PDA

View Full Version : Is the scare over

vaka
03-23-2013, 9:39 PM
Now that the senate has said they will not include an assault weapons ban will the prices on ammo and firearms come back down to pre-scare prices and will people stop hoarding ammo. Im fairly new to firearms and this is my first experience with ammo shortages and high prices on firearms. Ive heard from others that have been long time firearm enthusiast that this has happened before but never this extreme any feed back will be greatly appreciated. I don't want to keep paying 70 bucks for 22lr if prices might come back down

Raisin9410
03-23-2013, 9:44 PM
If you're living in Kalifornia, the scare is just getting started.

vaka
03-23-2013, 9:47 PM
I was afraid some one would say that. so if diane Feinstein cant screw the rest of the states she will just focus on her home state of sunny California.

MontClaire
03-23-2013, 9:48 PM
Before they play the bag pipes on her she will show us the middle finger from the pine box I kid you not!

Cato
03-23-2013, 9:49 PM
I hope it's over. Last time prices came down very low after the scare. It will take a year once all the back orders are filled. Stuff on the used market will be very cheap as guys sell off their hoards.

Window_Seat
03-23-2013, 10:00 PM
I was afraid some one would say that. so if diane Feinstein cant screw the rest of the states she will just focus on her home state of sunny California.

She will work on screwing the cosmic microwave background radiation if possible, and probably will if we allow our guards to be let down.

Otherwise, the short answer to your question (in the subject line) is "NO". The long answer to your question (in the subject line) is "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO".

Erik.

CapS
03-23-2013, 10:43 PM
Now that the senate has said they will not include an assault weapons ban will the prices on ammo and firearms come back down to pre-scare prices and will people stop hoarding ammo.

Absolutely.

:smilielol5:

Cap

Intimid8tor
03-23-2013, 10:46 PM
The scare is never over at the federal level. It is simply on hold until the next opportunity.

At the state level, in California, the real work is just beginning.

gobler
03-23-2013, 10:48 PM
Remain vigilant. It is not over by a long shot. They still have all sorts of evil tricks up there sleeves. They could attach the AWB to some minor but important bill that needs to pass. Just like in 93.

Sent from somewhere in time & space...

ghost
03-23-2013, 10:50 PM
be ready don't put your guard down just yet.

Jet Setter
03-23-2013, 11:50 PM
Really? nothing is CLOSE to being over. it is just beginning.

killmime1234
03-24-2013, 8:44 AM
Agreed. The scare is just ramping up in CA; but it is Yee is who we need to be worried about here, not so much Feinstein. Feinstein writes bills with exemptions like the Bullet Button in them. Yee writes all-encompassing bills with little hope of work-arounds and then has lawyers refine them even further.

pitbull30
03-24-2013, 8:46 AM
So what are you all going to do about it?

How about the first post in this forum!!!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/announcement.php?f=71

compulsivegunbuyer
03-24-2013, 9:10 AM
Nationaly, things will come back to normal. Here, until the proposed legislation comes to pass, or dies, things will be out of whack. As long as you keep paying $70 for a box of 22lr, people will keep charging it. I have put shooting on the back burner for a year or two and will see how this plays out. The replacement costs on my SHTF stash is more than I'm willing to pay. $500 bucks a range trip, forget it. 2 range trips and I can go on a guided hunt or a nice fishing trip, or invest that money for retirement.

kick Z tail out
03-25-2013, 4:30 AM
Ammo prices seem to have gone up a bit during the past week. Nationally.

morfeeis
03-25-2013, 4:41 AM
Remain vigilant. It is not over by a long shot. They still have all sorts of evil tricks up there sleeves. They could attach the AWB to some minor but important bill that needs to pass. Just like in 93.

Sent from somewhere in time & space...
If you learn anything from this thread, learn the above.

BHPFan
03-25-2013, 7:57 AM
The scare is never over.

kalimus
03-25-2013, 8:21 AM
The scare might not be over, but the availability of some things is starting to pop up. I've been seeing more vendors (not just on this site) have mags that aren't 60 bucks a pop. I've seen ammo on shelves... some of it overpriced, some of it a little lower. Ammo online has started to pop up a little more frequently too. I just got some Fed 9mm from PSA for about 26 cents a round. Picked up some .45 acp from midway last week too for about 46 cents a round. Even some of the prices of personally owned AR's have been falling a bit.

No reason to relax about legislation... but prices are doing some interesting things all over the place right now. I saw .223 actually go up when it's in stock. .40 S&W has fluctuated a lot, but seems down a little bit overall.

Keep fighting, and be patient about prices.

LessTalkMoreShoot
03-25-2013, 8:35 AM
Now that the senate has said they will not include an assault weapons ban will the prices on ammo and firearms come back down to pre-scare prices and will people stop hoarding ammo. Im fairly new to firearms and this is my first experience with ammo shortages and high prices on firearms. Ive heard from others that have been long time firearm enthusiast that this has happened before but never this extreme any feed back will be greatly appreciated. I don't want to keep paying 70 bucks for 22lr if prices might come back down

Now that the Fed's are backing off, prices will begin to fall as stock will rise. So if by "the scare" you just mean ammo and gun prices, then yes, I believe it will be over soon. However, scan through some of the heinous bills CA is about to pass, and you will see that prices really are the least of your concerns if you are a gun owner in CA. The legislature really doesn't even bother blowing smoke with us or sugar-coating their intentions like they do at the federal level. To them, you and I are either useless or dangerous.

cpatbay
03-25-2013, 8:41 AM
All it takes is just another mentally ill person to go mass shooting in school, cinema, or other public places ... unless the mental health issue is addressed, unfortunately, this kind of mass shooting is just a ticking time bomb.

robcoe
03-25-2013, 8:56 AM

I will believe it's over when I can actually find a 10 round 5.56 ar-15 magazine in stock somewhere along with a complete upper receiver that has a BCG so you can actually use it.

tommyfly
03-25-2013, 8:59 AM
No.

WiKDMoNKY
03-25-2013, 9:14 AM
3 uppers and lots of sub $20 mags available at PSA http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/

I will believe it's over when I can actually find a 10 round 5.56 ar-15 magazine in stock somewhere along with an upper receiver.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

robcoe
03-25-2013, 9:39 AM
3 uppers and lots of sub $20 mags available at PSA http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I clarified my post a bit on the uppers to something with a BCG so you can actually go out and use it(which they don't have). And they don't have a single 10 round centerfire AR magazine in stock. So I stand by what I said, that stuff still is not available and the panic is not over.

Nick Justice
03-25-2013, 10:19 AM
The scare is never over. Never let your guard down.

The British came back in 1812.

ap3572001
03-25-2013, 10:27 AM
"Is the scare over?" is an interesting subject.

Would be even more interesting if we had a better idea what to be scared about.

What bills do you think have a good chance to pass here in Ca ? What they will effect?

General "scare" does not really mean much.

WiKDMoNKY
03-25-2013, 10:31 AM
I never meant to imply that the "scare" was over yet, I was just pointing out that there are parts (except BCG's) and mags available out there.

10 round mags that show in stock on the first 2 pages of searching Google.

(never bought from them before)
http://www.buymymags.com/AR_15_10_rd_black_p/ar15-10rd.htm

(Big 5 in Pomona, Glendale, shows them in stock)
http://www.big5sportinggoods.com/product/magazines-clips/478242-147908/m4-ar-15-replacement-10-round-magazine.html#content

I clarified my post a bit on the uppers to something with a BCG so you can actually go out and use it(which they don't have). And they don't have a single 10 round centerfire AR magazine in stock. So I stand by what I said, that stuff still is not available and the panic is not over.

WiKDMoNKY
03-25-2013, 10:33 AM
All of them...

"Is the scare over?" is an interesting subject.

Would be even more interesting if we had a better idea what to be scared about.

What bills do you think have a good chance to pass here in Ca ? What they will effect?

General "scare" does not really mean much.

pc_load_letter
03-25-2013, 10:37 AM
I don't really think so. I saw a guy down here in San Diego purchase a USED Spikes AR for $2k. On top of that, he purchased 4 AR lowers at $250 a piece.

Seems to be the big run is on handguns right now. My regular range\gun shop has exactly three semi-auto handguns in the case.

Moonshine
03-25-2013, 12:14 PM
What we are witnessing is an unprecedented build up of civilian arsonnels that hasn't been seen since 1775. Politicians should take note the more they try to grab, the more heavily armed their subject become.

On a more pleasant side note the price of hunting guns has decreased because no one is buying them and I got an awesome deal on a new waterfowl gun in Max4 camo for duck season this year :D!

vaka
03-25-2013, 1:01 PM
For give me if I sound uneducated for this question but here go's anyways." Why does the state of California legalize Marijuana then turns around and says that under federal law Marijuana is illegal and federal law trumps state law. shouldn't that mean the same thing for firearms and ammo . shouldn't federal law trump state laws on firearms too? For the record I am by no way advocating the legalization of Marijuana it is just an example of the state using laws for their convenience

Russ Florian
03-25-2013, 1:28 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUISU25zx15PAgvRitCXgrvY99DUnGW Y65Amkzb4f29S2XXmwdKQ https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqHHydmZn67euS7BW3hy9g-Qk0KdrFeGAjjQirOi6Ul1zAxZCO ..........Who's scared?

http://17f0418678386b4e6860-e4f9fcd924b589d19bf6ccc2802ea9aa.r66.cf1.rackcdn.c om/67dd4a84e4899016c15f689b8bcb40d037e828c6.jpg__576x 480_q85.jpg .................https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEdrs0-Y1zrpb1qzi4x-9Ye2rXtn3HUbaa6NUDXL95XkBDQAtHTg
http://www.dvice.com/sites/dvice/files/styles/blog_post_media/public/images/original_0.jpg ..........................https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmEDPHMdhtDwCnn16aF09g4c99M2rSb xZc44a4oJVIu5QUYRnJCA http://i1.wp.com/www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/obama-admin-has-63-drone-launch-sites-in-us.jpg?resize=550%2C335Ya it's over... Everything is fine.

Losd619
03-25-2013, 1:29 PM
For give me if I sound uneducated for this question but here go's anyways." Why does the state of California legalize Marijuana then turns around and says that under federal law Marijuana is illegal and federal law trumps state law. shouldn't that mean the same thing for firearms and ammo . shouldn't federal law trump state laws on firearms too? For the record I am by no way advocating the legalization of Marijuana it is just an example of the state using laws for their convenience

They pick and choose their battles.

RuskieShooter
03-25-2013, 2:39 PM

No at either the fed or state level.

At the fed level the AWB can still be slipped in as an amendment. Continue to write congress critters.

At the state level the nightmare is just beginning...

-Ruskie