PDA

View Full Version : Where? SF Bay Area store with a good revolver selection

Caseless
10-21-2007, 3:34 PM
I haven't been to a gun shop in ages. Anyone knows a store that stocks all the major brands? Ruger, Taurus, Rossi, etc. preferably in the East Bay.

Mize
10-21-2007, 5:09 PM
Target Masters in Milpitas has a good selection, but prices are high.

dfletcher
10-21-2007, 6:21 PM
Bullseye in Castro Valley - right off 580 East on Redwood Road, across from Trader Joe's.

leelaw
10-21-2007, 6:37 PM
I remember seeing a lot of revolvers up at Guns, Fishing and Other Things in Vacaville a while back.

Solidmch
10-21-2007, 6:38 PM
Canyon Sports has nice selection in Martinez.

wilit
10-23-2007, 1:50 AM
Reed's definitely has the best selection of pistols on hand, but IMO their prices are a tad high.

maxicon
10-23-2007, 9:23 AM
Sportsmen's Supply gets a good assortment through at reasonable prices, and it changes a lot, so it's good to stop in regularly. They get a lot of good used ones in, if you swing that way, and many times, they'll be able to order you one cheaper than Reed's has them on the shelf.

If you want to order one, though, try Irvington Arms or City Arms first - good folks, and good prices.

Reed's definitely has the best assortment on the shelf, but the prices are higher than I'd ever pay, except at their big sales.

movie zombie
10-23-2007, 10:59 AM
and even then the "big sale'' at reed's may only be $5.00 less than another store's regular price.....

movie zombie

RudyN
10-23-2007, 12:06 PM
I would agree that you check out Sportsmans Supply. I was in there yesterday picking up some ammo and happened to see that they do have a nice amount of revolvers. Didn't notice what they had as I don't have the spare cash to buy one right now and didn't want to feel bad if they had something I really wanted.

bountyhunter
10-23-2007, 1:24 PM
Without a doubt Reed's in San Jose. Just be sure you know your prices.

And then go order it from Sportsmen's Supply in San Jose and save the money Reeds would have gouged out of you.

Ordering online from Gunsamerica can sometimes save serious $$$ if you see the gun you want there.

Gryff
10-23-2007, 2:56 PM
Bullseye in Castro Valley - right off 580 East on Redwood Road, across from Trader Joe's.
The selection bites, though. I don't like Target Masters, but they do have a largish selection.

-Jim

Olav
10-24-2007, 11:18 AM
Reed's definitely has the best selection of pistols on hand, but IMO their prices are a tad high.

They don't even try to match prices either. Like they just don't care about selling their stock. :confused:

maxicon
10-24-2007, 2:20 PM
That's the funny thing - they have plenty of business. I'm thinking they have lots of customers who aren't tapped into the local and internet scene so much. I've bought a few guns from them on sale, but I don't even bother dropping by routinely, as they have very little used stuff and their new prices are always too close to MSRP.

Now, Sportsmen's Supply is a dangerous place to visit once a week. I used to do that mid-week, and about every 3-4 visits, I'd spot something good at a great price and talk myself into buying it.

sammy
10-24-2007, 5:15 PM
Canyon Sports has nice selection in Martinez.

1+ Canyon Sports has the best selection by far of any shop in the Bay Area but they have by far the highest prices. I look but do not buy there.