PDA

View Full Version : Idiot at the range

VAHEVAHE
10-22-2007, 12:20 AM
I was at Angeles today and i drove my car in to unload my rifles. As i was backing up i see this woman standing in the way of my car while i was reversing , totally oblivious to whats going on. So i stopped and waited for her to realize that a car was backing up so she could move out of the way. Well she saw me and moved toward the back bench. As i was reversing she basically came back to the same spot . Well i tried to move by her and then all of a sudden her boyfriend yells "jesus!, move hunny!" . Well as i reversed and came toward him he tells me " Do you have a rear view mirror" in a really rude way. And i calmly told him that his girlfriend had seen my car and had moved , why did she come back to the same spot? . He tells me that it dosnt matter because I was in a car and shes on foot. Well anyway, i just ignore him not wanting to start a argument and start reversing when he says " Yeah, we have guns too". I just got really mad but decided to act cool and be the smart one in the situation and avoid a potential fight, especially at a shooting range. I also had my Advanced taser in the Vehicle just in case he had tried to hit me while i was in my car.

Anyway i just wanted to tell u guys about it .

Steyr_223
10-22-2007, 12:37 AM
You did the right thing, by de-escalating the situation. He was in error..

DedEye
10-22-2007, 12:38 AM
I was at Angeles today and i drove my car in to unload my rifles. As i was backing up i see this woman standing in the way of my car while i was reversing , totally oblivious to whats going on. So i stopped and waited for her to realize that a car was backing up so she could move out of the way. Well she saw me and moved toward the back bench. As i was reversing she basically came back to the same spot . Well i tried to move by her and then all of a sudden her boyfriend yells "jesus!, move hunny!" . Well as i reversed and came toward him he tells me " Do you have a rear view mirror" in a really rude way. And i calmly told him that his girlfriend had seen my car and had moved , why did she come back to the same spot? . He tells me that it dosnt matter because I was in a car and shes on foot. Well anyway, i just ignore him not wanting to start a argument and start reversing when he says " Yeah, we have guns too". I just got really mad but decided to act cool and be the smart one in the situation and avoid a potential fight, especially at a shooting range. I also had my Advanced taser in the Vehicle just in case he had tried to hit me while i was in my car.

Anyway i just wanted to tell u guys about it .

Stupid is as stupid does. Good call on not escalating the situation; definitely wasn't worth more trouble.

VAHEVAHE
10-22-2007, 12:44 AM
Thanks guys , it feels like this weight is lifted off my shoulders, whenever stuff like this happens i think about it and it stresses me out , but getting support from you guys makes me feel a Ton better.

thefinger
10-22-2007, 1:50 AM
Thats really annoying. Jerks at the range always ruin my day, mostly because I'm used to having everyone at the range be super-nice and friendly. It only takes one jerk to really bring me down. Hope that guy and his tard gf didn't ruin your range trip!

Giovani X
10-22-2007, 2:01 AM
My usual response is something like "It must fell great to know everything and be right all the time." Then walk away and forget that D-face.

VAHEVAHE
10-22-2007, 2:14 AM
Thats really annoying. Jerks at the range always ruin my day, mostly because I'm used to having everyone at the range be super-nice and friendly. It only takes one jerk to really bring me down. Hope that guy and his tard gf didn't ruin your range trip!

+99, i am exactly the same way, half of the fun of going to the shooting range for me is talking to total strangers about stuff we enjoy like firearms . I have had so many good times at the shooting range that it overshadows this bad time.I mean I could totally get how That guy felt, ;OMG, THIS GUY DOSNT SEE MY GF HE IS GONNA HIT MY GF!!!!!!!. I can understand if he got scared for his girlfriend and was a bit angry because he does not know that i see his girlfriend standing in the way ofmy car , but the comment he made at the end was uncalled for , and with the attitude that he had it made me very angry. But i kept my cool. :) , guys i really appreciate all the support it makes me feel a lot better.

VAHEVAHE
10-22-2007, 2:14 AM
My usual response is something like "It must fell great to know everything and be right all the time." Then walk away and forget that D-face.

Whats there usual response to that?

Giovani X
10-22-2007, 2:21 AM
I don't know, I'm too busy walking away.

VAHEVAHE
10-22-2007, 2:23 AM
I don't know, I'm too busy walking away.

Thats a really good line to use, so they don't say anything to you? as in they just stay quiet while your walking away?

Giovani X
10-22-2007, 2:29 AM
I don't want any trouble so if they do come up with some snappy response or catch the sarcasm in my voice and respond with an attitude. I just say "Thanks and you have a great day too." Then continue my walk. And always rember the Sir or Madam it gives them the mental image of their superiority and comes across with more respect then dude , guy , or a-hole. Kill them with kindness just like momma told you to do.

VAHEVAHE
10-22-2007, 2:31 AM
I don't want any trouble so if they do come up with some snappy response or catch the sarcasm in my voice and respond with an attitude. I just say "Thanks and you have a great day too." Then continue my walk.

I wish i can do that without showing my anger, i wear my emotions like a sleeve.

N6ATF
10-22-2007, 2:35 PM
Backup alarm, backup camera. Or just honk at 1 second intervals.

kalibear
10-22-2007, 3:30 PM
"We have guns too"

But nothing beats an old fashioned duel! You should've whipped out a glove or a dirty sock and whacked him in the face with it. :D

Seriously though I would've honked at her, that usually works unless she was on something.

AJAX22
10-22-2007, 3:38 PM
I've found that loud exhaust pipes and a quick engine rev do more to get people out of the way than the horn when they're being deliberatly dickish.

NRAhighpowershooter
10-22-2007, 3:51 PM
"We have guns too"

But nothing beats an old fashioned duel! You should've whipped out a glove or a dirty sock and whacked him in the face with it. :D

Seriously though I would've honked at her, that usually works unless she was on something.

If you use a old sock.. make sure there is a BIG rock in the sock :p

hung380
10-22-2007, 4:21 PM
"We have guns too"
Now that the kind of response from an ignorant gun owner That doesnt deserve to own any firearms. He can take all his guns and stick em up where the sun dont shine, buttstock first ofcourse.
Dont worry buddy, you did good by not escalading the situation. It takes more of a man to just walk away from situations like this. Its just a matter of time when hes gonna shoot himself in the foot.

Rob454
10-22-2007, 4:29 PM
"It must fell great to know everything and be right all the time." .

DUDE Im gonna start using that if you dont mind. thats a GREAT line.

VAHEVAHE dude you did the right thing. no reason to get mad at ever a hole out there. if you did that you would be mad all the time. i basically see it as if i get mad then he is controlling me. I jsut dont let it bother me.

PS next time go tell the range masters. A holes like that is the reason i basically STOPPED going to public target ranges. I go on BLM land and shoot either with friends or by myself. I clean up EVERYTHING and go home. i rather drive 2 extra hours than put up with BS from morons
Rob

N6ATF
10-23-2007, 12:23 AM
I've found that loud exhaust pipes and a quick engine rev do more to get people out of the way than the horn when they're being deliberatly dickish.

Unless they're a deep breather, then they inhale the fumes and get all stoooopid.

Giovani X
10-23-2007, 12:44 AM
All my banter is public domain, use it at will Rob 454.

DJDace
10-23-2007, 12:03 PM
I mean I could totally get how That guy felt, "OMG, THIS GUY DOSNT SEE MY GF HE IS GONNA HIT MY GF!!!!!!!". I can understand if he got scared for his girlfriend and was a bit angry because he does not know that i see his girlfriend standing in the way of my car.

Unless you and I back into that lane behind the benches at Angeles differently, that oblivious broad was in absolutely NO danger. You couldn't have been backing up at more than like what? 2-5mph?

The guy is an over-reacting, posturing clownshoe who had no business being out in public unsupervised as he had obviously not taken his anti-stupid medication that morning.

stagolee
10-23-2007, 1:50 PM
Perhaps the dumbest place on earth to get into an argument is at a shooting range.

That guy was a complete fool.

You did the right thing.

I should add that it might actually have been a service to evolution had you NOT used your rear view. ;)

glockman19
10-23-2007, 1:55 PM
Perhaps the dumbest place on earth to get into an argument is at a shooting range.
+1
You did the right thing.
+2
Car vs. Gun? Car wins every time. He might shoot you but you'll run him over. I'd rether not be hit by either but the projectile weight of bullet vs. car is a no brainer.

ibanezfoo
10-23-2007, 2:59 PM
Macho guys at a shooting range always make me laugh. There everyone is equal. The machismo crap just doesn't work.

-Bryan

BamBam-31
10-23-2007, 3:44 PM
I would have simply smiled and shook my head. A bit of bravado to save face / impress the girlie, not really worth any more time than you spent typing the post. Don't let that pull you down to his level. Now, if he took it beyond words....