PDA

View Full Version : Anti-gun protest going on in Irvine right now, anyone want to counter protest?

80% Arms
03-22-2013, 5:20 PM
Just drove by the intersection of Culver and Alton in Irvine and there is a handful of people on the street corners with signs saying "toughen gun laws" and other anti-gun related garbage. If anyone in the area is free and feels like counter protesting there, you know where to go :) They're there right now, as of 17:20.

Hope this is the right area to post this. Figured it is political related...

CitaDeL
03-22-2013, 5:32 PM
Should be met with no less than double their numbers. Signage could draw a parallel between the effectiveness of "Prohibition" and gun control.

acolytes
03-22-2013, 6:02 PM
I saw some old hippies holding signs on the same corner a couple weeks ago. There was only like 3 of them though. lol

RomanDad
03-22-2013, 6:06 PM
Yeah.... The counter protest will be held at the OC fairgrounds all day tomorrow... Im told you should be there by 4AM if you want to have a chance to buy ammo... err... I mean "protest materials."

80% Arms
03-22-2013, 6:34 PM
Yeah.... The counter protest will be held at the OC fairgrounds all day tomorrow... Im told you should be there by 4AM if you want to have a chance to buy ammo... err... I mean "protest materials."

Haha very true. I'll be helping supply the counter protestors.

The protesters left now.

badicedog
03-22-2013, 6:36 PM
damn I'm working tonight...

SURVIVOR619
03-22-2013, 7:10 PM
Down in S.D., sorry cannot assist! Attending a rally in Ramona tomorrow, though!

kens
03-22-2013, 7:32 PM
drive by holding your fingers out the window in the shape of sideways L. for liberal of course.

myk
03-22-2013, 7:37 PM
Down in S.D., sorry cannot assist! Attending a rally in Ramona tomorrow, though!

Seriously. Why don't those weenies ever have any protests down here. There are plenty of us in Socal who would love the chance to rally back...

NoJoke
03-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Wish I was there...

I'd wear my alma mater t-shirt (UCI Anteaters) with some sort of intelligent sign - like, an anteater is to ants what a criminal with a gun is to an unarmed man/woman. Don't be an idiot! Protect your damn family and OWN A GUN!

http://book.uci.edu/webitemimages/446/W90027w-t.jpg

RotaryRevn
03-22-2013, 10:11 PM
I saw them today on my way to 85 degrees C but didn't know what they were doing. I couldn't read the signs but my wife said that one of the signs said 13 dead.....blah blah

myk
03-22-2013, 10:23 PM
I saw them today on my way to but didn't know what they were doing. I couldn't read the signs but my wife said that one of the signs said 13 dead.....blah blah

I'd have a sign comparing how many deaths by hammers, baseball bats, cars, etc. and call that we ban those also...

george223
03-22-2013, 11:04 PM
Next time, throw a handful of firecrackers out the window as you are driving by and see how they react. Should be good for a laugh.

mabilis_matulis
03-22-2013, 11:57 PM
I'll be at the fairground on Sunday afternoon..

sl0re10
03-23-2013, 12:00 AM
I'd have a sign comparing how many deaths by hammers, baseball bats, cars, etc. and call that we ban those also...

What do we want? Hand control! When do we want it? NOW!

CDFingers
03-23-2013, 6:46 AM
This is to be expected in Orange County, the most frightened county in the state. I'm glad I'm up here along the 40th parallel.

CDFingers

FORD4LIFE
03-23-2013, 6:51 AM
Damn, I was just up there

I'll be up there again today though

vantec08
03-23-2013, 7:08 AM
Aw man. Wish I could attend with my sign - "WE DEMAND CRIMINAL CONTROL".

phamkl
03-23-2013, 7:10 AM
This is to be expected in Orange County, the most frightened county in the state. I'm glad I'm up here along the 40th parallel.

CDFingers

wut?

Irvine is home to a lot of smug *****s and pretentious busy bodies so I'm not surprised. There was also an "Occupy Irvine" movement that succeeded in forcing the city to renovate the grass in front of the city hall. I bet it's the same people.

CDFingers
03-23-2013, 7:21 AM
The OC is so frightened no one can get a CCW.

CDFingers

BHPFan
03-23-2013, 7:25 AM
The OC is so frightened no one can get a CCW.

CDFingers

I thought SF county especially the city of SF is the worst. :confused:

arrix
03-23-2013, 9:33 AM
wut?

Irvine is home to a lot of smug *****s and pretentious busy bodies so I'm not surprised. There was also an "Occupy Irvine" movement that succeeded in forcing the city to renovate the grass in front of the city hall. I bet it's the same people.

As a gun-toting Irvine resident, I take offense to this remark. I think you need to rethink your prejudices.

phamkl
03-23-2013, 9:42 AM
I didn't say that all people from Irvine are like that. I'm from Irvine too. I'm acquainted with a handful of people whom I would describe as such.

kens
03-23-2013, 12:34 PM
I live in Irvine, I grew up in Florida and Louisiana until my middle teens and my gun exposure has been with me since i was like 6,

People who have lived in orange county or southern california for a majority of their life - and have a family with money, not flooding, but enough to buy what they want when they want without thinking, often tend to be extremely sheltered. Even more so from areas in irvine like turtle rock and woodbury and and going on down to newport coast and etc

I have a female co-worker (who is part of a very rich family) who saw a picture of an ar15 and said that looks scary, what is it? I said it was a modern rifle, they've been around for 50 years. and she just replies "based on how it looks, it doesnt seem like something someone should have" She wasnt even aware it was cosmetically similar to rifles that have been used in our military or had 0 information on any gun debate or what was even happening.

When i explained to her it was semi automatic and what it means, that when you fire you only shoot one round and the energy, in one form or another, pushes the old case out and slides in a new one in with spring tension.
"so you mean automatic." me: "no, its SEMI automatic, automatic means you can hold the trigger and the gun will automatically fire without you doing anything else." her: so they are both automatic. I gave up. Worst part is shes an avid voter and considers things, because she was asking everyone around work a while back what this and that meant when it came to vote for things

In her world she can't even fathom a gun being owned, she doesn't even understand how people can't pay for a 50 dollar item because they are waiting for a pay check. This is the only kind of world she has ever known and she is the prime suspect in why everyone feels like they should get rid of guns and she is one of the masses (and there are a lot just like her) who will continue to vote for gun confiscators :(

Sleighter
03-23-2013, 1:16 PM
Just go out on your balcony and unload a double barrel shotgun. That'll scare em away...or so I've heard.

DannyInSoCal
03-23-2013, 1:18 PM
Simply make this sign:

If Guns Could Abort Babies -
Liberals Would Support Guns....

arrix
03-23-2013, 1:50 PM
I live in Irvine, I grew up in Florida and Louisiana until my middle teens and my gun exposure has been with me since i was like 6,

People who have lived in orange county or southern california for a majority of their life - and have a family with money, not flooding, but enough to buy what they want when they want without thinking, often tend to be extremely sheltered. Even more so from areas in irvine like turtle rock and woodbury and and going on down to newport coast and etc

I have a female co-worker (who is part of a very rich family) who saw a picture of an ar15 and said that looks scary, what is it? I said it was a modern rifle, they've been around for 50 years. and she just replies "based on how it looks, it doesnt seem like something someone should have" She wasnt even aware it was cosmetically similar to rifles that have been used in our military or had 0 information on any gun debate or what was even happening.

When i explained to her it was semi automatic and what it means, that when you fire you only shoot one round and the energy, in one form or another, pushes the old case out and slides in a new one in with spring tension.
"so you mean automatic." me: "no, its SEMI automatic, automatic means you can hold the trigger and the gun will automatically fire without you doing anything else." her: so they are both automatic. I gave up. Worst part is shes an avid voter and considers things, because she was asking everyone around work a while back what this and that meant when it came to vote for things

In her world she can't even fathom a gun being owned, she doesn't even understand how people can't pay for a 50 dollar item because they are waiting for a pay check. This is the only kind of world she has ever known and she is the prime suspect in why everyone feels like they should get rid of guns and she is one of the masses (and there are a lot just like her) who will continue to vote for gun confiscators :(

Take her shooting with an AR, she will love it. I've never met anyone who didn't, even hardcore ignorant libs. :D

kens
03-23-2013, 3:05 PM
Take her shooting with an AR, she will love it. I've never met anyone who didn't, even hardcore ignorant libs. :D

She doesn't even like bb/airsoft/paintball guns and thinks no one should have those either. Doubt I could get her into a gun range to shoot a real gun, let alone a slingshot.

CDFingers
03-24-2013, 7:30 AM
DannyInSoCal:

If women defended their right to choose with guns, Republicans would be in favor of gun control.

CDFingers

therealnickb
03-24-2013, 7:45 AM
DannyInSoCal:

If women defended their right to choose with guns, Republicans would be in favor of gun control.

CDFingers

Your thinking is especially deluded today.

EM2
03-24-2013, 8:32 AM
Your thinking is especially deluded today.

He gets that a lot.

vantec08
03-24-2013, 8:44 AM
DannyInSoCal:

CDFingers

Apples and oranges?