View Full Version : Is there a handgun roster database?

10-23-2007, 1:47 PM
I've searched but have only found the garbage on the state website.
Has anyone made a searchable database of the handgun roster that can search for multiple criteria (and example would be; caliber, brand, and barrel length)

I would love to have this as a resource to see what I can and can't get without having to sort through the DOJ website.

10-23-2007, 1:51 PM
Here it is:

and you can set up search criteria. don't know if this is what you already looked at though.

10-23-2007, 3:03 PM
Because it uses radio buttons, one can only search on manufacturer and one other characteristic - Can get all .357, all manufacturers, but can't get all .357 with 3-inch barrel isolated.

Attached is a .zip archive of an Excel spreadsheet of the list as it is right now. Open with Excel, sort by column headers.

10-23-2007, 4:54 PM
Thanks Librarian, that's just what I was looking for.
BTW, Where'd you get that?

10-23-2007, 5:15 PM
Thanks Librarian, that's just what I was looking for.
BTW, Where'd you get that?You're welcome.

Just had the DOJ site return the whole thing, copied it and pasted into excel - preserved all the columns with no fuss.

10-23-2007, 9:47 PM
If I transfer it into a database (better for inquiries of multiple items) I'll post it here. Give me a day or two before I have free time.

10-24-2007, 12:01 PM
Okay here is an Access database so you can write quiries.
Remember that the DOJ is not always consistant so sometimes it's a ".45" and others it's a ".45 acp"