PDA

View Full Version : Bloomberg to push $12 Mil TV Ad Campaign against GUNS

vincnet11
03-23-2013, 7:14 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/bloomberg-mayor-group-tout-big-gun-control-push-004838083--politics.html

njineermike
03-23-2013, 7:31 PM
Bloomberg needs to be tarred and feathered.

LuvLRBs
03-23-2013, 7:34 PM
Dang, can't we find a really rich guy?

therealnickb
03-23-2013, 7:41 PM
There are a lot of really rich folks in the world. Many have agendas. Many do not. We usually hear about the bbergs. We almost never hear about the generous donations given by those with out an agenda.

Why would that be?

CessnaDriver
03-23-2013, 7:42 PM
The NRA should run ads to counter.

Tyrone
03-23-2013, 7:43 PM
He is the mayor of NY but "The new ads will air in 13 states the group believes are divided on gun control: Arkansas, Arizona, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, New Hampshire, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio and Pennsylvania." Hopefully, the citizens of those states will question why he would put 12 million behind ads in states other than his own...

penguin0123
03-23-2013, 7:45 PM
Dang, can't we find a really rich guy?

Go call Clint Eastwood.

Uriah02
03-23-2013, 7:50 PM
Keep in mind ad campaigns also stoke the fire within pro-2A people. So long as we clearly and politely articulate basic weapons education, no matter how much Bloomberg spends it won't matter.

LuvLRBs
03-23-2013, 8:20 PM
Last year he gave 220 million to combat tobacco use. This guy just wants everybody to be all healthy and skinny and gun-free and have no cavities or bad cholesterol.

Mr.Sandman
03-23-2013, 8:46 PM
Last year he gave 220 million to combat tobacco use. This guy just wants everybody to be all healthy and skinny and gun-free and have no cavities or bad cholesterol.

It's the truth. We are all guinea pigs for his little hobby of trying to "prevent unnecessary death" in his mind. Dude is OCD, he studies ****ing charts and statistics because he is obsessed with reducing the death rate by whatever means: diabetes, obesity, guns, tobacco, cancer, etc.... He has openly admitted that he is proud that NYC's average life expectancy is like 2 years more than the national average according to him.

He started off in NYC and now he is expanding nationally, soon to be followed by some sort of international campaign I am sure.

:::::: note to self, if I ever get billions of dollars, just leave people alone:::::::::

03-23-2013, 8:55 PM
Napoleon Banburg can go to hell with his nanny state obsession.

atascadero
03-23-2013, 9:00 PM
He's investing in 2016. You'll see.

kimber_ss
03-23-2013, 9:06 PM
His long term agenda........

http://www.globaltextiles.com/html/images/upload/tradeleads/536/535778.jpg

rootuser
03-23-2013, 9:09 PM
His money, his right to do with it as he pleases. We just need to counter as best we can be grouping together and fighting in the right places.

Tripeaks69
03-23-2013, 9:10 PM
Go call Clint Eastwood.

"Go ahead, Bloomberg, make my day"...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kingsfan8888
03-23-2013, 9:11 PM
I am really starting to hope they just divide up the country and let the libs go there own way. All of this endless arguing is never going to end and is just throwing billions of dollars away that could be better spent. The only ones getting rich off of this horse **** are the networks and the ****ing lawyers.

eam
03-23-2013, 9:13 PM
Great. Hope he finds some other ways to waste his money, too.

(Please nobody tell him that no one watches TV with the commercials anymore.)

HHGT
03-23-2013, 9:15 PM
Bet you anything he has financial interests in the medical insurance industry.

I'm just saying....follow the money.

rootuser
03-23-2013, 9:31 PM
Bet you anything he has financial interests in the medical insurance industry.

I'm just saying....follow the money.

You are so right. The money always tells the tale.

rhunter
03-23-2013, 9:33 PM
His long term agenda........

http://www.globaltextiles.com/html/images/upload/tradeleads/536/535778.jpg

For us or for him?

kingsfan8888
03-23-2013, 9:39 PM
he is just authoritarian *** hole.

kimber_ss
03-23-2013, 9:48 PM
For anyone 5150 enough to own a gun.

For us or for him?

Jet Setter
03-23-2013, 10:51 PM
Bloomberg is an idiot with more money than sense. He is a business genius but that is where it ends.

DannyInSoCal
03-23-2013, 10:55 PM
The blood of the innocent lives sacrificed by the failed delusional anti-gun agenda -

Is on the hands of the liberal political hacks pushing it -

And those who blindly support them.

God will judge them much harsher than we ever could -

May they burn in hell forever.......

myk
03-23-2013, 11:03 PM
Where are our glitzy, mega-buck ads?

SonofWWIIDI
03-23-2013, 11:07 PM
What a douche!

frankm
03-23-2013, 11:11 PM
I am really starting to hope they just divide up the country and let the libs go there own way. All of this endless arguing is never going to end and is just throwing billions of dollars away that could be better spent. The only ones getting rich off of this horse **** are the networks and the ****ing lawyers.

I think I'm already there. We can take our half with the Constitution, BOR, and Founding Fathers. God, Family, Country. Mom, the Flag, and Apple Pie. They can have their police/nanny Marxist paradise.

IVC
03-23-2013, 11:25 PM

And we should all be short too. A Chihuahua has a right not be afraid when in presence of other dogs, even if those dogs are not in any way threatening it. If a Chihuahua has to bark, it's not because it's insecure, but because those other dogs look mean...

Jwtechnic
03-23-2013, 11:26 PM
Bloomberg is a racist, sexist & a classist. That guy is a douche even by Liberal standards, but he's rich. Somebody needs to put together a well thought out & well funded info campaign to show people what a douche this guy is.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/28/is-this-bloomberg-businessweek-cover-racist-theyve-apologized-for-it/
http://tv.msnbc.com/2012/12/14/stop-and-frisk-racist-and-ineffective/
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2012/05/classist-side-mayor-bloombergs-soda-ban/52996/
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?161046-The-Classism-in-Daly-Bloomberg-s-Billionaire-MACHINE-POLITICS
http://perdidostreetschool.blogspot.com/2013/03/bloomberg-policies-as-racist-as.html

Maestro Pistolero
03-24-2013, 12:16 AM
The NRA should run ads to counter.

Major networks don't run NRA ads last time I checked.

voiceofreason
03-24-2013, 5:47 AM
A spokesman for the National Rifle Association blasted Bloomberg and the new ads, saying NRA members and supporters would be calling senators directly and urging them to vote against proposed gun control legislation.

"What Michael Bloomberg is trying to do is ... intimidate senators into not listening to constituents and instead pledge their allegiance to him and his money,"

Just Dave
03-24-2013, 5:59 AM
Obama surrogate.

Kyle1886
03-24-2013, 6:52 AM
He is the mayor of NY but "The new ads will air in 13 states the group believes are divided on gun control: Arkansas, Arizona, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, New Hampshire, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio and Pennsylvania." Hopefully, the citizens of those states will question why he would put 12 million behind ads in states other than his own...

Considering he is "hitting" local markets, rather than nationally, he can leverage more bang for his bucks. I wonder how many ads will air for just 12 million though and whether they will be "prime time" or general viewing.

Kyle

glock7
03-24-2013, 7:12 AM
he's on meet the press right now. he just made me spit out my coffee. he says he's pro second amendment. :puke:

glock7
03-24-2013, 7:16 AM
he basically is going to try to destroy the NRA....and soda drinkers. jeez this guy wants to take personal freedoms away.

glock7
03-24-2013, 7:28 AM
Wayne La Pierre is on meet the press now, and he brought stats and a clear mind.

rsacks
03-24-2013, 7:44 AM
A fool and his money are easily parted.

There goes another 12 million...

tap4154
03-24-2013, 7:47 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/bloomberg-mayor-group-tout-big-gun-control-push-004838083--politics.html

If he'd spend that money on locking up criminals who use guns, and on enforcing existing laws, he'd actually be part of the solution.

The guy is just out to ban everything he hates.

I feel the same way, to a degree, which is why I think America should ban libs from public office!

totus44
03-24-2013, 8:04 AM
WLP throwing down the gauntlet, "Nannyburg can't buy America"!

penguin0123
03-24-2013, 9:02 AM
As much as I dislike Karl Rove, someone needs to unleash that dog.

2009_gunner
03-24-2013, 10:48 AM
I think I'm already there. We can take our half with the Constitution, BOR, and Founding Fathers. God, Family, Country. Mom, the Flag, and Apple Pie. They can have their police/nanny Marxist paradise.

I think to really make the point of our Divided States, free states should begin pardoning any felon whose only crime is draconian NY, NJ, CA style weapons laws. Give these people their rights back if they move to a free state.

03-24-2013, 11:24 AM
As much as I dislike Karl Rove, someone needs to unleash that dog.

PASS. He'll only "whiteboard" us into another loss.

Noble Cause
03-24-2013, 2:26 PM
Bloomberg had to purchase his last election.

If I remember correctly, he had to spend $172 for each vote he garnered,
from his own pocket. Not to mention what he did with the legislature so
he could run again.

If you love your freedoms, Bloomberg is not your friend.

My belief is that Bloomberg is merely misguided in his crusades. In his mind,
it's all for the greater good. Classic example of "the road to hell is paved
with good intentions".

Unfortunately Bloomberg will do whatever it takes for what he considers to be
the "greater good". For example, do not trust any research on gun control
coming out of John Hopkins:

ďThe modern story of Hopkins is inextricably linked to him,Ē said Ronald J. Daniels, the universityís president, as he walked around the campus recently. ďWhen you look at these great investments that have transformed American higher education, itís Rockefeller, itís Carnegie, itís Mellon, itís Stanford ó and itís Bloomberg.Ē

Hopkins, in return, has become something of a brain trust for Mr. Bloomberg, shaping his approach to issues like cigarette smoking, gun violence and obesity.

Link to full article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/27/nyregion/at-1-1-billion-bloomberg-is-top-university-donor-in-us.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Noble

X-NewYawker
03-24-2013, 2:32 PM
And we should all be short too. A Chihuahua has a right not be afraid when in presence of other dogs, even if those dogs are not in any way threatening it. If a Chihuahua has to bark, it's not because it's insecure, but because those other dogs look mean...

Okay. This is not some general ad campaign -- it is targeted to the specific districts of Democratic Senators who are pro gun -- to let them know that this money will be there to run Anti-gun decorates against them in 2014. This is specifically getting the voters in those states to know that their lawmakers are pro gun, so antis can rise up against them. May scare a few over enough to pass the AWB amendment...

IVC
03-24-2013, 2:45 PM
May scare a few over enough to pass the AWB amendment...

After Senate comes the House. After Congress come the courts.

An agenda driven guy with money attacking civil liberties or established court precedents is a shaky proposition at best. We've seen it time after time. And that's provided that he calculated and executed correctly... This campaign might hurt his cause more than it benefits it.