PDA

View Full Version : SA Mil Spec rear sight

MrBurns
10-22-2007, 10:12 PM
So I finally got around to cleaning that new Mil Spec I wrote about in previous thread, and noticed something I do not like. My rear sight is loose....damn loose. If I hold the gun in one hand, I can push the rear sight out with my index finger of my other hand really easily. I don't think its supposed to be that way. Do any of you have a good recommendation for a glue or something that will keep it in place?

PLINK
10-22-2007, 11:37 PM
Use the lifetime warrenty and send it back to Springfield.

randy
10-23-2007, 12:28 AM
Center the site and hit down on the slide with a brass punch it will but enough pressure to hold it in place. Or send it back and let them hit it with a brass punch.

dfletcher
10-23-2007, 7:43 AM
Use a steel center punch on the bottom of the rear sight - then use a dab of loctite. You'll raise a burr or two on the sight bottom (not the slide dovetail) and that will keep it in tight. Takes 2 minutes.

MrBurns
10-23-2007, 9:48 AM
Thanks for suggestions guys. I'll try the Loctite method, and if it doesn't hold I'll send it off to Springfield.

BamBam-31
10-23-2007, 2:20 PM
Sounds like a good excuse to get a YoBo retro rear sight. ;)

If you're gonna use Loctite, use the red. It'll hold better, but from the sounds of it, you're gonna need a bit more than just loctite.

I had a loose rear sight on an old P7M8 once. Fixed it with a sliver of aluminum can plus loctite. Didn't even change the POI. :)