, but he is someone that I think could get people thinking if he were to make the television rounds.

Guys like Ted Nugent are good at exciting some segments of the Pro-2A community, but IMO he is next to useless with on the fence type people. That isn't a knock on him. He just has a different demographic that he appeals to.

On the other hand, if Colion can keep his calm, well reasoned, fact based persona while being attacked by people like Piers Morgan, I think he can at least persuade people with open minds to at least think about their stance on the 2A.

mikestesting
03-26-2013, 11:23 AM

Stop overusing that word. You're part of the problem in this country.

Trenchfoot
03-26-2013, 12:10 PM

I also hate it when people overuse the word "wow". :D

GayGuns
03-26-2013, 11:20 PM
Wow. That's all it takes to be part of the problem eh? WOW.:eek: